Pictures of the boxes: JiTD vs Expansions?

By Frog, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Can any of you post some pics that show how big the expansions (width and thickness) compared to the core Journeys In The Dark box?

I am just curious for shelf-space because I am thinking of buying all the expansions.

Edit: I found the following pic. I still need to know how thick the boxes are. Are just as thick(deep) as the core box?

pic569449_md.jpg

All of the expansion boxes are the same size, and pretty much the same size as all the FFG "square" boxes (like Arkham Horror, Dracula, etc). About 3/4 the height of the Descent box, and 1/2 the width.

-shnar

shnar said:

All of the expansion boxes are the same size, and pretty much the same size as all the FFG "square" boxes (like Arkham Horror, Dracula, etc). About 3/4 the height of the Descent box, and 1/2 the width.

-shnar

3/4 the height is good. I think I can fit six expansions and JiTD on the same shelf along with quest books and maybe one or two more expansions to the side of them.

:)

Right now when I go to my game night, I have Descent with two stacks of two boxes on top (the expansions). Yes, I have the game in all 5 boxes (not sure what Sea of Blood is going to do ;) since I have put foam pads in the box and the minis are sitting in snug cuttouts in each box.

The base box has all the bits, 3 of the 4 expansions hold the minis, the 4th box holds some extra stuff (Hero minis, the Balrog and Dragon minis (they were just too big for the other boxes), the rulebooks, campaign sheets, etc). I'll have to take a picture someday...

-shnar

Can you post a picture of your boxes? :)

I'll try next gaming session. I'm going to (finally) start a regular Advanced Campaign, going the first Friday of every month. I'll take a shot of all the boxes then :)

-shnar

Well..... ok, as long as it doesn't interfere with the Doom Campaign creation. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hehehe. I'm working on it again (finally!), slowly but surely. I intend to use the group I'll be playing RtL with to playtest it. Gotta finish the rules and components first though :P

-shnar