Alanverse - Unified Rules

By Alank2, in Dark Heresy House Rules

[Edit 2016-07-01: balanced Armor, Strength and Toughness Bonus, fixed small mistakes, things should be more clear now]
[Edit 2016-12-17: in case this topic gets locked in Archive, I made last changes based on my last 6 months of playing DW and BC regularly]
[Edit 2017-02-12: FFG changed their sites and all links stopped working; I'll try to re-write them somewhere in March]
[Edit 2017-05-27: Took me a while, but today I'm going to spend all day fixing links and updating this topic. Note, however, that 8th edition of Warhammer 40 000 made some important changes; therefore, my "40k to RPG" conversion tableworks only up to 7th Edition. Since I'm rally following tabletop anymore, and I don't have time, I'm not going to make 2 version, one for 8th and one for earlier versions; if you want to use these tables, you will need 7th or earlier edition of rules. At the moment of writing, there is a free trial of Army Builder for unlimited time with rules for armies from 4th to 7th edition, if you're interested.

Table of Contents:

- General information/general rules https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=1783451
- Strain (Profit Factor/Infamy/Influence fix), better costs for Alternate Ranks and Dark Heresy/Ascension psykers fix https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=1783463
- Unified Weapon Statistics https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=1783466

- Unified Weapon Qualities https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=1783467

- Alanverse Reviews, Stories and Other Links https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=1783499
- Alanverse Bestiary https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187782-alanverse-unified-rules/?do=findComment&comment=2162125

Hi everyone!

I'm Alank2 (as you can already see next to the topic name ;) ), I'm GM-ing for more than 2 years now. I started my adventure with Rogue Trader and few sessions. Than, one of my players was unreachable for few months, so the remaining 3 players made Only War campaign. Than one of them was unavailable, so the remaining 2 started Black Crusade.
Then 2 of the players were joined with one of their friends for DH sessions. Than I was asked about making sessions for some people at work...

... soooo I ended up with around 14(!) 40k RPG's campaigns, more than 20 players overall (some have few characters for different sessions), all at the same time.
They all happen at the same time and in the same area and have some connection between them, although my players started noticing them only recently.

(BTW, it's my players who made this name - I certainly didn't. They based this name on "Abnettverse", and we started using this term more often. It was... surprising, and had nothing to do with my megalomania ;) )

Since we're playing for such long time, I decided to publish some of our adventures. You may find some of players on these Forums already (for example Elavion, and his "You know you're playing Black Crusade When... topic here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/110113-you-know-youre-playing-black-crusade-when/).

I also recently started publishing reviews (for example, here https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/187569-shadow-of-madness-review-gms-kit-adventure/) and I'm going to write more of them soon.

But in the meantime, I decided to publish our unified rules.

Why unified? Simple - when sessions inter-lapped, I wanted to avoid situations when one players shoots with weapon 1d10+5 at target with TB10, and another players shoots with the same weapon on the same target, but hits with 1d10+9 at TB8.

So, let's get started, shall we?

Note - these are all my ideas, feel free to use them in any way you like, partially, as a whole, or not at all. I find them better than normal rules, but it's just my very subjective feeling :) .

1. General Rules

1. Critical Success happens on 01-05. Critical Failure happens on 96-100. They add 1 additional DoS/DoF to the roll and usually have more... spectacular effects.
1 is always success, 100 always failure. Note: If you have more than 100 Characteristic/Skill, then 100 is still a failure, but NOT a Critical Failure. The same goes with Success and modifiers lowering below 01.

Single modifier may not exceed +/-60.

You cannot have more than 100 and less than 1 on a Characteristic Roll. This prevents shooting full-auto weapons at BS140 and always scoring 4+ hits.

2. Cover .
When shooting from cover, every hit on head and one arm (usually right) ignores Cover; other hits have to pass through Cover first. With two-handed weapons, both arms are outside cover.
You can use Half Action to hide completely behind cover, if it's large enough. For example, you can shoot once as Half Action, and then hide, but if you aim and shoot or use Half/Full-Auto, you can be hit in the head and arm normally.
Of course, when using this Half Action to shoot, you can still be hit with Overwatch as normal with every hit on the head and arm ignoring cover.

On a side note - yes, in my book Single is Half Action. Half and Full Auto are both Full Actions and add +10/+20 to BS. If you prefer OW/BC/DH2.0 system, feel free to switch, they're also good, I just prefer this version for shorter and more brutal fights :) .

3. Overwatch and Called Shots.
a) Hitting specific body part is a Single Shot, Full Action done at -20.
b) Talents lowering penalties for Called Shot also lower penalties for shooting Small/Miniscule Targets.
c) Overwatch; you may either leave Half Action to do anything you want at any time without penalty (single shot, throw Grenade), or leave Full Action (Full Auto Burst, Called Shot); however, Full Action imposes -20 penalty. You are still limited to one Attack per Turn
So Called Shot on Overwatch is done at -40 penalty. You need to name the action you'll be using and specify when are you going to use it (for example, "I'm going to shoot first person who walks through these door").

Also, you can Dodge Overwatch and Parry Counterattack normally. That's more controversial, but I find the "no dodging Overwatch/no parrying Counter-Attack" problematic and easy to abuse.

4. Weapon Jam.

a)Weapon Jams on 96+. There are also additional modifiers:

- Unreliable Jams 5 easier

- Plasma "Jams" 5 easier

- Flame: When using Flame weapon, roll 1d10; on 9, it Jams. Unreliable etc. make it Jam easier (i.e. Unreliable Flame Jams on 9 and 10, Poor Quality Unreliable Flame Jams on 8,9,10 etc).

b) Weapon with 2x Unreliable (i.e. Poor-Quality Unreliable Weapon) will Jam 10 easier. It also Jams on every Missed shot.

d) Reliable weapon ignore Jams on 2+ on 1d10. Reliable and Unreliable negate each other.

e) „Jam” works different in case of grenades or missile launchers. Roll 1d10 after shooting; on 2+ it's just a dud, nothing happens. On 1, it explodes, destroying weapon and hitting user with normal Strength.

f) Thrown Weapon that does not explode just fall harmlessly on the ground.

5. Unjamming weapons.

a) Jammed weapon does not shoot this Turn and requires Unjamming.

b) There are 3 basic ways to Unjam weapon (although other special Talents exist too):

- Talent Technical Knock, as a Free Action. Can only be done once a Turn without risking wrath of the Machine Spirit.

- Tech-Use +20, Half Action. Again, can be only done once per Turn, unless you want to risk the wrath of a Machine Spirit.

- Test BS, Half Action. Can be repeated multiple times.

6. Shooting in CC.

a) Pistol can shoot in CC instead of normal Attack (or as a part of Swift Attack). It can only use Single Shot once and gains no benefits to Hit for Range (although Scatter and other such Qualities still work, and weapon counts as on Point Blank Range for those purposes). It also uses BS to hit.
When using Pistol in CC, you use your BS to hit and for special attacks like Feint. However, your attacks can be normally parried/dodged and enemy opposes Feint with his WS.
Even as a part of two-weapon Swift Attack, Pistol can only shoot once. With two pistols, each can shoot only once.

7. Corruption Points/Insanity Points.

a) Characters ignore CP/IP if they received less (before Armour of Contempt and any other Talents) than their Corruption/Insanity Bonus. This was created in order to make it possible to play as Radical without gaining 100CP immediately.

This also allows to slap 1d5 Corruption instead of 1 and 1d10 instead of 1d5 for using this obviously Chaos artifact. Also gives more randomness (summoning Deamon can grant 2 CP... or 10 CP). Also gives boost to high CP/IP Characters.
Some Corruption is "true" corruption and ignores Corruption Bonus. Some Corruption from Perils of the Warp Table (automatic 1 CP for entering it) and Corruption gained by failing Gods (BC) ignores Corruption Bonus.
By the way, Insanity 20+ allows ignoring Pinning. Insanity 80+ allows ignoring being on fire.

b) Removing IP:
- 100xp per 1 IP, also requires suitable rest/role-playing.
c) Removing Corruption can only be done if:

- During last session character did not gain any Corruption Points (even if he ignored them by CB or any other means).

- Test WP without any modifiers.

- After passing, character removes 1 CP per DoS. After failing, character removes 1 CP per DoS, but adds 1 IP instead, as he violently removes the taint by any means necessary.
- Passing Malignancy Treshold (if Character has any Malignancy there) gives -20 Penalty to the Test. Passing Mutation Threshold gives -40 Penalty and does not remove Mutation.

8. Others

a) Instant Death: If damage character receives after Armor is more than 3x his TB, Character enters Critical Damage.
For example: you are hit for 22 Damage. You ignore 5 from Armor, this leaves 17. With TB5, it means ignoring first 5 damage, than you loose Wounds equal to max 2xTB. So, you lose 10 Wounds.
Than, remaining 2 Damage enters Critical Damage. This definitely hurt!
This mechanic allows for heavy damage having some effect on the Character without neglecting Wounds completely.

b) True Grit works always the same - lower any Critical Hit (but not RF!) by your TB to a minimum of 1.
c) Criticals are separate on different body parts. This means few things;
- In long-lasting combat, people bleed, suffer, lose Half Actions, break bones, but live longer, allowing for longer and more cinematic fights.
- This also has large effect on my Medicae below.
d) You test Pinning only Once per Turn.
e) You can shoot two Pistols with Semi-Auto as Full Action. You can shoot two Pistols with Single Shot as Half Action. You cannot shoot two pistols on Full Auto.

f) Undivided in BC buy everything 50xp cheaper. If you count, Undivided Characters, no matter what you do, pay more for their build than God-Aligned characters.

g) Righteous Fury hits target with 1d5 Criticals (both humans and machines). Those Criticals do not stack with "normal" criticals (so you can't kill someone with RF only, unless you hit it million times, but it weakens enemies significantly).

h) Two-Handed weapons do not add another dice. Instead, they add +5 Damage. So Great Weapon (2d10 per Core) becomes 1d10+5.

i) Multiple attacks. There are 3 ways of making multiple attacks in CC, each with different effects:

- Swift Attack + Two-Handed Weapon. Flat 2 attacks with great damage.
- Swift Attack + Two-Weapon Wielder(using 2 weapons). Flat 3 attacks with less damage.
- Lightning Attack. One-Hand weapons only. Test WS (-10), passing means hit and +1 hit per DoS up to WS Bonus. Great risk, great reward (For WS60 it means between 0 to 5 hits, if you score Critical Success. 0 to 6 with Best Quality Weapon). All these ways are more or less balanced.

j) Damaging Armor. If you get hit and after Armor and Toughness Reduction (but before True Grit and such) you receive more Damage than the Armor value in this part of the body, reduce Armor there by 1. This can be repaired with Trade (Armorer) or Tech-Use-20 in a way like Medicae - test and if you pass, remove armor damage equal to your Intelligence Bonus +1 per DoS. If you fail to repair it (or to repair it whole), armor requires total maintenance taking at least a day per AP of hard work with special equipment.

9. Medicae

a) Write down every hit separately. So if you're hit for 3,4,2 and 6 Damage, write them down separately.
b) When Healing, you roll once per each Wound. On Success, you Heal Int Bonus +1 per DoS. On Failure, you do not heal.
c) You can only Heal this way once. After you succeed or fail, if any Damage remained, it has to be treated by Extended Care Test. Always start from the largest wound and than go to smaller.
So, if you are hit for 3,4,2 and 6 damage, and you manage to heal 3,4,2 and 4 Damage, it means that you now have 2 Wounds that you cannot Heal without Extended Care.

It has few effects on gameplay.
- First, longer mission tend to be more bloody and painful. This goes especially for Deathwatch and OW, but other systems have the same feeling as well.
- Second, this way of using Medicae allows for some kind of balance. You may heal a lot, but some wounds remain, which symbolizes that even best First Aid has it's limits.

d) Every Critical imposes a -10 Penalty on a Medicae Test. As mentioned later, I count criticals in different body parts separately, so it's possible - and happened to me few times - to have characters with 10+ criticals (for example, 2 criticals in both hands, 5 in body and 3 in head), which symbolizes wounds too complex to heal with First Aid, unless you have way more than 100 on Medicae.
e) Extended Care: You automatically heal TB Light Wounds/day, 1 Heavy Wound per day, and 1 Critical per Week. Medicae heals as usual, but can be used only once per day (Light or Heavy) or week (Critical Damage). For Extended Care, you count all Wounds together (so you can heal them all with good rolls).

10. Fatigue

a) Fatigue gives flat -10 Penalty to all Characteristics Tests no matter how much Fatigue you have.
b) If Fatigue goes over your TB, you lose consciousness.
c) If Fatigue goes over 2xTB, you get 1 Damage per Fatigue. If you are on Critical, GM applies damage on a different body parts in order to minimize further Fatigue from Critical (i.e. if you can apply it to head for "lose Half Action" and leg for "1 Fatigue", you choose head) or to avoid dying.
d) If Fatigue goes over 3x your TB, you die.

11. Daemons

a) There is a decision to make here. Daemons per fluff have Force Fields in Tabletop because of their weird nature that allows them to survive wounds that would kill any living being.
There are two ways of showing it in RPG, both are equally good:
- Every Daemon has a 30 Rating Force Field that does not Overheat (Tzeentch of course gets better Field Rating, usually 50, for being Tzeentch). This shows that their weird nature can protect them from Lascannon hit, but even low-damage Weapons can kill them if they're lucky.
- Every Daemon has upgraded Stuff of Nightmare Trait, which makes them ignore any Critical Hit that does not kill them . No "Ignore effects" - ignore it altogether, so you can't just stuck one Criticals eight times to kill them, you need to hit them so hard that they instantly die. Which means that low-damage weapons struggle to kill them, or even plain out can't do anything to them. It also has a nice side-effect of making PC's cry by ignoring effects of RF. Holy/Tainted Weapons ignore this Trait.

I chose option with Stuff of Nightmares and I'm happy with my choice, but it's a matter of personal preference.

b)
I made some standard "packages" for Deamons - it's Chaos, so you can randomize them at will, using, for example, rules from Deamon Hunter; but you have some base template, and you can use it in case of a sudden Daemonic appearance. You can also apply this package after translating from Tabletop using my rules below. They also apply to Daemon Princes.
Unnaturals from specific Gods apply again in case of Heralds (but not Daemon Princes) - for example, Herald of Nurgle has Unnatural Toughness +20 and x4 - +10 from being a Daemon of Nurgle, +10 for being a Herald of Nurgle, Daemonic Toughness, Nurgle UT from being a daemon of Nurgle and again Nurgle UT from being a Herald.

Every Daemon of Nurgle has +10 Toughness, True Grit and Unnatural Toughness x2 (on top of Daemonic TBx2, so normal Daemons have TBx3).
Every Daemon of Khorne has+10 Strength, Swift Attack, Lightning Attack, and Unnatural Strength x2 (on top of Daemonic SBx2, so normal Daemons have SBx3 ).
Every Daemon of Tzeentch has +10 Willpower, Unnatural Willpower x2, at least Psy Rating 1, and Field Rating of 35 (or 50, if it already had Field Rating).
Every Daemon of Slaanesh gains +10 Agility and Fellowship, Unnatural Agility x2 and Unnatural Fellowship x2, Heightened Senses (all), Step Aside, Sprint, Hard Target and Assasin Strike.
Note: Slaaneshi have 2 Unnaturals because they got weaker Unnaturals - Unnatural Strength and Toughness are crazy strong, Unnatural Willpower gives bonuses to Psychic Power and gives +1 Psy Rating, and Unnatural Agility only gives +1 Degree on Tests, since it doesn't affect Movement.

Marks of Chaos are given to mortals, so they have lesser effects (altough Daemon Princes and others after 100 Infamy get the full benefits above!):

- Mark of Nurgle: Unnatural Toughness +2, True Grit. NPCs also gain +10 Toughness.
- Mark of Khorne: Unnatural Strength +2, Brutal Charge, Swift Attack. NPCs also gain +10 Strength.
- Mark of Tzeentch: Psy Rating 2 or +1 to Psy Rating if character already has it, Unnatural Willpower +2, either Stuff of Nightmares or Force Field (depending on interpretation of Daemonic rules). NPC's also gain +10 Willpower.
- Mark of Slaanesh: Unnatural Agility +2, Unnatural Fellowship +2, Heightened Senses (all), Step Aside. NPC's also gain +10 Agility or +10 Fellowship.
- Mark of Chaos Undivided: Unnatural Infamy +2. For Daemon Princes, this increases to Unnatural Infamy x2. Yes, this works for their Infamy Points as normal.

Note: with these rules, Stuff of Nightmares+True Grit makes characters nearly unkillable. If you are using these rules, you may want to ban this combination - either you have weird physiology, or you have extremely tough physiology, not both at once! Daemons of Nurgle could be an only exception, since this combination makes them as hard to kill, as they should be.
For example, normal Daemon of Nurgle with TB15 requires 15(TB) + 15(True Grit) + 7(to hit deadly Critical) = 37 damage to kill once it hits Critical Damage. Heavy Weapons or Hordes are necessary here! Or Holy/Tainted Weapons, as they ignore both Daemonic Toughness and Stuff of Nightmares.

Conversions from TT to RPG v1

These are general rules - in order to make some variations, you should modify them by 1 here and there, or change to other effect, otherwise it gets boring. For example, Ork Shoota is S/3/5 instead of S/3/- Storm. So it hits a little bit easier, but has 1 shot less if rolled maximum number of hits. So you should modify them at will. I will also try to create an example bestiary, but I'm not sure if I can make it in reasonable time, so be patient, please :) .

Weapon Strength :

- I can't think of any S1 or S2 weapon right now, so I'll leave them. But I think it would be 1d5 and 1d10 accordingly.
- S3 = 1d10+2(Civilian pistol) to 1d10+5(Hand cannon/heavy stubber)
- S4 = 1d10+8(Ork Weapons) to 1d10+9(Bolters).
- S5 = 1d10+12 (Heavy Bolter, Tau Burst Cannon)
- S6 = 2d10+8 (Multilaser, Tau Plasma, Krak Grenade)
- S7 = 3d10+7 (Autocannon, Tau Missile Pod)
- S8 = 4d10+10 (Melta, Krak Missile)
- S9 = 5d10+20 (Lascannon)
- S10 = 6d10+30 (4E Railgun)

Things worth noticing:
First, some weapons have differences based on individual cases (Flamers have lower Damage, but they have Flame special rule; Bolters have nearly the same damage as other S4 weapons, but they have Tearing to show that they're a little bit better than standard S4, etc).
Second, damage scales up the faster, the higher it is. Difference between S3 and S4 is ~5; difference between S9 and S10 is 1d10+10. Also, there is a smaller than usual difference between S4, S5 and S6. However, I find this working surprisingly well despite that. I'm using this system in my campaign for a long time and it seems to be fine.

Weapon's Rate of Fire

Assault/Heavy 1 = S/-/-
Rapid Fire/Heavy 2 = S/3/-
Assault 2 = S/3/- Storm (or, for example, S/3/- Scatter in case of combat shotguns)
Assault/Heavy 3 = -/-/6
Assault/Heavy 4 = S/5/10
Assault/Heavy 5 = S/5/10 Storm

As most of you will immediately notice, there is small difference between 2 hits from TT and 3 hits from TT. This is... weird, but to be honest, I found it working really good - there is still a difference in firepower, and also +20 bonus instead of +10, that make it work.
As usual, there are exceptions. Autoguns and Autopistols are biggest of them, but I like them sooo much in their current version, I kept them despite everything. Be warned though, for balance reasons you should at least halve Autoguns RoF, and even better change it to Half Auto! :) .

Weapon's Armor Penetration:

AP0 = AP0
AP6 = AP2
AP5 = AP4
AP4 = AP5
AP3 = AP7
AP2 = AP10
AP1 = AP14 *
Based on my experience, boosting AP1 makes Melta weapons so deadly to vehicles that they explode almost immediately, even faster than they should by Lore.

Few points. Yes, they again scale faster the higher they go. And, also worth noticing, AP3 is slightly weaker than 3+ save, and the same goes for AP4 and 4+ save, as you'll see in a moment. This is again intentional.

Armor:

- = No Armor
6+ = 2 Armor
5+ = 4 Armor
4+ = 6 Armor
3+ = 9 Armor (SM have 8 everywhere and 10 on Body, usually, depending on what Mark is it)
2+ = 13 Armor (Artificer Armor has 10 everywhere and 12 Body, Terminator has 14 everywhere and 16 Body)

Note: Cover should be either the same as Armor value above, or, to make Cover stronger (as it should be, as adamantium walls are tougher than Power Armour, with all due respect ;) ), double this value.
Double the value also gives much more importance to cover and kind of remains like in most editions of Tabletop where Penetration coudn't penetrate Cover. I tend to work with "Cover = 2x Armor", and rulebooks/pre-made adventures seem to agree, especially Only War. But both are fine.

Creature's Strength:

- S2 = 20 Strength
- S3 = 30 Strength
- S4 = 40 Strength and Unnatural (x2) (Yes, I'm still using x2 instead of +4 most of the time, but it's not much of a difference here), effectively SB8
- S5 = 50 Strength and Unnatural (x3), effectively SB15
- S6 = 60 Strength and Unnatural (x4), effectively SB24
- S7 = 70 Strength and Unnatural (x5), effectively SB35

And so on. This way, Strength is close to Weapon Strength, although it does scale faster on higher levels (S8, S9 and S10). But there aren't too many S9 creatures out there anyway, and if your players are fighting 3E Nightbringer, they deserve some trouble. Also, damage in CC is less random compared to Ranged, which can be good or bad (less dice = more stable damage, but smaller chance for RF, balanced by higher Damage output overall).

Worth noticing: These are just a basic framework. There are exceptions. For example, in my book, Scouts have SB/TB6; Marines SB/TB8; Veterans/Terminators/Sternguard/Vanguard SB/TB10; Capitans SB/TB12. The same applies to other creatures.

I tend to use Agility work as above, however with exception of Space Marines, who do not get Unnatural Agility. I feel that they already have multiple other boosts and Unnatural is pointless, especially as it makes Combat Formation and Combat Sense totally useless. So Marines get 40 Agility, without Unnatural.

Toughness:

- T2 = 20 Toughness
- T3 = 30 Toughness
- T4 = 40 Toughness and Unnatural (x2) (Yes, I'm still using x2 instead of +4 most of the time, but it's not much of a difference here), effectively TB8
- T5 = 50 Toughness and Unnatural (x3), effectively TB15
- T6 = 60 Toughness and Unnatural (x3+2*), effectively TB20
- T7 = 70 Toughness and Unnatural (x3+4*), effectively TB25

* UPDATE: Making values bigger led to high Toughness creatures being nearly unkillable because of "TB ignores Penetration". So just effectively increase it by 5 each time after.

Again, few important points. All Space Marines have True Grit, which others usually do not - that's because I like my SM as a "special snowflake". So, that's probably going to change based on your perception of SM. Orks also have it, and Deamons of Nurgle.
Jump between T4 and T5 is bigger than between Weapon Damage S4 and S5, but it's intentional - from my experience, Heavy Bolters/Tau weaponry and such still hurt T5 creatures, it's just a little bit of boost toward T5 creatures compared to S5 weapons. Works good, so I do not want to change that.

Willpower:

- WP5= 25 Willpower
- WP6= 30 Willpower
- WP7= 35 Willpower
- WP8 = 40 Willpower
- WP9 = 45 Willpower
- WP10 = 50 Willpower

Unfortunately, it's impossible to make an automatic scale of Willpower conversion for RPG. There are too many variables. The above table should serve as default, however Psykers will be an obvious exception, having at least 10 Willpower higher than above.

Weapon Skill/Ballistic Skill:

- WS/BS1= 10 WS/BS
- WS/BS2= 20 WS/BS
- WS/BS3= 30 WS/BS
- WS/BS4= 50 WS/BS
- WS/BS5= 60 WS/BS
- WS/BS6= 70 WS/BS, Unnatural x2
- WS/BS7= 80 WS/BS, Unnatural x3
- WS/BS8= 90 WS/BS, Unnatural x4
- WS/BS9= 99 WS/BS, Unnatural x5

It's worth noting that in melee, units with BS5+ should definitely have Best Quality Weapons, giving them another +10 to WS. It's hard to make good automatic converter for WS/Bs, but above should serve as a base.

Wounds:

- 1 Wound = 10-15 Wounds. SM are again an exception, having around 20-25 Wounds
- 2 Wounds = 20-25 Wounds
- 3 Wounds = 35-40 Wound
- 4 Wounds = 50-60 Wounds
- 5 Wounds = 70-85 Wounds
- 6 Wounds = 90-110 Wounds

And few notes. Again, Wounds are scaling up faster when they go higher. This is again intentional, to make bigger monsters more capable in combat.

Vehicle Armor:

Note: Open-Topped removes 4 points of Armor and allows Flame wepons or Called Shots to hit passangers.

- AV10 = 20 Armor (can be hurt by Bolters, but not too easy), 20 Structural Integrity
- AV11 = 24 Armor (can be hurt by Heavy Bolters and Tau Burt Cannons), 30 Structural Integrity
- AV12 = 30 Armor (can be hurt by Multi-Laser), 40 Structural Integrity
- AV13 = 36 Armor (can be hurt by Krak Missile), 50 Structural Integrity
- AV14 = 42 Armor (can be hurt by Lascannons), 60 Structural Integrity

Note: This does not take Super-Heavy into concern. Super-Heavy Vehicles add +8 Armor everywhere and double their Structural Integrity. This also appliers to indestructible Land Riders.
W hen shooting, you use higher Structural Integrity, so vehicle with Armor 14 front, 13 on sides and 10 on the back still has 60 Structural Integrity for Armor 14, even when you shoot it at the back. In Close combat, all non-Walker vehicles are hit in their back armor, Walekrs however are always hit on the front armor.

You can use statistics and Mathammer to make more calculations, but these vehicles suit my vision - tough, dangerous, but can be taken down in a volley of sustained fire or few lucky shots.

Edited by Alank2
Fixes and updates

Strain v1
Also known as Aquisiton by Elavion
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/user/229145-elavion/

Strain tables broke, I needed to post them again. T hank s for your patience :) . They still look weird in a few places, but I can't find a way to make them look better, no matter what I do.

Those rules are intended for systems using Influence-like systems, for example, Rogue Trader(Profit Factor), Black Crusade(Infamy) or Influence(Ascension).

Note: You cannot use Fate/Infamy Points to modify Aquisition roll - this leads to way too many abuse, trust me. You can burn Infamy to modify Commerce/Barter, as described below).
Normal ammunition availability is always 1 step lower than Weapon cost.

Strain : This represents the maximum amount of purchase your economy can take safely. Strain of any invention can be reduced by burning Profit Factor/Infamy (10 per PF burned). The total Strain cannot be higher than three times your profit factor. If you overdo it, you have to either burn PF to get it back in check or roll upkeep on 1 investition per point of overstrain; GM decides what investments are affected, should usually be the most expensive in upkeeping ones like supplies). Strain refreshes to 0 every cycle (90 days). Overstrain of 10 or more forces burning of PF at a 1,5:1 PF to strain ratio until the overstrain is lower than 10.

Strain can be ending with .5 or with .0, round up to those values.

Aviablity modifiers
Aviablity Modifier Strain Example

Ubiquitous +70 0.5 ration pack

Abundant +60 0.5 Knife

Plentiful +40 1 Void Suit

Common +20 1 Lasgun
Average +0 2 Micro-bead

Scarce -10 3 Demolition Charge

Rare -20 4 Krak Grenade

Very Rare -30 6 Heavy Bolter
Extremely Rare* -40 9 Plasmagun
Near Unique** -50 14 Fusion pistol
Unique*** -60 21 Terminator Armor

*/**/***: To make such items less available and to add more 'epic' feel for them, I also added some non-strain cost; you need to burn 1d5/1d10/2d10 Influence/Infamy/PF to buy these items. Since I like my penalties harsh, I make my player pay even if they fail to buy it, but you may find it a little bit cruel ;) . On the other hand, difference between my Rare Hellgun and Extremely Rare plasmagun is much bigger than in FFG's version, so it's your choice.
And you may only buy these items 1 at the time and you do not get bonuses for buying 1 item.

Scale modifiers

Scale Modifier Strain Explanation

single +30 x1 1 item

few +20 x2 3 items

several +10 x3 10 items

Multiple +0 x5 50 items

A lot -10 x8 500 items

A whole lot -20 x11 2 000 items

HOW much?! -30 x15 10 000 items

small supply** -15 x3 5 items per cycle (90 days)

Limited supply** -30 x8 250 items per cycle (90 days)

Supply** -50 x15 5 000 items per cycle (90 days)

**- requires allocation of PF equal to 10% of total strain (rounding up). This PF counts as burned but can be restored by cancelling supply contract. This PF is taken from the one allocated to strain (so you don't burn PF on top of strain).

Quality modifiers

Quality Modifier Strain Explanation

spare parts +20 x0.5 not an actual item, provides a +20 bonus on attempts to fix the appropriate item

poor +10 x0.5 poor quality item

common +0 x1 common quality item

good -10 x2 good quality item

best -30 x3 best quality item

Location of acquirement

Location Modifier

Planet of Production +10

Planet storing the sought item +0

Planed where item is found exotic -10

Planet of lower tech tier -30

Planet that never heard of something like it impossible

Item type modifiers

type modifier strain example

one-use +10 x0.5 Exterminator Cardridge, ammo, grenades

multi-use +0 x1 Normal weapons, armor, gear

standarised set -10 x1.5 Guardsmen (soldier and his gear), Leman Russ Punisher (base vehicle, weaponry, commsetc)

Time spent (50% to find, the next 50% is until the cargo arrives)

Total modifier time spent

+60 or higher 1 hour

+40 to +59 1d5 hours

+10 to +39 1 day

-10 to +9 1d5 days

-30 to -11 1 week

-60 to -31 1d5 weeks

-100 to -61 1 month

-101 or lower 1d5 months

Locations

Planet of Production x0.5

Planet storing the sought item x1

Planed where item is found exotic x1.5

Planet of lower tech tier x d5

Planet that never heard of something like it impossible

Renting/Hiring

Any non-one-use items with aviablity of Scarce or higher can be rented for a period of up to 1 cycle (you can keep re-hiring them without the need for aviablity rolls, but they still put a strain on your budget; rended/hired goods are NOT immune to upkeep tests, however). Strain generated by rented goods is halved, but if you lose them (ie. they are destroyed by exterminatus) it is instead multiplied by 1.5 (which could potentially lead to overstrain)

Luxrous goods

Some specific goods (determined by GM), such as luxrous mansions located on garden worlds, are very easy to find, but are still quite expensive. They apply a +30 modifier to aquisition rolls, but have a x3 Strain modifier.

Spaceship Components

Spaceship components, due to their immense size and value, impose a -30 modifier to acquisition rolls. Their strain cost is 10 by default and an additional +5 for each point of Ship Point cost associated with the component.

Vehicles
Vehicles impose additional -10 penalty to acquisition roils.

Selling

Goods that are at least very rare can be sold to reduce strain on your budget- for each such item sold, the strain on your budget is reduced by percentage of strain that purchasing such an item would cause (rounding down). Note that such goods can quite often be hard to sell- The maximum amount of items sold on a planet is equal to third of it's size (rounded down) (If you do not have access to rulebook with planet sizes, just make it 3 max on every civilized world and 1-2 on primitive or less populated).

Location Strain reduction: First Second Third item sold

Production 10% 10% 5%

Storing 20% 20% 10%

exotic 50% 40% 30%

lower tech tier 40% 30% 25%

never heard 30% 20% 10%

Degrees of success in aquisition tests

Degrees can be "spent" to gain the following benefits:

-Upgrade quality by 1 (common to good, good to best etc.)- 3 DoS

-Upgrade quality by 2 (common to best)- 5 DoS

-Upgrade quality by 3 (poor to best)- 9 DoS

-increase quantity acquired- +50% per DoS

-purchase with upgrade- 2 DoS +2 DoS for each level of difference between the item's and the upgrade's quality if upgrade is less common

-Reduce strain by half- 8 DoS

-reduce time spent by 20/40/60/80%- 1/2/3/4 DoS

Modifying with Barter

A victory in opposed Barter test provides a +10 bonus to aquisition roll. A critical success provides a +20 bonus or reduce the investment's strain by 50%. Barter modifiers from anything else than skill advancements are capped at +20 (to prevent the "everybody rolls at 120" trend). This roll can only be modified or rerolled by burning 1 profit factor/infamy to add 1 DoS or re-roll, not Fate points.

Commerce

Commerce can be used to micromanage resources so that the economy can take more (by offering direct goods trade, managing loans etc.). A successful Commerce test allows you to treat your profit factor as 10% (+5% per DoS, capped at +25%) higher for the purpose of resolving maximum strain, while a critical failure in a Commerce check means that you can take only 75% of the normal strain. This roll can only be modified or rerolled by burning 1 profit factor/infamy to add 1 DoS or re-roll, not Fate points. Modifiers from anything else than skill advancements and PF are capped at +20 (to prevent the "everybody rolls at 120" trend)

Peer/Good Reputation

Peer provides a +10 bonus to aquisition tests from that group and reduces the cost of strain reduction to 6 DoS. Good reputation lowers availability of an item by 1 (for example, Very Rare to Rare).

Examples

1 Very Rare Heavy Bolter

Aquisition roll: +0 Strain: 6

PF 15: 15%

PF 45: 45%

PF100: 100%

PF 150: 100%

50 lasguns

Aquisition roll: +20 Strain: 5

PF 15: 35%

PF 45: 65%

PF 100: 100%

Limited Supply of Krak grenades

Aquisition roll: -50 Strain: 16, locks 2 PF

PF 15: 0%

PF 45: 0%

PF100: 50%

10 000 Arvus Ligthers

Aquisition roll: -40 Strain: 30

PF 45: 5%

PF100: 60%

Supply of best quality extermintor cardridges

Aquisition roll: -30 Strain: 15, locks 2 PF

PF 45: 15%

PF100: 70%

Balancing Alternative Ranks v1

As you probably already noticed, there are some balance issues with alternative ranks. Leaving alone Crimson Guard and other ranks with more or less obvious problems, having an Alternate Rank is either always better than not having it, or a pain for GM.
When you take Alternate Creeer, you have 2 options;
- Follow rulebook and buy things from your normal Rank for 50xp more. This is problematic, because a) 50xp is really cheap, and b) you have access to 2x more Talents and Skills to buy... and you do not pay more for those extra Talents.
- Also follow the rulebook and have GM arbitrary decide what you can and what you cannot buy. So, basically, you put all work on your poor GM. Poor creature. Also, it's really hard for GM to balance in in a way that would not make player too strong or too weak for taking Alternate Career.

I tested one solution for some time and it seems to work. My rule is: you can buy all things from your former rank... for 3x their original price. So more expensive Talents are actually more expensive, but buying cheap things like Awareness or Drive is possible without costing an arm and a leg.
On the other hand, you do not get too strong. Let's be honest, some Alternate Ranks are waaay better than normal Ranks.

On an unrelated note, with this rule, I allowed my DH players to take RT alternate careers and vice verse. Some RT ranks are really good, and they usually require 7-10 000 xp, so players won't take them too early; they are also expensive. But on Ascension, some ranks are perfect (Legend of the Expense, I mean Legend of the Sector? Yes please). Of course, some are logically not possible or just do not fit, but some are really cool.
And DH ranks are really good for RT characters, as they usually have more Skills and Talents. They are also cheap... although buying things from RT career for 3x price hurts, so there is surprising amount of balance.

Also, one important note - some Ranks are so powerful, I made them a Career on their own. For example, Calix Templar has both PR3 AND PR4, while other Psyker Careers have to wait for a PR4 for a while. And the same way, Crimson Guard is too powerful for 1 rank. The applies to Mechanicus Secutor.
So, I made them a Career in way described below:

- Templar Calix. Having Dodge +20, Lighting Attack, Wall of Steel and Step Aside on Rank 4... wow. And Force Weapon, so you can 1-hit everything, and ignore Daemonic Unnatural Toughness. Also, it has enough things on the rank to get to Ascension and still not buy everything, if he/she buys some WS advances. So, let's make it a Career on it's own!

- Ranks 1-3 are as usual.
- If Psyker chooses Calix Templar instead of other 2 Psyker trees, he/she has to do it on entering Rank 4.
- Psyker loses all "normal" ranks from 4 onwards. So he's stuck with Calix Templar. On the upside, he gets awesome Rank names ;) .
- On a more serious note, he's stuck with PR4 untli Ascension, and with few Psychic Powers. But he has Lighting Attack, Step Aside, Wall of Steel, cheap WS and Force Weapon. Also, on Ascension, Psykers's WS and INT are swapped like in Calix Templar class description.
- Also, since she's from Temple of Force Weapon Specialists, psyker's weapon is Best Quality, not Good. It is also Customized (+5 WS if Psyker ues it, and -5 for everyone else using it) and can be any weapon Psyker wants (Sword? Axe? Hammer? Two-handed hammer? Flail? By the way, Flail sound sooo cool...).
- As bonus, on each Rank from 4 onwards he can buy additional Sound Constitution (for 100xp on rank 4, 200xp on rank 5, 300xp on Rank 6 etc).

- Mechanicus Secutor.

- Ranks 1-3 are as usual.
- If Tech-Priest chooses Mechanius Sectur instead of other Tech-Priest trees, he/she has to do it on entering Rank 4.
- Tech-Priest loses all "normal" ranks from 4 onwards. So he's stuck with Mechanicus Secutor. On the upside, he gets awesome Rank names ;) .

- On a more serious note. Mechanicus Secutor can buy The Flesh is Weak (Machine Trait, which basically gives +1 Armor everywhere and allows healing via Tech-Use instead of Medicae, but gives -10 on Medicae Tests) on Ranks 4,6 and 8, for 100, 200 and 300 xp.
- Also, on each Rank from 4 onwards he can buy additional Sound Constitution (for 100xp on rank 4, 200xp on rank 5, 300xp on Rank 6 etc).

- Crimson Guard. Bascially Guardsman with Tech-Priest abilities. Scary. Too good for a Rank... but great for a Class!

- You do not have access to any other Ranks but Crimson Guard.
- However, on each Rank you can choose one thing (Skill or Talent) from standard Guarsman Rank and buy it as normal. You can choose second one, but it will cost 3x more.
- When you reach the point when you can choose one of 3 Guardsman classes, on each Rank you can choose on thing as normal and one for 3x the prices from every class. So, on Rank 3, you can take 1 thing from Armsman for normal price and one for 3x the price. But on Rank 6, you can take 1 thing normally and 1 for 3x price from EACH of the 3 ranks (Assault Veteran, Lieutenant, Scout). It may seem too much, but at this level Crimson Guard is no longer as OP as in the beginning.

- Also, on each Rank from 1 onwards he can buy additional Sound Constitution (for 100xp on rank 1, 200xp on rank 2, 300xp on Rank 3 etc).

Balancing Dark Heresy 1.0 Psykers v1

There are some... small problems with balance regarding to Psykers. Most of Phenomena are harmless, with Favoured by the Warp it's extremely hard to have Perils, and with good Willpower and Power Well you can pass most Focus Tests with 1 die, giving you extremely small chance for Perils. And more then half of the Perils isn't that bad, of course depending on situation, they can hurt. And even if you roll Possesion, with Resist Possesion and Fate Pints and sky-high Willpower you will probably pass this Opposed Willpower without much trouble. Also, some powers are too weak, others too strong, and Ascended psykers destroy Titans and fortified cities.

So, i decided to make some fixes. Tested with few players for a long time, it seems to work.

1. All psykers in DH/Ascension use their powers in a way depicted below:
- You can use either Unafattered (choose how high Psy Ratign you are using, from 1 to you maximum PR) of Push (Add +1/+2/+3 Psy Rating above your maximum; however, you have 1 additional Phenomena with +5/10/15 modifier, in addition to all normal Phenomena). No fettered!
- Invocation takes Half Action and gives you 1 additional Psy Rating for the next Psychic Power you use this Turn, if you pass. If you fail, you have 1 less Psy Rating when you use your next Psychic Power this turn.
- For each 9 you roll, you roll once on Psychic Phenomena table.
- Nothing aside from Favoured by the Warp can positively affect your Phenomena table. Nothing can affect your Perils table in any way.
- You do NOT add your Willpower Bonus to roll.

- You can use 1 Ascended Power/Turn, but you can use unlimited amount of normal Psychic Powers per Turn. As long as you have Actions left, that is, of power is a free Action.
- Sustaining Psychic Powers lowers you Psy Rating by 1 when you sustain them. If your Psy Rating falls to 0, all powers cease to work. Sustaining is a Free Action. Powers are not cumulative.

Effectively, Powers are harder to cast, there are more Phenomena rolls, Invocation is powerful but more risky, Pushing is always fun. Also, Power Well and Discipline Focus are now way better than before. I also boosted some powers, so they are now high risk/high reward-type abilities.

2. Personally, I suggest using Black Crusade Phenomena and Perils. They are better balanced and more interesting. It's not necessary, DH Phenomena are fine, but BC is just better in this regard.

3. General fix to ALL psychic Powers: Powers should usually deal Damage equal to Psy Rating or Willpower Bonus (always choosing the higher one) instead of fixed one (for example, Firestorm becomes 1d10+PR/WPB instead of +5). This gives Psykers some feeling of getting stronger, and also promotes Pushing and using Invocation for some really strong powers. This is general rule - there are obviously exceptions.

4. Below are some fixes to specific Psychic Powers. Some were too weak/too strong, and they needed fix. Also, use Errata, it saves you a lot of trouble in regard to balancing minor Psychic Powers.

Minor:

- Lucky: EXTERMINATE. Seriously, possibility of re-rolling your Phenomena means that you are basically never going to have Perils. Of better, re-roll Perils table, or re-roll 9'. I would either ban it, or say that you cannot re-roll 9' on you Focus test or Phenomena of Perils table. For more than a year, we played with Lucky and it was a disaster - Psyker player basically did not care about rolling 9 or having Phenomena/Perils. It's a great power in regard to fluff, but if you really want it, better use Only War version from Divination - it's much more balanced.
- Weapon Jinx: Choose 1 weapon in range, it Jams. Remember - in case of grenades/rockets, it goes as usual (1d10, on 1 BOOM, on 2-10 Dud nothing happens when you shoot it), it's not "instant explosion of death". Overbleed increases Range and allows Jamming more weapons per each 10. That's it. Ruining all devices within 50 meters is horrible and can turn assault on heavily-fortified Heretek bunker into a cakewalk.

Biomancy:
All Biomancy powers can use Toughness Bonus (or maybe Strength Bonus? Muscle Wizard, anyone?) instead of Psy Rating/Wllpower Bonus when dealing damage. Can, not must.

- Blood Boil: Considering that it basically ignores armor and Wounds, and that with some luck you can easily make Marine lose consciousness in 2 Rounds (!), it's wayy to strong. On the other hands, with Treshold 19, it should be powerful. I would change so that's it's not Sustained, and deal damage from fatigue as normal (by "normal" I mean as in my general rules in 1st post above ;) ). It's still really strong, but at least Marines and such won't fall down as easy. Besides, clever characters (or Marines) are going to pump themselves with Stimm to get these few bonus Rounds before Fatigue kills them ;) . Also useless on everything with Stuff of Nightmares, including Daemons.
- Constrict: Suffocating is way too strong, considering that with Treshold 13 you can make target lose their Action ("Target must take a Full Action...) again and again, until they suffocate to death. I would either change it to "(...)must use Reaction to...", or throw this power out of the window. In Hive Spire.
- Hammerhand: In CC, you deal 2d10 +2xWP Bonus Damage. (Basically, Power Fist, but based on Willpower). However, it lowers your Initiative by 4.

Divination:

- Divine Shot: You can use Single, Semi and Full Auto. You automatically hit the target (basically count it as rolling 01). Target can still Dodge, Force Fields apply as usual.

Pyromancy:
All Pyromancy powers have Flame special rule.

- Burning Fist: As written, but 1d10 + either PR, or WPB, depending on what's higher.

Telekinesis:

- Telekinetic Shield is weak. I would either make it give 2 AP, or make it sustainable and cumulative. Actually, making it the only cumulative power sounds awesome, but I think 2 AP is more balanced.

Telepathy:

- Compel. Those playing Deathwatch already know that, but this power is really bad for enemies. And players, if they are it's target.
With 2 Half actions, you can take control of 2 people - and, for example, tell them to fire their weapon pint-blank into their unsuspecting allies' back, dealing full damage. Also no Dodge, he did not see that coming in any way. Also, at least 2 people are dead (more if Flamers/Grenades/Full-Auto Weapons are in use), and 2 other people wasted their Actions. Fortunately, unlike in DW, there is no Fettered here. Still, this power is waay too good. I would ditch it out of the window. If players oppose, make any villian use it on Psyker's allies to make them shoot him in the back. Trust me, we tried to balance it for a year and we all decided to kill it with fire before it lays more eggs.

Powers from other rulebooks:
Forget about them? There is so much about balancing them, my head still hurts. Trust me. Some are cool, but I do not think they are worth the time and headache. Ouch.
Aside from Molten Man, it's stupid, funny, crazy, sometimes overpowered and sometimes useless power.

Sorcery:
Using Sorcery is fun! Now, for every Minor Arcana, player gains 1 Corruption Point, for Greater Arcana, 2 Corruption Points. Hope you have Corruption Bonus 2 or higher! Also, forget about lowering your Corruption when using Sorcery :) .
Also, Sorcery gives +20 to all Phenomena, including those from Pushing. Yey!
And, when using Sorcery, you can use Sorcery-way of Pushing; Push from +1 to +5... but you then have bonus Phenomena roll with modifier from +10 to +50. Hurray!

Edited by Alank2

Unified Weapon Statistics 1.2

Before you start reading this, I'd like to point out that in my view of 40k, bolt/plasma/melta weapons are very hard to find and very powerful. So instead of Bolters having 1d10+5, Pen 4 Tearing and being available for any important character, they are 1d10+9, Pen 4 Tearing and really hard to obtain. If you know the Eisenhorn trilogy by Dan Abnett, you probably remember that bolt weaponry was extremely hard to get by, plasma and melta were basically ancient relics, and even Inquisitors with all their power had to work really hard for a plasma pistol or such. Of course, it's all a matter of point of view, and other may want to nerf Bolt weaponry and make them more available.
So, in my book, Plasma guns are Extremely Rare and you can't buy them without some Good Reputation with Mechanicus or other group that can supply you with it. Fusion Pistols are even harder to get. Again, this is just my personal preference.
For the same reason, my Marines Bolters and Human Bolters have the same Damage and Pen. While it may look illogical (or stupid, humans using weapons designed for 3m tall monsters in powered armors...) i just like it that way. Feel free to change it in any way you like.

For the ease of use, I also put there the short summary of the Availability of more interesting stuff, as per Acquisition by Elavion:

Very Rare+ (you only pay 1 Profit factor, and still counts as Very Rare) - Multi-Melta, Plasma Cannon (it's easier to make them large and unwieldy; harder to make them small and light), Bolters and Bolt Pistol (they are really widespread in universe)
Extremely Rare - Light Power Armor, Plasmagun, Meltagun, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol
Near Unique - Power Armor, Plasma Pistol, Inferno Pistol, Power Fist
Unique - Terminator Armor, Chainfist

Name Range RoF Damage Pen Mg Rld Spec Weight

Laspistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+2 E 0 30 Full Reliable 1.5kg
Lasgun 100m S/3/– 1d10+3 E 0 60 2Full Reliable 4kg
Assault Lasgun 50m S/–/5 1d10+3 E 0 120 4Full Reliable 8kg
Long-Las 150m S/– /– 1d10+4 E 1 40 2Full Reliable, Accurate 5kg

* All these weapons have Variable Settings Special Rule.
Variable Settings: When firing one of these weapons, you may choose one of 3 shooting modes:
- Standard, normal damage and Pen;
- Full power, +1 Damage; uses 2x Ammunition.
- Overload; +2 Damage, +2 Pen; uses 4x Ammunition; loses Reliable, gains Unreliable.

Usual special Ammo:
- Hot-Shot Charge Pack; One-Shot only, weapon gains +4 Pen, Tearing and Unreliable.

Revolver 30m S/–/– 1d10+3 I 0 6 Half Reliable 1kg
Autopistol 30m S/-/3* 1d10+2 I 0 18 Full 2.5kg
Hand Cannon 40m S/–/– 1d10+5 I 1 8 Half Unreliable 1kg
Autogun 100m S/2/4* 1d10+3 I 0 30 Full 3,5kg
Hunting Rifle 150m S/– /– 1d10+3 I 0 5 Full Accurate 5kg
Heavy Stubber 150m S/3/10 1d10+5 I 2 75 2Full 39 kg

*Original S/-/6 Autopistols and S/-/10 Autoguns were way unbalanced, no matter what. Especially with special ammunition.

Usual special Ammo:
- Dum-dum: Weapon gains +2 Damage, enemy Armor counts as 2x better.
- Manstopper: Weapon gains +3 Pen and -1 Damage.
- High Penetration: +1 Damage, +3 Pen; Weapon loses Reliable if it had it and gains Unreliable.
- Navy Ammunition: Halve Range, change Pen to 0, weapon gains Tearing.

Sawed-off Shotgun 10m S/–/– 1d10+4 I 0 2 Half Reliable, Scatter 1,5kg
Shotgun 30m S/–/– 1d10+4 I 0 8 Full Scatter 3,5kg
Assault Shotgun 30m S/3/– 1d10+4 I 0 18 2Full Scatter 5kg

Usual special Ammo:
- Slug: Weapon gains +2 Penetration, loses Scatter.
- Shot: Weapon gains +2 Damage; Enemy Armor counts as 2x better.
- Navy Ammunition: Halve Range, change Pen to 0, weapon gains Tearing.

Hellpistol 20m S/2/– 1d10+4 E 7 * 2 Full 4kg
Hellgun 60m S/3/– 1d10+4 E 7 * 2 Full 6kg

* Magazines are either: Small (3 shots, 0.5kg each), weapon connected to a small battery (10 shots, 2kg each) or backpack ammo (60 shots, 10kg).

Plasma Pistol 30m S/2/– 2d10+9 E 9 10 3 Full Overheat 4kg
Plasma Gun 100m S/3/– 2d10+9 E 9 20 5 Full Overheat 18kg
Plasma Cannon 150m S/–/– 2d10+9 E 9 10 7 Full Blast(3), Overheat 40kg

* Overheat: When this weapon Jams, wielder has 2 options;
- Fire the weapon. Weapon fires normally; wielder is hit in arm with normal weapon damage (with all bonuses from Overcharge and special Talents), but with Pen 0.
- Drop the weapon. Weapon misses. User is hit with normal weapon damage minus 1d10 (so standard Pistol shot becomes 1d10+9 instead of 2d10+9), but with Pen 0. Weapon’s Machine Spirit is angry and weapon cannot be picked up for number of Turns equal to Damage roll or it explodes.

** Overcharge: Weapon can be Overcharged for maximum effect. Overcharged Plasma weapon adds + 50% range, +2 Damage, +2 Penetration and another 1d10 Damage. It also gains Blast 1 (unless it already had Blast, in which case Blast radius expands by 2). Weapon gains Unreliable and uses 3x more ammo. Overcharge can be used safely only each other turn. If weapon is fired on Overcharge twice in a row, it automatically Overheats.
Overcharge increases Damage from Overheating.

*** Holy Machine Oils and Talents that usually make it harder/impossible for weapon to Jam do not work with Plasma weapons. Instead, they lower Overheat damage by 2. Talents and Holy Machine Oil are cumulative. Good quality Plasma weapons lower the Damage from Overheating by 5. Best Plasma Weapons lower Damage from Overheat by 10.

Inferno Pistol 10m S/–/– 4d10+10 E 14 3 Full Melta 3kg
Meltagun 20m S/–/– 4d10+10 E 14 5 Full Melta 15kg
Multi-melta 60m S/–/– 4d10+16 E 14 12 Full Melta, Blast (1) 40kg

* Melta: When fired at short or point blank range, these weapons halve Armor of everything they hit, including Buildings, Vehicles, Player Characters and Titans. Their Penetration is applied after halving enemy Armor.

Hand Flamer 10m S/–/– 1d10+8 E 4 2 Full Flame, Spray 3,5kg
Flamer 20m S/–/– 1d10+8 E 4 8 Full Flame, Spray 6kg
Heavy Flamer 30m S/–/– 1d10+12 I 6 12 2Full Flame, Spray 35kg

Bolt Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+9 X 4 14 Full Tearing 5.5 kg
Bolter 100m S/3/– 1d10+9 X 4 28 Full Tearing 18 kg
Storm Bolter 100m S/3/– 1d10+9 X 4 56 2Full Storm, Tearing 26 kg

Heavy Bolter 150m –/–/6 1d10+12 X 5 60 Full Tearing 68 kg
Multi-Laser 150m S/–/6 2d10+10 E 2 100 2Full Reliable 35 kg
Lascannon 250m S/–/– 5d10+10 E 10 10 2Full Reliable 35 kg
Autocannon 150m S/3/– 3d10+7 I 2 20 2Full 40 kg
Naval Shotcannon 40m S/3/– 2d10+4 I 0 24 2Full Scatter, Tearing,
Unreliable 7 kg

Ammunition:

Ammunition always weights 1/10 of weapon weight per 1 magazine, without rounding. After completing whole character’s carrying calculation, round the final result up. Avalibility of ammunition is always 1 step lower than weapon.

Backpack with Ammunition provides 300 rounds for Las weapons OR 200 for Solid Projectile and Bolt OR 60 for Flame weapons. It weights 25kg.
*The Backpack Ammo Pack/Power Pack does not have the capacity to power or carry ammo for Heavy Weapons, with the exception of Heavy Stubbers, Heavy Bolters, Naval Shotcannons and Heavy Flamers.

Other Heavy Weapons (Except Missile Launchers and other one-shot weapons) come with their own backpack ammunition (already included in the Weapon’s Weight). Backpack Magazines to such Weapons are large and bulky, and Character cannot take 2 of them in any way. They can be carried by another person, in which case their weight is equal to (Weapon’s Weight -10 kg).

Usual Grenades/ Missiles/Mines:

Name Damage Pen Spec Weight
Frag Grenade 2d10 0 Blast (3) 0.5 kg
Krak Grenade 2d10+10 5 0.5 kg

Frag Mortar Shell 1d10+8 0 Blast (5) 1 kg
Frag Missile 2d10+2 4 Blast (5) 1 kg
Krak Missile 4d10+10 7 1 kg

Anti-Infantry Mine 2d10+2 4 Blast (5) 3 kg
Anti-Vehicle Mine 4d10+10 7 3 kg

Close Combat Weapons:

Sword 1d10+SB 0 Primitive, Balanced 3kg
Axe 1d10+2+SB 0 Primitive 3kg
Hammer 1d10+4+SB 0 Primitive, Unbalanced 4kg
Maul 1d10+6+SB 0 Primitive, Unwieldy 5kg

Mono-Sword 1d10+SB 0 Balanced 3kg
Mono-Axe 1d10+2+SB 0 3kg
Pneumo- Hammer 1d10+4+SB 0 Unbalanced 4kg
Pneumo-Maul 1d10+6+SB 0 Unwieldy 5kg

Chainsword 1d10+3+SB 3 Balanced, Tearing 6kg
Chainaxe 1d10+5+SB 3 Tearing 6kg
Chainahmmer 1d10+7+SB 3 Unbalanced, Tearing 7kg
Chainmaul 1d10+9+SB 3 Unwieldy, Tearing 8kg

Power Sword 1d10+6+SB 7 Balanced, Power Field 5kg
Power Axe 1d10+8+SB 7 Power Field 5kg
Power Hammer 1d10+10+SB 7 Unbalanced, Power Field 6kg
Power Maul 1d10+12+SB 7 Unwieldy, Power Field 7kg

Upgrades/variants:

- Two-handed: Two-handed weapons require 2 hands to use and gain +5 Damage. Two-handed weapons can also be Mono/Chain/Power/Shock. Increases weapon Weight by ½. Avalibility stays the same.
- Shock: Weapon gains Shocking (1) quality. Increases weapon Weight by ½. Can only be applied to Primitive or Mono/Pneumo Weapons.

Special Close Combat weapons:

Flail 1d10-1+SB 0 Primitive, Flexible 0.5kg
Mono-Flail 1d10-1+SB 2 Flexible 0.5kg
Power Fist 2d10+5+2xSB 10 Power Field, Unwieldy 12kg
Chain Fist* 2d10+5+2xSB 20 Power Field, Unwieldy, Tearing 18kg
Thunder Hammer* 2d10+15+2xSB 10 Power Field, Unwieldy, Concussive (4) 25kg
*Halves enemy Armour like Melta

Sample Xeno weaponry:

Name Range RoF Damage Pen Clip Rld Spec
Ork Shoota: 60m S/3/5 1d10+8 I 2 30 Full Unreliable, Innacurate
Ork Slugga: 30m S/2/– 1d10+8 I 2 20 Full Unreliable, Innacurate
* Ork Weapons are not Unreliable in hands of an Ork.

Tau Plasma Rifle: 100m S/3/– 2d10+10 E 9 20 3Full Gyro-Stabilised
Tau Pulse Rifle: 100m S/3/– 1d10+12 E 4 30 2Full Gyro-Stabilised
Kroot Rifle (Ranged): 100m S/3/– 1d10+9 E 2 20 Full

Fleshborer 30m S/–/– 1d10+8 R 3 N/A — Living Ammunition, Tearing

Devourer 30m –/–/6 1d10+8 R 0 N/A — Living Ammunition, Pinning
Spinefist 30m S/3/– 1d10+3 R 2 N/A — Living Ammunition

Necron Gauss Rifle: 100m S/3/- 1d10+8 4 N/A — Gauss

Name Damage Pen Spec

Ork Choppa: 1d10+2+SB 2 Unbalanced
Ork Big Choppa*: 1d10+2+SB 2 Unbalanced, Two-Handed
Big Choppa increases wielder's Strength by +20 and grants him Unnatural Strength x3 when used ( if user already has Unnatural Strength, it gives him 2 modifiers, for example from x2 to x4). Ork Nobz use this weapon with one hand, for everyone else it is a two-handed weapon.

Kroot Rifle (Melee): 1d10+5+SB 2 Two-Handed, Balanced

Edited by Alank2

Unified Weapon Qualities v1.1

ACCURATE

Some weapons are designed with precision in mind and respond superbly in skilled hands. They grant an additional bonus of +10 to the firer’s Ballistic Skill when used with an Aim Action in addition to the bonus granted from Aiming.
When firing a single shot from a single Basic or Sniper Weapon with the Accurate quality benefiting from the Aim action, the attack gains an extra d10 of damage for every two degrees of success to a maximum of two extra d10. These extra d10s
can generate Righteous Fury.

Pistol Accurate Weapons gain an extra d10 of damage for every two degrees of success to a maximum of one extra d10.

ACCURSED

These weapons are blessed by the forces of Chaos. Any Damage inflicted by an Accursed weapon counts as Unholy Damage. Unholy Damage does not have any integral effects, but works differently against some Daemonic and Warp creatures. (and Living Saints, most likely). (Let’s not forget Avatar of Khaine) (Or Enslavers, Chaos save you)

BALANCED

Some weapons, such as swords, are designed so that the weight of the hilt balances the weight of the blade, making the weapon easier to wield. Balanced weapons grant

a +10 bonus to Weapon Skill Tests made to Parry. Even if the wielder is using multiple Balanced weapons, he only gains the bonus once.

BLAST (X)

Many missiles, grenades and some guns create an explosion when they hit their target.

When firing a Blast weapon, test BS; on a hit, shot scatters 1d10 - BS Bonus meters in a direction determined by rolling a Scattter Dice. If shot misses, it scatters 2d10-BS Bonus meters. When working out a hit from a Blast weapon anyone within the weapon’s blast radius in metres, indicated by the number in parenthesis, is also hit. Blast weapons always hit Body. Roll Damage once for each Target.

CONCUSSIVE (X)

Some weapons create a deafening blast or shock wave when they hit. When a target is struck by a Concussive weapon, he must take a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 10 times the number in parentheses (X). For example, a weapon with Concussive (2) would impose a –20 on Toughness Tests and Concussive (0) would be a Test with no penalty. If he fails, the target is Stunned for 1 Round per Degree of Failure. Additionally, if the target takes Damage greater than his Strength Bonus, he is knocked Prone.

*STUN: Stunned target loses all Reactions.

CRIPPLING (X)

Particularly cruel or deadly weapons, usually employed by the xenos enemies of the Imperium, sometimes include things like living barbs or shards that remain in their victims’ wounds, causing them immense pain and even slowly killing them. When a target suffers at least one Wound from this weapon, he counts as being “crippled” for the remainder of the encounter or until healed of all Damage. If a crippled character takes more than a Half Action on his Turn, he suffers Rending Damage equal to the number in parentheses (X) to whichever location received the original Damage. This Damage is not reduced by Armour or Toughness.

CORROSIVE

Some weapons utilise highly caustic acids which cause damage to both the wearer and their equipment. If a target is hit by an attack from a Corrosive weapon, the Armour Points of any armour worn by the target in that location are reduced by 1d10 points.
If the Armour Points of the armour are reduced below 0 or the target is not wearing any armour in that location, the excess amount of Armour Point Damage (the whole amount if the target is wearing no armour in that location) is dealt to the target. This excess Damage is not reduced by Toughness. A target’s armour can be reduced multiple times by the effects of a Corrosive weapon. The Armour Point Damage is cumulative.

DEFENSIVE

A Defensive weapon, such as a shield, is intended to be used to block attacks and is awkward when used to make attacks. Defensive weapons grant a +20 bonus to tests made when used to Parry, but impose a –10 penalty when used to make attacks.

FELLING (X)

To kill powerful foes often requires fearsome weapons or special rounds with the ability to punch through even the toughest hides. When calculating Damage from Felling weapons, reduce the target’s Unnatural Toughness Bonus by the number in parentheses (X). Felling only reduces Unnatural Toughness, not the target’s base Toughness Bonus. The reduction occurs for calculating Damage only and does not persist.

Note: In Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, weapons with Felling reduce the target’s Unnatural Toughness Multiplier by 1. For example, Unnatural Toughness (x3) becomes (x2).

FLAME

This quality works a little bit diffrently for weapons with and without the Spray quality:

-If the weapon has the Spray quality, every character that fails the agility test to avoid being hit by it by 3 degrees or more is set ablaze;

-If the weapon does not have the Spray quality, every character hit has to pass a challenging (+0) Agilty test (if the weapon hits the same target multiple times, each hit after the first imposes a -5 penality on the test) or be set ablaze.

Any character that is ablaze takes 1d10 damage ignoring armour, but not toughness bonus. If the character takes damage (if it wasn't reduced to 0 by toughness bonus), he also suffers a level of fatigue (this effect can cause a maximum of 2 fatigue levels).

Next (even if no damage is caused by the fire), the character rolls Willpower (+0), affected by all talents, traits and special rules that would affect fear(2) (The only exception is insanity-only character with 80 insanity or more can ignore this). If he fails, he immediately drops to the ground, and it cannot make any actions. Instead, it's trying to put out the fire (Agility (+0), Full action). If the character succeeds in the willpower test, he can act normally- in addition, it can try to more thoughtfully put out the fire (half action, agility (+10), can be done twice).

Note: Void-sealed armors make user immune to Fire (unless he’s swimming in lava or just standing in a middle of firestorm).

FLEXIBLE

Some weapons, such as whips, are made up from lots of loosely connected segments, such as chains or supple woven hides. These kinds of weapons lash about when used to attack, cannot be used to Parry and cannot be Parried.

FORCE

Force weapons are unique in that they only function properly when wielded by a true psyker, whose mental energies turn these ordinary looking weapons into devices of terrifying power. They can take the form of almost any normal hand weapon such as a sword, axe, halberd, or hammer, and in the hands of a non-psyker they function as such. When a psyker directs his powers through them, though, such a weapon canmultiply his strength to superhuman levels.

Force weapons have special rules when used by a psyker and otherwise count as a Best Craftsmanship Mono variant of the standard Low-Tech weapon. In the hands of a psyker, the weapon deals bonus Damage and gains bonus Penetration equal to the

psyker’s Psy Rating (so a Psy Rating 3 would grant +3 Damage and +3 Penetration) and the Damage type changes to Energy. In addition, once per turn, when a psyker Damages an opponent, he may make Focus Power Action (Opposed Willpower) as a Free Action. If he wins the Test, then for every Degree of Success, the Force weapon’s wielder deals an additional 1d10 E Damage, ignoring Armour and Toughness Bonus. Force weapons cannot be destroyed by a power weapon’s field.

GYRO-STABILISED

The weapon has a small auto-stabilisation unit that is typically built towards the end of the barrel. While not as powerful as a suspensor, the gyro-stabiliser helps keep the weapon leveled at the optimal firing angle. A Gyro-Stabilised weapon never counts its target as being farther than Long Range (normal maximum range still applies). Heavy weapons with this Quality reduce the penalty for firing without Bracing to -10.

HALLUCINOGENIC (X)

Hallucinogenic weapons use drugs or mind-altering exotic energy to disorient or disable their targets, often inducing a variety of short-lived psychological states and delusions. When a creature takes a hit from a Hallucinogenic weapon, it must make a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 10 times the number in parentheses (X) or suffer a temporary delusion and roll 1d100 on Table of Hallucinogenic Effects . Respirators and sealed armour provide a +20 bonus to this Test. Void-sealed Armor ignore Hallucinogenic. The effects last for 1 Round, plus 1 additional Round for every Degree of Failure.

HAYWIRE (X)

Haywire weapons make use of microwaves or electromagnetic radiation to destroy the inner workings of machines and tech. Everything within the field’s radius, indicated by the number in parentheses, is affected: Haywire (3) would affect an area with a three metre radius. Roll 1d10 on Table of Haywire Field Effects (adding any modifiers from the weapon) to determine the strength of the effect.
As the field slowly dissipates, the strength lessens one step in severity each Round until it becomes Insignificant (i.e., a result of Major Disruption would become Minor Disruption the following Round and then cease to have an effect the Round after that).

Additional Haywire attacks in the same area do not stack but instead create a new effect that is either ignored if lower than the current effect or replaces the old one if higher.

Note: Creatures with Implant and Tech-Priests test Willpower for each Implant(Tech-Priests roll once); if succeeded, they lower Haywire effect by 1 per DoS.

INACCURATE

Inaccurate weapons are either far too cumbersome to aim properly or lack any kind of reliable sights. No bonus is gained from the use of the Aim Action with these weapons.

INDIRECT (X)

Mortars and similar Launcher weapons are often fired in a suppression mode, where the actual enemy cannot be seen and only their rough location is known. In these cases, mortar shells and the like can be fired without any actual line of sight required.
Often such weapons are fired in conjunction with a spotter who directs fire from the weapon. Any ally with an auspex or who can see the target can assist with indirect fire.
When making any ranged attack with an Indirect weapon, the attack does not have to target a location in line of sight of the active player, but is made at a –10 penalty and requires a Hafl Action more. The active character, however, must be aware of his intended target, either by using the target’s last known position, through the use of a spotter, or through other means. The GM makes the final determination on whether or not the character is aware of his target’s location and may add penalties to this ranged attack based on how aware the character is of his target. For each hit with the ranged attack, roll a Scatter Dice. The hit instead strikes the ground at a location a number of metres away from the intended target, in the direction rolled on the Scatter Diagram , equal to 2d10 + Xd10 —to a minimum of zero. If the ranged attack fails, the shots are still fired, but miss their target. For each missed hit, roll Scatter Dice once. The hit instead strikes the ground at a location 4d10+Xd10 metres away from the intended target in the direction rolled on the Scatter Diagram .

MAXIMAL
See Plasma Rules.

MELTA

Using intense blasts of heat to excite particles and carve away armour, these weapons can slag even the hardest materials if fired from a close enough range. This weapon counts the target's armour as half when fired at short or point blank range. Weapon’s Penetration is applied after halving enemy Armor.

OVERHEATS

See Plasma Rules.

POWER FIELD

A field of power flickers around weapons with this Quality, increasing its Damage and Penetration. Such modifiers are already included in the weapon’s profile. When a character successfully uses this weapon to Parry an attack (or his own attack is parried) by a weapon without the Power Field, Force, Natural Weapon, or Warp Weapon Quality or Trait, he has a 75% chance of destroying his attacker’s weapon.

PRIMITIVE

Crude and basic in design, these kinds of weapons, while still deadly, are less effective against modern armour. All Armour Points are doubled against hits from Primitive weapons, unless the armour also has the Primitive quality. Non-Primitive armour doubles its APs before being reduced for penetration.

PROVEN (X)

Weapons with a Proven Quality always inflict massive trauma and treat any dice roll

for Damage lower than the Proven rating (as indicated by the number in parentheses) as if it were the Proven rating instead. Thus, a Proven (3) weapon would treat any die roll of 1 or 2 as a 3 for the purposes of calculating Damage.

RAZOR SHARP

Certain weapons or ammunition have the ability to slice right through armour if they hit just right. If the wielder scores three or more Degrees of Success when rolling to hit with this weapon, double this weapon’s Pen when resolving the hit. In case of Storm weapons or multiple hits, every hit beyond those three DoS has a normal Penetration.

RECHARGE

Because of the volatile nature of the weapon’s ammunition or due to the way it fires, the weapon needs time between shots to Recharge. The weapon must spend the Round after firing building up a charge and cannot be fired—in effect, the character can only fire the weapon every other Round. If user fires this weapon twice in a row, it explodes after attack, dealing standard Damage to user.

RELIABLE

Based on tried and true technology, Reliable weapons seldom fail. If a Reliable weapon Jams, roll 1d10 and only on a roll of 10 has it in fact Jammed, otherwise it just misses. Reliable weapons with the Spray Quality, or which do not make hit rolls, never jam.

SANCTIFIED

These weapons are blessed against the forces of Chaos. Any Damage inflicted by a Sanctified weapon counts as Holy Damage. Holy Damage does not have any integral effects, but works differently against some Daemonic and Warp creatures(ignores both their Daemonic Unnatural Toughness and their Stuff of Nightmares trait).

SCATTER

The standard ammunition of these weapons spreads out when

fired, hitting more of the target. If fired at a foe within Short Range, each two degrees of success the firer scores indicates another hit. Those hits are separate hits - they require separate Dodge tests to doge them, they cannot be dodged all at once like semi-auto fire. This is cumulative with any semi-auto Scatter weapons

SCHOCKING (X)

Shocking weapons can Stun their opponents with a powerful surge of energy. A target that takes at least 1 point of Damage from a Shocking weapon, after Armour and Toughness Bonus, must make a Toughness Test: he receives a +10 bonus for every Armour point he has on the location hit(Ignoring Pen of the weapon), a -10 penality for each point of damage suffered from that attack and another -10 times (X) . If he fails, he is Stunned for 1 Round +1 per DoS.

Note: If weapon does not have (X) and is instead labeled as only Shocking, it counts as Shocking (1).

SMOKE (X)

Rather than infl icting Damage, these weapons throw up dense clouds of smoke to create cover. When a hit is scored from a weapon with the Smoke Quality, it creates a smokescreen a number of metres in diameter from the point of impact equal to the number in parenthesis (X). This screen lasts for 1d10+10 Rounds, or less in adverse weather conditions.

*Smoke: Every creature in range has a -20 to all Sight-based Tests, including BS. This also applies to looking in or through the Smoke."

SNARE (X)

Weapons with this quality are designed to entangle enemies. On a successful hit, the target must make an Agility Test with modififer equal to -10 per (X) or be immobilised. An immobilised target can attempt no other actions except to try to escape the bonds.

He can attempt to burst the bonds (a Strength Test) or wriggle free (an Agility Test) in his Turn. These Tests are Half Action and have the same negative modifier as first Test. Target can make both Strength and Agility test on the same Turn, but he cannot make the same Test twice. The target is considered helpless until he escapes.

If another person uses Half Action and a right tool or weapon (i.e. knife, sword) he can cut target free with an Easy (+30) WS Test. This Test can also be repeated.
Note: If weapon does not have (X), it counts as Snare (0).

SPRAY

Spray weapons project a cone of missiles, liquid, or fire out to the range of the weapon. Unlike other weapons, Spray weapons have just one range and, when fired, hit all those in their area of effect. The wielder does not need to Test Ballistic Skill; he simply fires the weapon.

All creatures in theweapon’s path, a cone-shaped area extending in a 30-degree arc from the firer out to the weapon’s range, must make a Challenging (+0) Agility Test or be struck by the attack and take Damage normally. Cover does not protect characters from attacks made by Spray weapons unless it completely conceals them.

Because Spray weapons make no roll to hit, they are always considered to hit targets in the body. Due to their inaccurate nature, Spray Weapons cannot be used to make Called Shot or Aim Actions. Unless the weapon has the Reliable quality, before making an attack with a Spray weapon, roll a d10: on a roll of a 9 it jams and does not fire.

STORM

A weapon with the Storm Quality doubles the amount of hits inflicted on the target. For example, when firing a weapon with the Storm Quality in fully automatic mode, each degree of success will yield two additional hits (up to the weapon’s twice the weapon's firing rate). A Storm weapon uses up the amunition twice as fast, but this quality can be turned off (and on) with a successful Routine (+20) Tech use test as an extended action (5 full turns in combat). Best quality Storm weapons can turn the quality on and off as a free action without any test.

TEARING (X)

Tearing weapons are vicious devices, often using multitudes of fast-moving jagged teeth to rip into flesh and bone. These weapons roll X extra dice for damage, and the X lowest results are discarded. If there is no number in parenthesis, the weapon has Tearing (1).

TOXIC (X)

Some weapons rely on toxins and poisons to do their damage. Anyone that takes Damage from a Toxic weapon, after reduction for Armour and Toughness Bonus, must make a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 10 times the number in parentheses (X) or suffer an additional 1d10 points of Damage (of the same type as the weapon which inflicted the hit) not reduced by Armour or Toughness. For example, a weapon with Toxic (4) would impose a –40 on Toughness Tests. Some weapons or creatures may carry additional effects with their toxins or inflict more Damage as indicated in their individual descriptions. If there is no number in parenthesis, the weapon has Toxic (2).

TWIN-LINKED

A Twin-Linked weapon represents two identical weapons connected together and linked to fire at the same time, often through one pull of the trigger or push of a button. Twin-linked weapons are built this way in order to increase the chances of scoring a hit through the crude expedience of blasting more shots at the target. A weapon with the Twin-linked Quality gains a +20 to hit when fired and uses twice as much ammunition (however, magazine size stays the same). In addition, the weapon scores one additional hit if the attack roll succeeds by two or more Degrees of Success. Lastly, the weapon’s reload time is doubled.

TAINTED

These weapons are infused with the power of Chaos, and manifest the corruption in their bearer. Weapons with this Quality add their wielder’s Corruption Point Bonus (the 10s column of their Corruption Point total) to Damage dealt.

UNBALANCED

Heavy and difficult to ready after an attack, these kinds of weapons cannot be used to make Lighting Attack Actions, and impose a –10 when used to Parry.

UNRELIABLE

Certain weapons misfire more often than normal because they are badly maintained or constructed. An Unreliable weapon suffers a jam 5 easier(for example, on 91 instead of 96). In case of Spray weapons, they Jam on 9 and 10 instead of just 10.

UNSTABLE

Weapons with this quality use ammunition that is both volatile and unstable and can react unpredictably when detonated. When an Unstable weapon scores a hit, roll 1d10. On a score of 1 it inflicts only half Damage, on a score of 2–9 it deals normal Damage, and on a score of 10 it inflicts twice the normal Damage.

UNWIELDY

Huge and often top-heavy, Unwieldy weapons are too awkward to be used defensively. Unwieldy weapons cannot be used to Parry or make Lightning Attack Actions.

WARP WEAPON

Rare weapons are sometimes composed of the raw power of the Warp or crafted with foul sorcery to hold its power and make them anathema to all living things. Warp weapons ignore Armour and the AP generated from cover. All force fields (and warded armor) work normally against them.

Edited by Alank2

That's a bit amount of work. Even if I translated to DH2, I must tell you that this is impressing.

If it is of any help, I wouldn't consider great weapon and two handed weapon the same.

In one book, there even was these versions of the swords:

-Short sword (if i remember correctly): 1d10-1 balanced

-Sword 1D10 balanced

-Bastard sword 1D10+1

-Two handed sword 1D10+2 unbalanced

-The next step would be the great weapon.

I don't see the great weapon as the two-handed version of a weapon, but a gigantic and nearly unusable version of a weapon (a two meter and very broad sword, for example). A scottish claymore, for example, would rather go in the two-handed sword, while the anti-cavalry great sword (measuring up to two meters) would be great weapon in my opinion.

So if you want to do a basic damage bonus to "two-handed versions" of a weapon, just put a straigh +2 damages and gets unbalanced, while the great weapon could still be +5 as you designed it.

Because I don't see a two-handed sword going through a feudal plate armour like nothing (AP 5) because it's a two-handed sword...

But hey, that's just that I've got to say at first reading.

That's a bit amount of work. Even if I translated to DH2, I must tell you that this is impressing.

Thank! Sorry for such late reply, for some reason I did not get the notification that you commented on it. I made some grammatical fixes and added rest of the stuff, if you still want to read it ;) .

If it is of any help, I wouldn't consider great weapon and two handed weapon the same.

In one book, there even was these versions of the swords:

-Short sword (if i remember correctly): 1d10-1 balanced

-Sword 1D10 balanced

-Bastard sword 1D10+1

-Two handed sword 1D10+2 unbalanced

-The next step would be the great weapon.

I don't see the great weapon as the two-handed version of a weapon, but a gigantic and nearly unusable version of a weapon (a two meter and very broad sword, for example). A scottish claymore, for example, would rather go in the two-handed sword, while the anti-cavalry great sword (measuring up to two meters) would be great weapon in my opinion.

So if you want to do a basic damage bonus to "two-handed versions" of a weapon, just put a straigh +2 damages and gets unbalanced, while the great weapon could still be +5 as you designed it.

Because I don't see a two-handed sword going through a feudal plate armour like nothing (AP 5) because it's a two-handed sword...

But hey, that's just that I've got to say at first reading.

That's part of personal preferences, more or less. One of my players made like 6 versions of arrows one day, because he's interested in archery. You just made a great point about swords.

Every group has something they add to system. However, if we included all types of weapon, armor and ammo, it would be the biggest rulebook of all... even bigger than GURPS.

Your idea with swords is great, and I encourage anyone interested in swords to use it, but I basically uploaded our version, being the most basic. It's still waaaayy too long. But, it's open to some changes, and adding more swords, ammo or arrows, or crossbows... yeah, go along! It's great to see people adding something to this gigantic Moloch of mine ;) .

Alanverse Bestiary v1.1

Before we start - keep in mind that I made small change to combat with NPC's. No-name NPC die after getting first Critical Hit (whenever normal Critical, of from RF). Only named or important NPC (this included Ork Nobz, for example) get normal Critical Hits.
This is especially important in case of Orks - you have basically 2 variants, both balanced. Either you count their Critical Damage; in this case, you should give them Unnatural Toughness (+2) for total 6 TB; than, with their True Grit Talent, they are easier to wound, but harder to kill.
Or, as I did, give them Unnatural Toughness (x2) for total 8 TB, but count them dead once they hit Criticals (so True Grit has no effect for normal Troops). In this version, they are harder to wound, but easier to kill. I prefer this version, because it's really annoying when every single enemy you face during many mission can be easily brought to 0 wounds in 3 hits, but then requires like 5 another hits to kill him. Still, this is my personal preference, feel free to ingore it!

Another small change - True Grit. This is especially important in case of Orks and Space Marines. In my book, True Grit lower all Critical Damage (aside from Righteus Fury) by Toughness Bonus to minimum 1. This means that Marines, Orks and even tougher humans with True Grit can survive a lot, but they can get wounded. This has 3 effects;
- Players with True Grit are tougher to kill, but still can be wounded. Combined with the fact that I count Criticals on different body parts separately (as I mentioned before), this means that my PC' sometimes leave the fight with 10 or more Criticals, having 3 or 4 on different body parts. This serves as an interesting change from typical high-level play, where it's easy to die in first round of some heavy combat, and wounds are rare - you either dodge/Force Field, or die..
- Orks who get Critical Hits normally (Nobz and above) are really tough and can take a lot of punishment.
- My DW campaign is having a lot of fun actually getting wounded and surviving, and fighting with 3-4 Criticals for a long time. I like it, it feels, at least for me, more to my vision of Space Marines. Still, it's just my personal vision - do not hesitate to throw them away.

Also, one more thing - I tend to write not-important NPC's characteristics in 1-10 (basically rounding them to tens digit). This has the effect of making it waaay faster to roll them (for example, 10 Orks shooting is no more 10 rolls of 1d100 or, usually, rolling 10 times 2d10 with one being tens; now it's simple 10d10, with results being 10,20,30 etc. In this way, 1 is a Critical Succes, 10 is a Critical Failure. Weapons Jam on 10, Unreliable on 9 and 10 etc).

IMPERIAL GUARD:

Cat/Whiteshield/Conscript:

WS2 BS2 S3 T3 AG3 Per3 Int3 WP2 Fel 3

Lasgun, Flak Armor (4 All).

Guardsman:

WS3 BS3 S3 T3 AG3 Per3 Int3 WP3 Fel 3

Lasgun, Flak Armor, 2 Frag Grenades (2d10 Pen 0), knife (1d5+SB, Pen 0 Primitve).

Veteran/Platoon Command Squad:

WS3 BS4(5 with MP) S3 T3 AG3 Per3 Int3 WP3 Fel 3

Lasgun OR Assault Shotgun (S/3/-, 1d10+3 Pen 0, Scatter) - both weapons have motion predictor, giving them +1 to BS (already included), IG Flak Armor (4 All OR Karapace Armor (6 All), 2 Frag Grenades (2d10 Pen 0) and 2 Krak Grenades (2d10+8 Pen 6), mono-knife (1d5+SB, Pen 2). May also have Camo Cloaks and Snare Mines (anti-infantry mines).

Veterans come in 3 varieties:

- Grenadiers, with Carapace instead of Flaks;
- Vanguard, with Solent Move on Trained, Camo Cloaks and anti-infantry mines;
- Demolitions, where everyone has Melta Bombs and one soldier has a Demolition Charge.

Truly elite squads of Veterans sometimes mix 2 or 3 of above.

ORKS

All Orks have Traits described below:

- Furious Charge: Orks have Unnatural Strength (x2) when charging.

- Unnatural Toughness (x2) and True Grit.

- Resistance (poisons) and they re-roll failed Poison tests.
- Size: Hulking (+10 to hitting them with BS).
- Bulging Biceps, Sturdy, Iron Jaw.
- Might Makes Right; uses Strength instead of Fellowship when interacting with other Orks.
- Mob Rule; For purpose of Fear Tests, their WP is equal to number of Orks in unit; above 10 they gain Fearless.
- Ork Weapons are Unbalanced and Innacurate in hands of non-Ork user.

- Feral Orks; Orks can be met either as a planetary vermin, primitive cultures, or dangerous Waaagh! Feral Orks, left on the planet without great Warboss to lead them and unite them, count their weapons and Armor as Primitive. This rule do no apply to normal Orks, either unified by a great Warboss, or as a part of Waagh!

Ork Boyz:

WS4 BS2 S4 T4(8) AG2 Per3 Int2 WP3 Fel2, 12 Wounds, Armor 1.

Weapons:

Choppa: One-handed, 1d10+1+SB ( Total +5, or +9 when Charging), pen 2.
Slugga: One-Handed, 30m, S/2/–, 1d10+8 I , pen 2, Magazine 20, Reload Full.

Shoota: Two-handed, 60m, S/3/5, 1d10+8 I, pen 2, Magazine 30, Reload Full.

They may also carry Stikbombz - Frag Grenades, 2d10 Pen 0.

Oner per 10 Boyz can have a special weapon - Flamers, big shootas (basically heavy bolters) and Rokkit Launchas (Missile launchers with 100m Range and only Krak Missiles) - normal weapons as in Unified Weapon Statistics.

Ork Nob:

WS4 BS2 S5(10) T5(10) AG2 Per3 Int3 WP3 Fel2, 20 Wounds, Armor 2.

Weapons:
Big Choppa: One-Handed, 1d10+6+SB ( Total +16, or +21 when Charging), pen 2.

(Much rarer, apply with care and not too often): Power Klaw. As Power Fist.

Nobz may also have Big Shootas and Rokkit Launchas.

Nobz can also have Upgrades described below:

- 'Eavy Armor: Their Armor changes to 6.
- Bosspole: Kill member of the Unit to automatically pass Fear or Pinning Test.

Nobz are usually part of normal Units, but sometimes you can see Units composed of Nobz. These are truly terrifying opponents.

Unit of Nobz can have additional upgrades:

- They may exchange their normal weapons for Twin-Linked Shootas, Shootas w/one-shot Flamer of Shootas w/ one-shot Rokkit Launcher.

- Cybork Body: Nobs gain +2 TB(after Unnatural) thanks to crude bionics implanted in them. They may also have some benefits of their bionics if GM wishes.
- Ammo Runt; re-roll 1 BS Test per Encounter.

- Waagh! Banner (one per Unit); when Charging, this Unit moves additional 1d10 meters.
- Warbikes(very expansive and rare): Unit changes to Bikers. Bike rules are covered in Into the Storm; if you do not have this supplement, treat them as vehicles with 10 Armor and 20 Structural Integrity. When they are hit by an attack, roll 1d10; on 1-8 it hits vehicle, on 9-10 driver. Blast attacks hit them both. When Bike is destroyed, Nob do not gets any Damage (high Toughness Bonus saves him) and just falls painfully, but harmlessly on the ground.
*Exhaust Cloud: Because of the black smoke created by "upgraded" bikes, Biker units gain benefits of Smoke as long as they made a Move action last Round.

Stormboyz:

WS4 BS2 S4 T4(8) AG2 Per3 Int2 WP3 Fel2, 16 Wounds, Armor 2.

Weapons:

Choppa: One-handed, 1d10+1+SB ( Total +5, or +9 when Charging), pen 2.

Unit of Stormboyz can have a Stormboyz Nob (as normal but with Jump Pack). They all have Jump Packs (Unit can roll 1d10 for each member; on 1, member dies, on 1-9 he moves twice his normal Movement).

(More to come later).
(edit a years and 3 days after: Indeed, later ...)

NECRONS:

Moved to post below - there were so many Necrons in this post, it started eroding from so many Gauss weaponry...

Edited by Alank2
Necrons added.

OK, Necrons got out of hand - I needed another post for them, so... Necron Master Post is here! All Necron-related comes here.
Below are not only characteristics, but also full, made by me, rules for penetrating a sleeping Tomb World! May good use of them :).

NECRONS:

Oh boy, here comes the fun part! A quick remainder that I'm using old Necrons rules and fluff (up to 4th Edition), but the new Necrons can be easily build using my Tabletop Conversion Rules.

General Necron Rules:

- They have Stuff of Nightmares, meaning that they ignore all Critical Damage unless it kills them outright. So usually to kill them you need to remove their Wounds and then deal around 7 Criticals with one hit, depending on damage type. Crack Shot/Crippling Strike helps a lot.
Psychic Powers, Warded, Holy, Accursed, Warp and such weapons ignore this Trait.

- The have We'll Be Back Rule. If at the beggining of a Turn there is a destroyed Necron unit in 10 meters from another Necron unit, the destroyed unit rolls 1d10; on 6+, it returns back to life with it's normal Initiative, but only 1 Wound. On 1-5, Necron disappears in a flash of green, mist-like lightning. Necron Lord is the only unit that can roll even if there's no Necron unit around. Parias and Monolith, and of course C'tan, do not have We'll Be Back special rule.
Some things disable We'll be Back:
-Weapons with 10+ Penetration deal too severe damage to be repaired quickly.
- Weapons dealing too much Damage for the internal systems also count. This requires dealing a lot of Damage in one hit:
For TB8, it's 32 or more Damage in one hit, before any reduction from Armor or Toughness
For TB15, it's 62 or more Damage, as above.
For higher TB, it's impossible for Damage alone to stop We'll Be Back.
- Force/Warp/Blessed/Accursed/Tainted and similar weapons also block WBB, since it's Warp stuff and Necron technology is not compatible with Warp energy. Not at all.

- Gauss. All Necron weapons and all CC attacks have Gauss special rule. Since theyr erode everything they hit, for every natural 10 Necron unit rolls on damage it destroys 1 point of Cover; if target does not have cover, it loses 1 point of Armor. Against targets with no Armor and Cover, Gauss always deals at least 1 wound on a roll of 10, even if it would normally be unable to because of stupid-high Toughness Bonus or Stuff of Nightmares Trait.

- Silent Move and such. Necrons are enemies of all life, living blanks, holes in the Warp sucking out energy from everything. Even if they fail their Awarness Test, they still automatically detect every living creature (Servitors too, but not normal machines) in 10 meters. Lords and Wraiths detect in 30 meters, as they can sense the life they were created to purge.
Psykers are detected in range equal to their PRx10, and Daemons count as having PR10 for the prupose of this Test. Damonic Psykers add these numbers, and Greater Daemons are detected from kilometers (It's no use hiding your personal Lord of Change puppy during a Tomb World 4-star tour, you have to leave it before you enter!).
Necrons are also extremely resilient to telepathic tricks, what with being souless bodies and a black hole sucking Warp. No Telepathy can work on them. They literally have no soul&mind that can be influenced by psychic powers. And are Fearless.
And no, they cannot be re-programmed.

One more thing. Aside from Wraiths, Necrons do not use Cover unless they just happen to stand in it. They just walk forward and shoot, or stand and shoot.

And, let's go to statistics! As usual, I'm not writing down everything, only important stuff. All Damage and Characteristic modifiers, like weapon quality and upgrades are already accounted for.
Also, it's all written for my fixed weapon damage in a post above. If you are using normal weapon stats, you would need to make some tests to see how dangerous these enemies really are.

Necron Lord (Master)

WS50 BS50 S50(15) T50(15) Ag40 Per40 WP60 Wounds 30 Armor: 9 all

Weapon upgrades and quality modifiers are already included in WS/BS/Damage.

Talents: In addition to some basic Talents, like weapon training and such: Wall of Steel, Swift and Lightning Attack, Blademaster, Crushing Blow and Crippling Strike, Mighty Shot and Crack Shot, Deflect Shot, Double Team.
Skills: Awareness +20, Dodge, Parry+10.

Weapons:
Most Necron Lords use Staff of Light. 30 meters Range, S/-/6, 1d10+14 Pen 7. If enemy is on Criticals, Damage increases by 4.
In CC, they deal 1d10+24 Pen 7, with Critical bonus as above.
It can do both Swift and Lighting Attack as a one- or two-handed weapon, although when used as two-handed it cannot make Lightning Attack and gains +5 Damage.

However, some Lords use formidable scythes made of unknown materiel. They cannot shoot, bun in melee they ignore ALL armor, even warded or Daemonic, and ignore Force Fields. This also works on vehicles and buildings, the slice through the reality no matter what is sitting in a place they decided to cut.
It deals 1d10+30 Damage with every hit. It cannot do Lightning Attack, but still, if you will not Dodge, you have problems.
It's impossible to Parry this weapon; it cuts even trough Chainfists and Thunder Hammers like butter, and even Holy or Daemonic Relic Blade can only stop one hit, maybe, before shattering.
Generally speaking, only the single most important Lord on a given Tomb World/Ship could use scythe, and probably only on 1 of 3 planets.

Also, Necron Lord can take up to 3 things from the list below:

- Chronometron. All non-Necrons in 30 meters suffer from time distortion. This increases ALL Disengeage Actions by Half Action (so Full Action Disengeage becomes 1 and a half, Acrobatics increases from Half to Full, and Assassin Strike (and DW Squad Modes that allow Disengeade as Free Action/Reaction) now needs to use a Half Action to work. This effect is passive and always works.
- Phylactery, a swarm of nano-bots and Scarabs. Necron Lord can always roll for WBB, returns to life on 3+ instead of 5+, and when he returns to life he regains all Wounds and cures all Damage, Critical Effects and all effects like Stun, Snare, Crippling.
- Resurrection Orb. All Necrons in 30 meters can WBB no matter what, and may re-roll failed WBB rolls. Necron Lord also benefits from that, it's cumulative with Phylactery. Also a passive effect.
Necron Lord can also use the Orb as a Full Action at the beginning of a Turn; Orb disappears as it's energy is 100% used, but all Necrons in 100 meters automatically pass WBB this Turn.

- Veil of Darkness. Once per session, Necron Lord can teleport himself + any 1 squad to any place within Tomb World. Outisde of Tomb World it allows teleport up to 100 meters. Teleport is done at the beginning of his Turn and costs him Full Action, but units teleported with him do not lose any Actions.
- Lighting Field. Each time Lord is hit, he stores small part of this attack's Strength. At any moment, he can unleash it. It's an explosion focused on Necron Lord that does not hurt Necrons. This is a free action or Reaction, an attack that deals Xd10 Damage for every hit Necron Lord suffered, with Blast equal to X and Penetration 0. X is equal to number of hits Necron Lords suffered in this combat. Dying, even when using We'll Be Back, resets this number to 0. No matter what, X cannot exceed 6.
- Phase Shifter. Works as a Force Field with Rating 50 and no Overload, however it is rolls BEFORE Dodging and Parrying, since some attacks just fly through the Lord.
- Destroyer Body. Necron Lord is mounted on a Destroyer. This increases his Toughness to 6(20) and doubles his movement.

- Solar Pulse. Once per combat, Necron Lord creates a blinding, unnatural light, that seems to only deepen the darkness around. All enemies have to pass Hard (-20) Agility Test or are Blinded, with normal equipment modifiers. Even if they pass, the Solar Pulse is so powerful that they suffer -10 to BS until the beginning of the Lord's next Turn.
- Nightmare Shroud: Once per Combat, Reality warps around Necron armies, giving Lord Fear (3).

Alone Lord is a dangerous enemy, but surrounded by other Necrons he is extremely dangerous.
Lord teleporting with 3 Wraiths will ruin the day of any enemy quickly, especially if he takes Destroyer Body for more resistance and Orb to make Wraith WBB. With 3 Heavy Destroyers and Destroyer Body, Phylactery + Orb this basically makes for a nearly-indestructible firing position with a LOT of firepower available that will require either prolonged firefight, applying heavy weaponry in high numbers or closing under deadly fire.
Lord with 20 Warriors is the best stall there can be. With Phylactery and Orb, it's nearly impossible to kill and this unit shoots quite impressive amount of shots.
However, GM's must be careful not to make the fight too long. Necrons have a theme of "you can't kill us", but it can also make fights too long. While it's very in-game typical for Necrons, remember it when planning missions.

Fiu, that was looong! Let's go to other units.

Wraith (Elite)

WS50 BS0 S60(24) T40(8) AG60(24) Per40 Wounds 12 Armor 0 all

Special: Phase Shift. Every time Wraith is hit, roll 1d100; on a 1-65 hit passes through as he shifts to a different plane and dimension. On 66-100 it hits. After that, Wraith can still Dodge.
They can also Phase through every non-warded area (although Psychic and Void Shields defenses work as usual). In this state, all attacks pass through them as they are in a different dimension; however, at the end of their Turn they have to re-materialize. If they re-materialize in a solid area, they can try to Dodge to an empty space nearby; if they cannot or fail Dodge, they are destroyed.
However, in order to Phase, they have 0 Armor, making them an easily prey to a lot of hits, low-pen weapons.

Talents: Step Aside, Swift Attack, Lightning Attack, all two-weapon wielder talents, Crushing Blow and Criplling Strike, Preternatural Speed, Sprint, Rapid Reaction, Double Team.
Skills: Awarness +20, dodge +20, Acrobatics +20, Parry.

Weapons: Usually attacks with it's claws. Wraith Claws are not too strong in themselves, but they are very sturdy and are not destroyed when Parried by a Power Weapon. And Wraith's strength makes up for that.
Claws deal total of 1d10 + 26 Pen 2 Damage. If target reaches Critical Damage, it's increased by additional 4 Damage.

Scary, right? Wraiths usually exist in a squads of 1 to 3, and attack enemy commanders, heavy weapons squads, vehicles (especially artillery) and such. They are usually the greatest threat to DW Kill-Teams, since they have 90% chance on dodge and can dodge 2 attacks in a Turn. Of course, they are basically made of paper with no Armor, so it they are hit, they die, but combining Phase Shift with dodge is painful. Be extremely careful - 1v1 Wraith is a challenge to a Rank 3 DW Marine! 1 Wraith is a challenge for a whole Acolyte Cell easily. Wraiths do not charge blindly, remember! They have enough Charge Range to make it into CC easily.

Immortals (Elite)

WS40 BS50 S50(15) T50(15) Ag20 Per30 Wounds 12 Armor 9 all

Talents: Mighty Shot, Crack Shot.
Skills: Dodge, Parry.

Weapons: Gauss Blaster, 150m, -/-/6, 1d10+14 Pen 5. If enemy is on Criticals, ir deals additional 4 Damage.
CC: It just hits with the rifle, Unbalanced and Unwieldy. Still, it's 1d10+15 Pen 2, not Primitive, so it can hurt.

Immortals are around half as tough and similarly shooty as Devastator with Heavy Bolter. 1v1 it loses against SM Devastator, even if we count WBB, but a squad of them is very dangerous to low-renown DW group without some Plasma weaponry (although Kraken ammo makes it easier). Higher Renown DW groups need to be outnumbered at least 2-1, and usually 3-1, to make Immortals a threat. Even 1 Immortal will slaughter your typical DH party if they do not use cover and tactics. BC, it depends on soo many things, it's impossible to say (depends on Toughness they have, Wounds, psykers, armor, Daemonic stuff etc).
Immortals move in squads of 5 to 10.

Warriors (Elite)

WS40 BS40 S40(8) T40(8) Ag20 Per30 Wounds 12 Armor 9 all

Talents: Nothing worth mentioning.

Weapons: Gauss Flayer, 100m, S/3/-, 1d10+8 Pen 4.
CC: It just hits with the rifle, Unbalanced and Unwieldy. Still, it's 1d10+8 Pen 2, not Primitive, so it can hurt a little.

OK, Warriors. Base Necron unit. They move in squads of 10 to 20. In a danger scale, I would consider 1 warrior equal to 2 Ork Boyz but shooting (they are better at shooting than Ork Shootas, but lack special weapons). Reducing Armor hurts all heavily-armed opponents and vehicles, also fortifications. 2 squads of 20 Warriors and 1 squad of 10 Immortals can easily reduce nearly any fortification to dust. 1 Necron Warrior is a big threat but manageable to an Acolyte Cell of at least Rank 4 with some normal weaponry, and basically 3 Necron Warriors are a threat to a single Space Marine. However, it's important to note that 20+ renown Kill-Teams with Plasma weapons can take at least 5 Warriors per Astarte, and 40+ usually have Barrage Plasma Guns and such and require 7-8 Warriors per Astarte to be a threat.

Flayed Ones (Elite)

WS50 BS0 S40(8) T40(8) Ag40 Per30 Wounds 12 Armor 9 all

Talents: Swift, but not Lightning Attack, Crushing Blow but no Crippling Strike, all talents for dual-wielding, Double Team.
Traits: Fear (3).

Weapons: In CC, Flayed Ones use their claws to rip enemies apart. Claws deal 1d10+13 Damage Pen 3, with Tearing. With all Two weapon Wielder Talents, they can make multiple attacks, too.
Their main problem is that their attacks do not deal as much damage as other Necrons - they do more than a Necron Warrior, but Necron Warrior has more hits (Flyed Ones need to waste one turn for Charging), and they do not need to come close.
I would rate them as as dangerous as Warriors (stronger but need to come closer), with an addition that Fear can ruin life of any non-fearless group quickly, although Resistance (Fear) + Unshakable Faith + some Fate Points allow Acolytes around 4-5 Rank to mostly pass this -20 Test, especially with Special Uses of Skills like Inspire. 60 Insanity also protects from that. In case of Astartes, I'll rate Flayed Ones the same as Warriors, with 1 point of difference depending on whether your Kill-Team is more suited to killing ranged or melee opponents.

Scarabs (Troops)

WS2 BS2 S3 T3 AG3 Per3 Wounds 9 Armor 4

Scarabs move in units from 9 to 30 Scarabs. They can, but do not have to, form a Horde. If they do form a Horde, remember that they have Stuff of Nightmares.

Talents: Nope
Skills: Dodge.

Attacks.
Outside of a Horde, they deal feeble 1d10+3 Pen 2 Damage, which is still enough to face Guardsman and Cultists. However, outside of a Horde they exist for one reason - Gauss. They will weaken armor of any enemy they're attacking. Compared to Immortals, Destroyers or Wraiths they are indeed a low-priority target - but if they make their attacks, suddenly your vehicles lost their Armor. And since they definitely have numerical advantage, if enemy is a vehicle or does not have Combat Master, they can even attack twice with penalties for two-weapon wielding, and ignore them with hilariously high bonus for outnumbering.
Statistically a vehicle will lose around 5 Armor after being hit by this Horde. A person will lose 5 points, but probably from different body parts, so it will not be a big problem... aside from the fact that it's still 5 armor down and other Necrons are also firing and attacking. Besided, this Horde will wipe out a team of Guardsman in CC.
Scarabs are never a threat in themselves, but they are the only Horde Necrons have, so it's nice to throw them from time to time, 1-3 units of 30, to make Devastator with Heavy Bolter and Unrelenting Devastation+Storm of Iron happy. Aside from that, they are mostly a distraction.

Tomb Spyder (Elite?)

WS20 BS20 S60(24) T60(24) Ag30 Per30 Wounds 30 Armor 9 All

Special 1: Scarab Creation. As a Full Action, Tomb Spyder can spawn a unit of Scarabs equal in size to Wounds that Spyder has left. After that, Spyder loses Wounds equal to 1/10th of the number of Scarabs spawned, rounding up, so spawning 24 Scarabs cost it 3 Wounds. These Scarabs act with Initiative equal to Spyder's minus 1 (so they can act instantly after Tomb Spyder's Turn).
Special 2: WBB Support. Necrons in 30 meters can roll WBB even if there is no other Necron unit next to them. If Necron unit, but not Scarab, fails WBB or is destroyed with no WBB from Spyder in 30 meters, it's energy transported to Spyder instead of phasing out normally. Spyder can, as a Full Action, create a squad of Necron Warriors with 1 member per 1 Necron (no matter type) that was transported this way in this fight. This uses all Necron energy stored inside Tomb Spyder.

Talents: All Two-weapon fighting Talents, Double Team, Crushing Blow. also, they fly and their base movement is 8.
Skills: Awarness, Dodge, Parry. It also has Tech-Use +20 for the purpose or repairing everything Necron-related.

Combat.
In melee, they attack with their massive claws, dealing 1d10+26 Damage Pen 4.
Tomb Spyders usually patrol in groups of 1 to 3 Spyders, and every Spyder has 1 to 3 squads of 10 to 30 Scarabs.
... that's a little vague, I know, but do not worry, below there is some additional info, in part about sleeping Tomb Worlds.

Now. Tomb Spyders are theoretically Master type enemy - tough, strong, can spawn minions etc. However, they have several weaknesses. First, abysmal WS. Second, crappy Dodge. Third, Lascannons.
To be honest, to a Kill-Team without heavy weapons (why would you do that, though?) it's a Master-Level enemy. To everything else, they are Elite.
3 Tomb Spyders in Melee Range, or 3 Tomb Spyders with some Scarabs outside Melee Range, are a small, but tough and persistent threat to a Kill-Team, and if they get to attack in Melee, the have potential to kill an Astarte. also, they can use WBB, making them an undying annoyance.
Against things like Acolytes, one Tomb Spyder is a grave threat to a whole Cell and a great final enemy in an important mission, if your players use heavy weapons.

Destroyers/Heavy Destroyers (Elite)

WS40 BS40 S40(8) T50(15) Ag20 Per30 Wounds14 Armor 9 All

Talents: Mighty Shot, Crack Shot.

Weapons: Gauss Canon (Destroyer), -/-/6, 2d10+10 Pen 5. If enemy is on Criticals, id deals additional 4 Damage.
Heavy Gauss Cannon (Heavy Destroyer), S/-/-, 5d10+20 Pen 10,

CC: It just hits with the rifle, Unbalanced and Unwieldy. Still, it's 1d10+8 Pen 2, not Primitive, so it can hurt some weaker targets.
Oh, and they fly and have Movement 8.

Destroyers are anti-personnel, while Heavy Destroyers are anti-armor variants of mobile weapon platform used by Necrons. They usually move in squads of 1 to 3.
Destroyers are dangerous. It can easily destroy an Acolyte cell, and 1v1 it's nearly a match for an Astarte Devastator with Heavy Bolter. 2 to 1, they are a serious threat. 3 to 1, Destroyers are a deadly opponent that requires a lot of firepower.
Heavy Destroyers are simple "Dodge or Burn Fate", as maybe Astarte can survive 1 hit, but not many others can. It's basically a lascannon.
Necron Lord with Orb, Phylacterie and Destroyer Body, with 3 Heavy Destroyers, is definitely a very hard encounter, and in itself it should be an Objective. Destroying a position like this can be all or nothing for Imperial tank regiments and armored infantry, since prolonged firefight against Destroyers would cost Imperium dearly. 3 Destroyers with properly equipped Lord can easily halt the advance of every standard foot unit Imperium has, forcing the use of heavy infantry on a coverless area surrounding such position.

MONOLITH

Necron super-heavy and only true vehicle. Capable of braking every resistance. Nearly indestructible.

BS50 Armor 50 All Structural Integrity 120

Special rules:
- Living Metal: Materiel used to create Monolith is literally out of this world. Normal anti-armor effects do not work on it in any way.
Monolith ignores Melta, Tearing, Razor Sharp, Lance, Warp and Accurate Weapon qualities, greatly reducing their effectiveness. It also ignores Haywire, like all Necrons. All special anti-vehicle, anti-fortification and armor-reducing effects do not work on Monoliths, no matter the source. Only Damage and Penetration of the weapon apply.
Monolith also has Stuff of Nightmares, making it immune to all Criticals that do not destroy it in one hit. so after depleting it's Wounds, better prepare some high-power weapons for final blow.
- Teleportation: Monolith can teleport up to 1 kilometer. It's a Full Action for Monolith, but after teleporting all his weapons may fire as normal.
When teleporting, Monolith creates a hole in space that it slips through in a fiery crown of green lightning. Every living creature in place where Monolith appears is blown away few meters to make way as space is deformed (no Test allows to avoid it - space itself warps, there is nothing to do). Every living creature has to be moved at least 1 meter from Monolith, this also includes all light non-living matter like small tress, cheap buildings or even light vehicles.
- Levitating Fortress. Monolith is out from this world, and does not follow normal Vehicle rules.
Monolith levitates about 1,5 meter above the ground. If someone was stupid enough to walk under it, the pressure of a gigantic hovering pyramid would instantly flatten him into the ground. And no, armor on bottom is the same as everywhere else.
Monolith can move up to 10 meters in a Turn. This does not affect his weapons in any way, it can still fire all it's weapons at once after moving.

Weapons:

Main weapon: Particle Whip.
100m, S/-/-, 5d10+20 Pen 10, Blast (3).
Alternate usage: Teleport. Instead of firing, Particle Beam can instantly teleport any Necron unit in range to any other place in range. It is especially useful in quickly gathering underground and nearby Necron forces in one place.
Teleported units instantly roll for WBB, and may re-roll it if failed. If the unit starts or ends teleport in range of Resurrection Orb, this bonuses stack, making Monolith a powerful support vehicle.
Secondary weapons: Gauss Flux Arc
Weapons mounted in a corners of a Monolith so that nowhere is safe from them, they rain eldritch fire upon all enemies in range. They are especially effective against nimble, agile, or running away enemies, since they create a net of powerful green lightning that no one can escape.
Special: Every unit in 30 meter range (therefore, every enemy in range and every Horde) gets hit 1d6 (if you do not have a d6, use d10 and re-roll 7+) times by a Flux Arc. Every hit deals 1d10+14 Pen 5 damage. They can of course be Dodged, but note that these are separate hits, not a Semi or Full-Auto. Therefore 1 passed Dodge only allows to dodge 1 hit regardless of successes.

This is a monstrosity. If it appears in a middle of Imperial army, it will destroy everything around and probably teleport a full squad of Warriors, or something worse. Use with caution. Killing a Monolith is extremely hard and it could be a full mission in itself to destroy a Monolith before it reaches 1 kilometer from Imperial lines.
to be honest, it's a nice Mission:
- Primary Objective: Destroy the Monolith before it reaches Imperial positions (Veteran Objective).
- Secondary Objective: Gain support of at least 2 of the Imperial groups in the area. (Novice Objective; Skilled if you save 3, Veteran if 4)
- Tertiary Objective: Save Infantry Regiment of 313th Castilian. They are pinned down by 3 squads of 3 Necron Destroyers (Skilled Objective)
- Tertiary Objective: Save 21st Elusian from being overrun by a Flayed Ones teleporting around Battlefield with a Necron Lord, who use their Fear rating to destroy morale and slaughter guardsman in seconds. (Novice Objective)
- Tertiary Objective: Protect 3rd Auran Artillery regiment from Wraith ambushes (Skilled Objective)
- Tertiary Objective: Destroy anti-tank position of Necrons, consisting of Necron Lord Destroyer and 3 Heavy Destroyers, in order to allow Mechanised Infantry from 14th Hethgards to advance. (Veteran Objective)
- Secondary Objective: Destroy Monolith's vanguard before destroying Monolith. Escort keeps at 400m before Monolith and consists of Necron Lord (with Chornometron only) and 2 squads of 10 Immortals. (Skilled Objective).

Here you have it. If you manage to use it, please write a report in answer to this topic, I'll happily read it and put a link to it :).

WARNING: BELOW ARE MISSION DETAILS FOR AN EXAMPLE MISSION. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PLAYER AND WANT YOU GM TO RUN IT.

How to: Explore sleeping Tomb World.

If you are stupid/crazy/glory hound enough to do so...

I usually make Tombs with 10 levels, each level is of course divided into sub-levels since very level is like 200 meters deep minimum.
Each time you descend a level, you need to make a Forbidden Lore: Xenos Test (I hope you have it; if you are in Outer Reaches, infiltrating Tomb World without a Dead Station vigilant, well...), Forbidden Lore: Necrons +20 Test or a Navigation: Surface -30 Test.
Test to Descend safely and do not get lost or accidentally start an alarm gets harder in every level. To get from surface to level 1, it requires test with additional -10. From 1st to 2nd floor, another -10, etc.
Success means that they descended safely, exploring Tomb. Make sure to prepare a lot of detailed descriptions as a reward, and besides, tombs can be really awesome, especially Necron tombs. Full of technology beyond human understanding. Descent takes an hour for one level, and every DoS decreases time by 5 minutes. The same applies to going up.
Teleportarium cannot reach levels 3 and below.

Failure results in meeting patrols and maybe even rising alarms:

- Failure, no DoF: Descent takes 2 hours instead of 1.
- 1 DoF: They meet a group of 30 Scarabs repairing some small dent in a wall, or perhaps just moving from one place to another. How this dent was created, or where are they going, can be interesting subplot or a dead end, however, players need to succeed at Stealth roll versus Scarabs' Awarness, or they are caught and attacked. They can kill them, but they have to do it in 1 Turn or they rise an alarm.
- 2 DoF: 3 groups of 30 scarabs moving between 3 corridors. Any Stealth Rolls are at -30 Penalty, since misfortune always comes in threes and Scarabs are covering nearly entire floor. Killing is still an option.
- 3 DoF: 1 Tomb Spyder. There is not enough space or time to hide; they have to kill it in 1 Turn or it rises an alarm.
- 4 DoF: 1 Tomb Spyder and 3 groups of 30 Scarabs. Either kill them in 1 Turn, or pass Stealth at -60.
- 5 DoF: 3 Tomb Spyders. There is now way to hide, they must be killed in 1 Turn. Passing a Hard (-20) Recon and Stealth Test allows luring them and dividing to 1 single Spyder and one group of two, giving you two turns to kill them, but failure results in immediate alarm.
- 6 DoF: 3 Tomb Spyders and 9 groups of 30 Scarabs. Hard (-20) Assault Doctrine allows for a turn of Surprise, but there is no way around them.
- 7 DoF: Fast reaction forces teleport before the players, possibly even Surprising them. Roll 1d10; on 1-3 it's a Necron Lord and 20 warriors, on 4-6 Lord with 1 Upgrade and 10 Immortals, on 7-9 Lord with 3 Upgrades and 3 Wraith, and on 10 it's Lord Destroyer and 3 Destroyers. There is no choice but to fight.
- 8 DoF: Lord Destroyer and 3 Heavy Destroyers approach you from the way you came; before you are 2 squads of Destroyers searching the corridors. Passing Hard (-20) defensive Doctrine allows to create some cover, giving 12 points of Cover. If they pass, in a first round of Combat one of them can use Evalute to reinforce the cover per rulebook.
- 9 DoF: Massive Alarm. Nothing happens yet, but all Tests to navigate Tomb World are at additional -40.
- 10 DoF: Catastrophical Mission Failure. A Monolith teleports before players, and 3 Necron Lords with 20 Warriors each surround them from sides and back. What more, the corridors leading out are smaller than usual and there is now way to retreat quickly without being hit multiple times in the back.
- 11+ DoF: End of the World. 3 Monoliths, 9 Necron Lords and 9 squads of 10 Immortals appear around players bent on killing them.

Modifiers:

- Players are in the Tomb more than 10 hours: +1 DoF on failure.
- More than 20 hours: +3 DoF on failure.
- Silent combat (all enemies killed in 1st Round): - 10 to Navigation in the Tomb (both Lore: Necrons and Navigation: Surface).
- Loud Combat (between 2 and 10 rounds or enemies raised an alarm): -20 to Navigation.
- Excessive Combat (Either more than 10 rounds, or a combat with trigger-happy usage of Demolition resulting in a lot of noise and damage on this level, i.e using Seismic Escalator Detonator or detonating 10 Demolition Charges and/or Melta Bombs during combat): -40 to Navigation.
- General Stupidity (Singing out loud HMKids Deathwatch , or screaming "For the Emperor" every 5 minutes, or destroying everything in their path): -60 to Navigation and +6 DoF in case of a failure.

Example Mission:

Check and explore sleeping Tomb World somewhere in the Outer Reach.
To explore a single level, you need to roll the same Test as if going down, but with a +20 modifier after all penalties. It takes 1 Hour, with 5 minutes less per DoS. Spending 3 hours in the Tomb makes this Test +60 instead of +20. (do not tell the players about consequences of spending tom much time in the Tomb).

Primary Objective: Reach and explore underground level of the Tomb, at least Level 1 (Novice Objective)
Secondary Objective: Reach at least level 3 (Secondary Objective)
Tertiary Objective: Every floor from 4th counts as a single Veteran Tertiary Objective.

This is a bare-bone idea, it can be expanded neatly, but I'm leaving it up to you. If you use it, please write it in this topic, I'll be happy to read about it :).

Edited by Alank2
More Necrons added.