LCGs lack High convenience and High Fidelity

By apkenned, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

No, the kilos are fixed apart from the rares and always have been. Which is what made me say it's very close to being an LCG in the first place.

Lucas Blackwolf said:

Darthvegeta800 said:

Warlord is the AEG one right? Yeah I read it went LCG (kinda) after a while. Is it still alive actually?

Warlord has been bought from AEG and turned into a version of LCG by some fan from Germany. It is healthy and ballanced, if somewhat "guerilla" in it's marketing.

Bumped into the site ages ago. Glad to see they're still alive. A shame it got kicked to the backrow as it seemed to have a rather nice setting.

I agree that LCGs fill a niche - they pick up the gamer who's interested in a more freeform metagame without wanting to sink a ton of cash into a ccg, and at the same time they have a friendlier feel to the non-ccg player. After all, they have a more fixed card pool and you will not get blind-sided by someone who's found rarer rares than you have.

To me, the biggest difference between LCGs and CCGs (from a consumer's point of view) is that the formers are packaged like a boardgame...

So, if Warhammer: Invasion was sold has 4 fixed themed staters (and no boosters), more CCGs players will look at it as a possible alternative to their current game. For now, they just ignore this game, simply because it is not on the same shelves CCGs are.

Martin_fr said:

To me, the biggest difference between LCGs and CCGs (from a consumer's point of view) is that the formers are packaged like a boardgame...

So, if Warhammer: Invasion was sold has 4 fixed themed staters (and no boosters), more CCGs players will look at it as a possible alternative to their current game. For now, they just ignore this game, simply because it is not on the same shelves CCGs are.

Maybe this will change when more battle-packs are released, as those aren't packaged like normal boardgames. Just a thought though,,,