SAS II 2nd place Heihachi off Chaos

By Makingsenseofus, in UFS Deck Building

2nd place SAS II heihachi off chaos

Total cards 59+Character

Characters x7

Heihahi x1
Random assorted characters x 6

Attacks x18

3x Zi mei’s wheel kick (F#%CKING FRENCH TOAST)
4x Execution Technique First Rite
4x Shadow Flare
4x Spinning Demon
3x Dark Geo Da Ray

Foundations x32

4x Need to Destroy
4x Communing with the Ancients
4x Chasing after the Power
4x Maniacal Laughter
4x Treacherous Offspring
3x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader
3x Body of Souls
3x For the Money
3x The Hunt is On

Actions x3

3x Ascending Zephyr

Sideboard

4x Demon Slayer
1x Zi Mei’s wheel kick
1x Character block
1x Dark Geo Da Ray
1x The hunt is On

Right before the tournament I decided to take out a geo da ray, a character and one The hunt is on to put in 3 wheel kicks, and **** was it worth it. For the money is the hotness with stun to back it up and that card won me countless games. My original build ran that algol 5 dif combo low card, but Geo Da ray puts way more dmg on the table. Shadow flare is in there to combo with First Rite for extra excitement, and really helps late game when you need your opponent to fail their checks. Spinning demon is the all star of this deck however, replacing heihachi’s discard one card cost with a ridiculous explosion of 10 damage multiple copies. Throw in some need to destroy’s and that’s game over. Everything else is either momentum gen or check boosts. The deck rolls no 4 checks so I can often pass 2 attacks on one if I mulliganed into crap (which did happen a few times).

As for the side board, obviously, 4 of the cards are actual tech, and 4 are there to make an 8 card side board. Demon slayer helped me only once in the whole tournament, but it was against my friend Phil playing rashotep. That card is some SERIOUS TECH in heihachi’s favor when you need to keep givin out the pumps despite seeing the pharaoh’s ugly ass on the field. It also helps against standoff and is a great defensive piece when playing against decks with path of the master.

Hope this deck inspires people to look to chaos for some crazy deck ideas. It’s a **** good deck and your gonna want to test against it because I’m sure variants on it will be played a lot in the future.

Look to the Tourney reports section for my tourney report.

This deck makes me want to murder babies. I got rolled so hard game 1 in the Final, it wasn't even funny. Well actually, it was freaking hilarious since he blocked an 11H 27D Hammer Of The Gods, FULLY, with a goddamn +3H block by popping 4 Chasing After The Power for +8 (!) to his check. Yikes. I mean what can you do after that? I wasn't even angry, more impressed than anything.

Game 2 and 3, I played at a slower pace and it payed off for me, as I knew as long as I had the blocks, even if he Wheel Kicked most of my board out I would have enough juice left to use Hata's E a few times to change zones and full block. I also just threw one big attack on my 2nd turn of both games and played passively off that, waiting for him to overextend JUST enough for me to push through some lethal damage.

Great deck, great player, great match, that's it really. Keenan is DA BOMB, watch out for this beast this season for sure.

i was so inspired and impressed with this deck...you sir are an amazing deck builder and i hope this only gets better...

Thanks for posting the deck. I like how you use stun to gain control over the opponent and force them to flood their card pool. I like the heavy handed nature of the deck. Thanks for showing a non-throw deck that hurts folks. I like your tech overall.

You sir, in our match made me more or less cream my pants over Chaos when I saw yer deck. The fact you steam rolled through a 27 vitality character turn two TWICE is props enough good sir

Looks nearly Identical to my Heiachi off of Chaos except our attack line ups differ. I prefer Evil Mist>Wheel Kick because of the extra speed and the godly block I also like Alaraph Achernar because it combos with Both Spinning Demon and First Rite. I have been telling people that Chaos heiachi is way better than Fire forever good to see you repping his better symbol :)

This deck blows big ones, I'm surprised Keenan made it that far with it. Pshhhhh....

EscarcegaGuy445 said:

This deck blows big ones, I'm surprised Keenan made it that far with it. Pshhhhh....

Hey there was an Algol deck at the SAS.

Did anyone play torn hero on you?

I have to say that I really enjoy this deck. I originally (read: When Heihachi came out) ran a deck similar to this one, with some alterations simply due to lack of card pool. I am working my way back into the deck, looking into some personal changes to it.

One of the largest (recent) issues I have been having is going up against White Crane. White Crane can gen momentum early, either by an early, fast attack, or by something like Close Throw. Mishima Family Leader helps for after you have been able to play an attack, but there is not much that can be done about it before then. I find myself trashing all but the Cervantes attacks, because everything else has 2 keywords.

Suggestions? Ways that you have combatted this?

-Tinman

Thing is you need to bait White Crane into blowing up something that is not important or just make something threatening and then your scary attack. I've played White Crane for the last 3 weeks off of life and tried a chaos/life build (Faithful body guard splash with Mishima support is crazy sick). Unless there is a magic card that can ready your character card after it is commited she can only blow up 1 card per turn with the price of commital. I would say don't get addicted to the pumping one major attack. Spread out the damage and make everything sting instead of kill. Then fish for character cards so you can shut down her turn.

tannerface said:

Did anyone play torn hero on you?

There were a few decks where I had to play around torn hero and perfect sense of balance. At that point I just wouldn't stun them and continue slinging attacks. The only cards I wanted tapped on my kill turn were really stand off, so if the deck had torn hero and stand off out, I'd have to build up a few more foundations. Also, whenever I saw torn hero/perfect sense hit the board, I would side into demon slayer game 2, which really helps get a lot of stupid E's out of the way. But it really came down to just slinging more 7-13 damage attacks than the opponent could block.

As for the White Crane thing, Dark Logos pretty much hit the nail on the head. Just sling out a tiny attack like wheel kick or that 0 damage nina attack everyone else runs, and if they don't white crane it, Zaibatsu leader away their momentum. If they do crane it, she's tapped! Proceed to murder phase. Course I never had a problem with her at SAS as no one was playing her, but if she is REALLY a problem, put some "Her own Agenda" in side board so you draw twice as much momentum discard and watch as white crane never gets momentum again.

And yeah, you don't need to pump one major attack, just pump EVERY attack (as long as you are pretty sure you're going to win, or it wouldn't over extend you...)

have you ever taught about Nursing a Grudge

most of the attacks share keywords together

Zei Mei's wheel kick - Spinning demon

Dark Geo Da Ray - Spining demon

First Rite - Shadow Flare

First Rite - Wheel Kick

I've also seen cases where people use Evil Mist which shares Stun with First Rite and Wheel Kick

it also shares ranged with Geo Da Ray

just my quick imput

Lazy Lantern said:

have you ever taught about Nursing a Grudge

most of the attacks share keywords together

Zei Mei's wheel kick - Spinning demon

Dark Geo Da Ray - Spining demon

First Rite - Shadow Flare

First Rite - Wheel Kick

I've also seen cases where people use Evil Mist which shares Stun with First Rite and Wheel Kick

it also shares ranged with Geo Da Ray

just my quick imput

To complete my imput, Yes it is by fire and you run by chaos, But you run a lot of dual symbol foundations that fun both chaos AND fire
my idea first came because I didn't think For the Money had cahos on it but it does.
to me, this could be a good hybridation idea to recyle your attack because as I read your report, you ran out of steam at different points during your matches.

Nursing a grudge is a cool card, don't get me wrong. Dual symboling in an aggro deck in the format right now, just doesn't appeal to me that much. So much of this deck is drawing a perfectly ideal opening hand, which typically consists of momentum gen and a check booster (as I run 11 momentum generators and 12ish check boosts). Of course with all of the characters, attacks and actions, doing the dual symboling thing would lead to more dead draws that would drastically lower the decks effectiveness. This deck is about as turn 2-3 streamlined as you can get, and for this deck, the longer the game lasts, the harder it is to win. Most of my losses dealt with drawing a crappy opening hand that a bad late hand, or hitting the dreaded 2 check on my turn one need to destroy. And against hata, the problem was getting the few attacks I was drawing to actually deal damage, because that character's defensive ability is just so over the top in this format. If you have a build that dual symbols fire and chaos, I would love to check it out and see the cool card interactions, but right now I'm not totally convinced that that deck strategy would work.

I tried Nursing a Grudge and it works so and so... maybe not enough to justify hybridation. I found that by following my freinds' advice and basing my deck more on yours, I got more consistency. The first version I ran NEEDED nursing badly as I had too few attacks and ran out of steam FAST. now I draw them more consistently and Heiachi's R is more effective.

What do you think about filling some side deck space with Controller of Souls in order to prevent Path of the Master's shenanigans? I know it's a chase card and you might just not have them, but I'm curious about your imput.

Lazy Lantern said:

I tried Nursing a Grudge and it works so and so... maybe not enough to justify hybridation. I found that by following my freinds' advice and basing my deck more on yours, I got more consistency. The first version I ran NEEDED nursing badly as I had too few attacks and ran out of steam FAST. now I draw them more consistently and Heiachi's R is more effective.

What do you think about filling some side deck space with Controller of Souls in order to prevent Path of the Master's shenanigans? I know it's a chase card and you might just not have them, but I'm curious about your imput.

Considering that half of the sideboard I listed was pretty much there to complete the last 4 cards of an 8 card sideboard, I would say yes. The whole weekend at SAS, my only potm "problem" was against Drew Maffei's king deck, b/c lets face it, King breaks that card in half. Other than that, the deck is faster than any other deck that relies on path as a kill condition, so Controller's uses might be limited, but I see no harm in swapping out the other few cards for controllers.

I of course, don't actually have a playset of them, and I've moved on to try heichi off fire, which is about a turn slower, but way more consistant, and has standoff for defense.

Another card you might consider for sideboard is The Devil within, b/c it stomps tons of face in general. I actually changed my attack line up before I took the deck completely apart, taking out 4 shadow flare for 3 demon slayers and 1 more Geo Da ray. This was mainly due to how much shadow flare can hurt you when you've played it, especially cause it's E requires you to technically pass a 6, and thats just more work than anyone needs. Also, I wanted to try the deck without 2 checks. For me the deck was just as effective, and though this meant no 13 damage shadow flare's, the added control from demon slayer was more than worth it. If you tried that build, it would free up space to run Devil within in side, just sayin.

are you using my Heihachi as a baseline for the fire build?

Makingsenseofus said:

Lazy Lantern said:

Considering that half of the sideboard I listed was pretty much there to complete the last 4 cards of an 8 card sideboard, I would say yes. The whole weekend at SAS, my only potm "problem" was against Drew Maffei's king deck, b/c lets face it, King breaks that card in half. Other than that, the deck is faster than any other deck that relies on path as a kill condition, so Controller's uses might be limited, but I see no harm in swapping out the other few cards for controllers.

I of course, don't actually have a playset of them, and I've moved on to try heichi off fire, which is about a turn slower, but way more consistant, and has standoff for defense.

Another card you might consider for sideboard is The Devil within, b/c it stomps tons of face in general. I actually changed my attack line up before I took the deck completely apart, taking out 4 shadow flare for 3 demon slayers and 1 more Geo Da ray. This was mainly due to how much shadow flare can hurt you when you've played it, especially cause it's E requires you to technically pass a 6, and thats just more work than anyone needs. Also, I wanted to try the deck without 2 checks. For me the deck was just as effective, and though this meant no 13 damage shadow flare's, the added control from demon slayer was more than worth it. If you tried that build, it would free up space to run Devil within in side, just sayin.

I currently don't own the Cervantes Starters so I run a deck with only 3 checks (replacing Shadowflares with Evil Mist) and I really like it

I will include Demon Slayer in the maindeck because I've run in some standoff / thorn hero combos, not even counting Rashotep's omnipresence.

I'm holding till next set for my Fire build. That full moon disembowel + Clash of the ages combo needs trying.

thanks for the feedback

PS, are you using Nursing a grudge in your fire version?

Actually, for the fire version, my attack line up is more like Shoemaker's Zi mei deck/Awakenz hata deck. The nice part about that deck in particular is that it actually DOESN'T need heihachi to win, but I can (and often do) throw out 14-19 damage Dragon lifters that are virtually unblockable turn two. I've found that while the chaos version is much faster, it will often loose to a rogue low block because I will often overextend myself pumping up my attacks, whereas the fire build grabs standoff to keep itself alive if I exhaust my hand.

The fire build runs 4 lifters, 4 wheel kicks, 4 launchers, 4 neutron's and 2 hammers. I suppose nursing a grudge is worth a shot in the build, as you can use a dragon lifter to get back a dragon lifter (eww), but the problem comes when finding stuff to take out for it as the deck runs very solidly with all of the fire mainstay foundations.

The biggest problem with that particular deck is that if it ever ran up against the heihachi matchup off chaos, it would lose hard. The only low block in the deck is envoy of the queen, which I am running simply because it is a low block, and this makes my ONLY defense against good defense against wheel kick into spinning demon bullshittery.

if you want i can send you my fire heihachi decklist, its the one i took up against your chaos build for top 8 at SAS...it might help a bit with some direction...

Sure dude, just PM it to me, or post it if you like.

i will PM it to ya, i dont like to post my decks...not because of some secret tech but because i dont like to have to post an analysis of my deck and i dont like to have it scrutinized by other people and have to explain why i have cards in it....