Skirmish Tournaments in NYC

By MikeNYHC, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

It's time for Imperial Assault to get off the ground here in NYC. The first organized tournament ever in the area will be held on Oct. 10th at 11:00 AM at the Compleat Strategist in Manhattan.

Follow the link below for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1684310031801681/

Edited by MikeNYHC

Tournament is rescheduled to Oct. 17th

It looks like fun since I live in North Jersey. I'll see if I can make it.

This event is 1 week away now, so I have some questions:

1. Do you have any indication of how many people are coming?

2. What maps are being used? The 3 that are currently in the official rotation? Any of the new maps?

3. Is it okay to bring pre-printed maps so that we don't have to build a puzzle every round?

4. Are there any Event fees? If so, how much?

5. Duration? When does it end?

6. Will there be a playoff cut, or are final standings only decided by the round robin rankings?

7. Will there be any prize support? If so, what kind?

8. Two of my boys (ages 12 & 10) played in the NJ Regional last spring. Could they come to play in the event?

I'd really like to go, but it'll be a bit of a pain to get there via the subway, so I want to know what I'm getting into before committing to it.

Edited by thereisnotry

1. Not sure how many people are coming. We're trying to build the community in NYC.

2. Maps will be the current tournament legal maps.

3. Pre-printed maps would be fine.

4. It's $5 entry or buy a figure pack.

5. 3 rounds so around 3 and a half hours.

6. No cut, just Swiss.

7. Prize support from the Summer tournament kit I believe.

8. Anyone can come to play!

Cool, thanks. Meditate on this I will.

i will be in the Danbury, CT area all of next week, might try to make it out if you guys are hosting anything

Our next tournament will be November 21st at the Compleat Strategist.

In the meantime if anybody wants to play any casual skirmish games, me and Mike would be happy to meet up to play.

Edited by Xmage