POLL - How many LCGs are you following?

By Julia, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

(sorry for cross-posting; if you've answered this already on a different board, please do not re-enter your data; I'll be keeping count of the results, and not of the name of the voters)

As per subject; it'd be interesting to see whether people tend to specialize (one or two games max) or to follow the scene in a wider way.

So, if you don't mind, list below the LCGs you're regularly following (no need to buy new packs as soon as they are out; let's say you have at least 70% of the existing material).

If enough answer, I could do some (possibly interesting) statistics

EDIT: I'll close the poll and collect the data on September, 25th.

Edited by Julia

I only really follow Netrunner. I try and keep current with what's being released for Conquest, and I do intend to expand eventually, but to date I only have the core set.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

As of now I can only afford 1 LCG.

LOTR LCG - Mandatory, anything released I get it.

Netrunner - Same deal although I lack a playing parter of my skill level (which is near 0 but I love experimenting)

Doomtown Reloaded - Also lack a playing partner but I'm enamored at the mechanics of this game as elusive as they are

I'd like to be following Call of Cthulhu but I already have enough games that I don't have a group for. Being on the road makes it so hard. Within the next month I hope to settle and catch up on some of these things.

I just got into Netrunner because a) I like the theme, and b) I found a guy on Craigslist selling his collection for $100 (3 cores, all small & large expansions, acrylic tokens, etc). I haven't been able to actually play a game yet, but I felt like I couldn't pass up the deal when I saw it. I ran over during a lunch break and loaded up a bag full of goodies.

I also follow the Star Wars LCG. I haven't played a game in well over a year, but I love the theme too much to let go.

Conquest and Netrunner are the two I collect.

Netrunner.

In 2017 when L5R starts up... well, that will be a new story.
I've also thought about Star Wars.

Netrunner.

In 2017 when L5R starts up... well, that will be a new story.

I've also thought about Star Wars.

This to the letter. The funny part is I quit L5R right before Ivory because it was becoming too expensive and Netrunner was far greener pastures. I never thought I would pick up a second LCG, until FFG bought the only IP that could make me play 2. Well played...well played...

Also Crane is the best clan or I challenge you to a duel...

Edited by Kheivalo

CoC (but that seems to be deing down)

40K conquest

Netrunner

I'll pick up atleast the starter for AGOT 2E and will get (back) into L5R.

Also, the Spider surely stands supreme amongst the clans...

*draws twin katanas*

Netrunner and lord of the rings.....

Would collect more if I had the bucks and time.

My local game store had a bunch of aGoT 1st ed on sale (becuz, you know, 2nd is comming) so I picked up a bunch of stuff (core set, 3 big expansions, 11 chapter packs) for a hundred bucks.

Maybe a bit foolhardy, I know... but I kinda like the board with 6 title figures.

Edited by Robin Graves

The title figures are still perfectly usable for 2nd Edition Melee, if you knock together your own board with the new relationships. The Master of Whispers art depicts a dagger, and the Lord Commander figure corresponds to the sword hilt of the Military Challenge Icon, so it can still fit Master of Ships.

Netrunner and Game of Thrones 2nd Edition.

Our local Netrunner meta is going into recession (many jumping ship to Game of Thrones, the Netrunner meta overall seems to be getting bloated and hard-counter cards make specific types of decks, particularly corp decks, a crapshoot and many of us are feeling profoundly "meh" about the game right now) and so I may just drop out of Netrunner to focus on GoT exclusively. I guess we'll see.

I only follow ANR. I thought about Star Wars but that's to much collecting for me lol

40K conquest

Netrunner

*draws twin katanas*

Why are they making a SE for AGOT?

I guess to make it easier for new players to get in the game. 1e AGOT has a truley masssive amount of expansion packs and half a ton of big expansions making it a bit intimidating and unwieldy to hop in it now. Also a good chance to clean up/streamline the rules and get some new artwork. Also: it makes them money.

40K conquest

Netrunner

*draws twin katanas*

Here's the lead designer's answer to that question.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/11/the-things-we-do-for-love/

40K conquest

Netrunner

*draws twin katanas*

Here's the lead designer's answer to that question.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/11/the-things-we-do-for-love/

Wow thanks for the link. If I was a fan of GOT I'd be a little ticked off. YU GI OH and Magic have been around longer then 6 years and their old cards can still play with the new set. Whelp I 'm pretty sure GOT fans are happy about it so who aM I to judge :)

Honestly, I think if they hadn't rebooted the game, I'd have dropped out of playing it. The rules were clunky, the builds were out of control and only reined in by an ever-more-draconian Restricted list, and it just wasn't fun anymore. I'm glad all that old stuff is going away.

Data entered up to here (results will be posted soonish)