FFG! You HAVE to tone down the archers!

By Budgernaut, in BattleLore: Command

The Yeoman Archers are becoming a real problem. We are now at the tail-end of our 2nd tournament and it is clear as day that the increased chance to hit from archers not moving is completely warping the game. If you wanna leave it in the solo game, fine, but you've got to take that power away in PvP. It's way too powerful.

Here's the issue. In BattleLore, melee attacks are typically stronger than ranged attacks. The trade-off is that ranged attacks can't get countered. That's a pretty sweet deal. What you've done with the Yeoman Archers is completely remove the trade-off.

One of the best strategies in Death Match is to wait for your opponent to come to you, or at the very least, advance slowly so you can keep your units together. You can't do that with these archers because if you take too long to get to them, they unleash the devastating Darken The Skies + Enchanted Arrows combo. This essentially gives you 9 melee attacks without the chance to counter! Because you know your troops will get cut down if you wait too long, you have to rush, but rushing just gets your units killed one by one.

Yemoman Archers have warped the meta and this needs to change.

Unless of course, you know, if you don't care about quality products and all. Here, take my $10 for a crappy product and drop the price in 2 months. And then make sure I'll never stand a chance with my Uthuk army because they're the bad guys any way and are supposed to lose.

/end rant

I am also unsure why this change was made. As far as I know, in the board game, Yeoman Archers only received an extra attack from not moving (Double Shot), but their chance of a hit was still 1/6 per roll.