Beginner questions...

By migs6000, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

OK, just started playing tonight with my son but I have some very noobish questions. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1. When objective cards are exhausted, is the ability on the card unable to be used until the next refresh phase or is it always useable?

2. Force choke, does DS need a force user in play to use this card or do you just play it like any event card?

3. During the draw phase, say you have 8 cards, you must discard back to your reserve but then can u discard one more so you can draw a new card?

That's all for now. Thanks in advance.

1: Unless it says "Focus this objective to [X]" then the effect is ready/available. So for instance "Defense of Yavin 4" will always give you the effect to reduce cost of vehicle by discarding cards from your hand

2: You don't need a Force User or Sensitive, but having Vader doing it is just better. You may even have him choke one of your own characters/creatures if you wish

3: From the Rulebook page 12:

. Draw Phase

At the start of the draw phase, the active player may

choose one card in his hand and discard it.

After he has discarded a card, or chosen not to, the

active player must return his hand to a number of cards

equal to his current reserve value, drawing from his deck

or choosing and discarding from his hand as necessary.

At the start of the game, each player’s reserve value is six,

though card effects may increase or decrease this value.

Example: The active player has eight cards in hand

at the start of his draw phase. He must choose

and discard two cards to return his hand size to his

reserve value of six.

Ok thanks, now a one more (until I think of more)...

4. If an engagement ends before some participating units do anything, are they automatically exhausted for just being in the battle or are they good to be used again in another engagement?

Ok thanks, now a one more (until I think of more)...

4. If an engagement ends before some participating units do anything, are they automatically exhausted for just being in the battle or are they good to be used again in another engagement?