Prize Support Legality?

By TripsEX, in UFS General Discussion

Judging by some of the spoilers I have seen at GenCon, when do any of the cards like Kisheri, Clash of the Ages, etc. become legal? We have never had a set time frame for any of these, and I would just like to know what is going on for them.

TripsEX said:

Judging by some of the spoilers I have seen at GenCon, when do any of the cards like Kisheri, Clash of the Ages, etc. become legal? We have never had a set time frame for any of these, and I would just like to know what is going on for them.

IIRC if you have them they are legal, but generally the understood rule was : If they were distributed worldwide, they are legal.

However, last I checked the Gen Con distribution was a special one.

I'm nearly possitive that Kisheri isn't legal yet, since she wasn't given out but slipped through. Clash of the Ages though is good. I think at least :D

FFG has said before, when a promo is released in monthly prize support, it is legal. So no, Kisheri isn't legal yet.

Ender Dragon said:

FFG has said before, when a promo is released in monthly prize support, it is legal. So no, Kisheri isn't legal yet.

Unless it was released at Gen Con, which if I recall it wasn't, but if it is... maaaaaaaaaan.

Also, that rule was started way way back at STG. FFG abides by it somewhat, but in the case of the Gen Con promos, I think the legality date was September 1st as ruled by Hata himself. HOWEVER I'm probably wrong on this as I can't find the stuff to prove my case.

Kisheri and clash of the ages were both given out at UK Nats afew weeks ago.
Dont know whether that changes anything.

Theo

Theo said:

Kisheri and clash of the ages were both given out at UK Nats afew weeks ago.
Dont know whether that changes anything.

Theo

Precedence shows that no unless we can find someone who states on it. Both Zi Mei and Zhao Daiyu were first given out as National prize support, and both were deemed legal after they hit prize support (or in the case of Zi Mei, after the mail-in promotion).