Generic Overall FFG Site

By David Spangler, in Support

Three suggestions:

This site is labeled "Support" and indicates it is for questions about the Forum overall. But in the old Forum, there was a site that was dedicated to generic, general, overall questions, comments, suggestions, and the like for FFG as a whole. This was a place to ask very general (non-game specific) questions, to make suggestions for new games, to respond to rants, etc. I'd like to see that kind of topic area or site here in the new Forum as well.

It used to be in the individual game websites that the topic "Description" often gave a detailed summary of play of the game, with pictures, which was very helpful, going beyond simply advertising copy. This was always helpful in getting a sense of the overall game (Ha! sometimes more helpful than the rules!) and it plus the rules usually determined for me whether this was a game I would play enough to warrant buying. The new "Description" topic under the game sites isn't anywhere near as helpful, being mostly advertising copy with very little in-depth information on game play. I note, however, that some of the latter is now included in "news" items that accompany the game, but when you go to those news items, you are then taken away from the game site with no easy way to return other than the "back' button on the browser. Those news items are helpful and welcome, but I'd like to suggest going back to more full, in-depth descriptions--with pictures--of each of the games. Giving more rather than less information would seem to me to be a good thing in encouraging sales. I know in my own case I've sometimes ended up buying a game that I hadn't intended to on the strength of these in-depth description reports along with the rules, and I've never been disappointed.

Finally, I hope we get a Rants section back. Not that it was being used much in the old website lately, but the idea of a place where the employees of FFG can communicate to the fan and customer base and give us a sense of participation in the life of the company makes a lot of sense to me just from a marketing standpoint but also as a way of getting to know all of you as fellow gamers and feeling more involved in your success. Personally, I think of many of you now as friends, and I think of FFG not simply as that company I buy games from but as a group of friends and fellow gamers whose success I root for because I've come to know them and they've shared their life and work through the Rants.