Plea for the Gencon 2017 release.

By Ecgtheow, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

FFG, when you release L5R at Gencon 2017, can you, would you, pretty please with a cherry on top make it a full release, instead of the usual "we brought in 500 copies and they were all spoken for in the first five minutes" operation?

If you do, I promise I'll just hand over my wallet as soon as I get to your booth. :)

Also, could you maybe, at least for this game, release to FLGS at the same time as GenCon. If we have to wait 2 years already, don't make it longer please!

i will heartily second this notion. there is going to be one serious line for the new l5r edition.

I think they will. Or atleast that they ought.

The other games were being released for the first time (I am pretty sure). This game is going to have a 2 years hiatus and then be RE-released. If they want to maintain an existing player base, they need to get it to people who already play as quickly as possible.

Will there be a tournament at GC 2017?

Who knows? but technically, yes, it's their usual behaviour (happened for Conquest, for the 2nd edition of AGoT, and so on)

Yes. It says so on the games page.

If this gets rolled out right I imagine there will be no chance FFG will get stuck bringing too much product to GenCon 2017

...can I give you my money now?

I can't wait to see news rolling out leading to the release.

They oughta release them in editions like AEG did and start at onyx

Havent been to Gencon since 2004(where I coincidentally played my last FFg game, Call of Cthulu - free demo decks), but I will definitely go if the game looks cool.

I've heard from friends that FFG makes great stuff, so my hopes are pretty high.

Could you also secure a larger area for 2017? The lines this year were so bad I couldn't even get in once all weekend long.