Digital component for L5R

By HidaYakamo, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Congratulations FFG on taking on Legend of the Five Rings. It's exciting to think of what you can do with this wonderful setting.

Not being afraid of new technology, having tried nifty claws and shiny jade hands, I would like to make the call now for a robust digital companion to L5R.

It's been a sore point for the games accessibility. Are there plans for the digital future of L5R? What would people like to see?

A handy deck building app, website and database along with organised play functions are a must

I would love to see a push for video games too.

Actually the LCG format is easily adapted to a video game format.

* One time buy a client.

* Expectations are DLC

You need a lobby and a connection system perhaps spectator mode.

I mean Sun and Moon already exists and this is basically a one man project.

Other kind of video games I am not sure if the brand is strong enough for this and I am also quite sure the FFG never developed a video game, so they probably would hand out licences.

FFG doesn't have any digital counterparts for any of the LCGs I would not hold your breath.

At the bare minimum, it will be added to www.cardgamedb.com .

Do not expect online play.

Edited by Sithborg

We have a two year wait before anything happens but I would not say never, and it might even be a good move for the company.

1.) They have a Digital Edition of Talisman now. It emulates the game perfectly, even has some exclusive content and it's quickly catching up on Talisman's 14 and growing expansions. It's at 6 or 7 now, covering two-three years of releases in about a year.

2.) They had a system in the works for Descent? Runescape?.... I don't remember which game it is because I don't play any of the games from the universe, but the company has taken other dips into the online medium before.

3.) A system in place for online play with some of the popular LCG's would be a great thing. Netrunner, Star Wars, AGOT, 40K, L5R all in one package.

I can definitely get behind a digital version of L5R! :)