Shipment from SanSan and Clot

By Dydra, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

I was just listening to the US National champion explaining why running Shipment in his NEH deck. He was saying that the only opportunity for the enemy to Clot is at the naked advance install.

How is that correct?

I'm looking the Corp's turn timing chart and 2.2 specifically.

After each action there is [ Paid Ability ] [ Non-Ice Rezz ] and [ Agenda Score] windows.

He needs the [ Paid Ability] window so he moves his counter from the AstroScript. If the runner uses the same window to Clot, his Clot should resolve prior the [Agenda Score] window. No?

Or the Corp can run through all the 3 windows, without letting the runner's action resolve prior that?

The way it works is you install an agenda...and wait. If they Clot now, then oh well. This is what Lukas was talking about with "baiting" the Clot, since at this point it could be Jackson, another asset, an upgrade, anything.

If they pass this ability window, you take your next action, and after that action, the corp has priority for Paid Abilities and Agenda Scoring. Shipment, Astrotoken, Score. The runner can't do a thing until the corp passes priority. If they don't have an Astrotoken or SanSan, then the runner's last opportunity to Clot is after the first advancement.

You seem to be under the impression that 2.2 gives three different windows, one for both players to use Paid Abilities, then another one to Rez Cards, then lastly a window to Score Agendas. This is not the case. Core Set rulebook P. 21.

Timing Priority

Whenever there is an opportunity to trigger paid abilities, rez cards and/or score agendas (usually at the beginning of a turn and after each action), the player who is currently taking his turn gets the first opportunity to act. He can trigger as many abilities, rez as many cards, and/or score as many agendas as he wishes in the order of his choosing . When he is finished, the other player gets the opportunity to act.

Edited by Grimwalker

As above. The runner never has a window to use the clone chip after Shipment From SanSan has been played.

An example of a crazy turn I pulled the other day:

I’m down 6-3 and have 1 Astro scored. Have already baited the Clot twice this game. So this time I drop another Astro on what Noise knows is a SanSan….Noise doesn’t chip the clot as he thinks it’s another bluff or that he can afford to let me score anyway.

Click 2 and 3 is SfSS.

And now for craziness:

1. Rez Team Sponsorship

2. Score Astro and trigger TS to install Breaking News from archives on the SanSan

3. Astrotoken, score BN, trigger TS to install 15 Minutes on SanSan

4. Astrotoken, score 15 Minutes

5. Win game

Noise would have had to clot right after I installed the Astro…once I used Shipment all 4 points were scored during the same timing window. Not until I finished all of the could Noise have used a paid ability.

Clot is needing more and more finesse to play.