simple questions that I want to be sure I understand...

By Valzin, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

The max was increased to +/- 60. I believe it was in the first errata back in the day, but should still be in the current one.

Ripper.McGuirl said:

The max was increased to +/- 60. I believe it was in the first errata back in the day, but should still be in the current one.

Yup, that is correct.

Also, I'm pretty sure that a roll of 96-00 is ALWAYS a failure , no matter what.

Necrozius said:

Ripper.McGuirl said:

Yup, that is correct.

Also, I'm pretty sure that a roll of 96-00 is ALWAYS a failure , no matter what.

Not only that, but unless it's Reliable, you're a techpriest of some sort, or you use a Fate Point, your gun has just jammed.

Ripper.McGuirl said:

Can you point me to a page number? I can't seem to find it in the current errata.

Necrozius said:

No, only for some guns. Some jam on 91-00 (unreliable). Some don't jam at all (best quality). Otherwise there's no mention of such a rule in the core rules that I can find.

cappadocius said:

Can you point me to a page number? I can't seem to find it in the current errata.

Sure. Page 1. (Or, technically, page 2, if you're using the full color version and count the "cover".)

"The maximum situational modifiers in combat should be
+60/–60, instead of +30/–30 as described in the Combining
Difficulties sidebar on page 197. "

Well, geez. Plain as the nose on my face. That makes some serious difference in running the game. Thanks!

If a best quality gun would jam, it's treated as a miss instead.

Jings, I've been away longer than I thought...

This is a big long rules discussion for me not to be involved in. I'll pitch in now, as I try to remember everything that has been discussed.

For making a Half Action aim you get +10.

For making a Full Action aim you get +20.

You must make the attack immediately after the Aim Action, or the bonus is lost.

You can't get more than +20 for aiming longer. Aim for 5 rounds if you want, but you won't get more than +20.

If you use an Accurate weapon, your Aim bonus gets an extra +10 on top of it, for a total of +20 or +30.

You can get the +10 bonus for a laser sight on top of Aiming.

A laser sight's bonus only counts for a single shot, not semi or full auto.

You can Aim before semi or full auto, but you will only get the Aim bonus for the attack immediatelly following the Aim. If you keep firing semi/full auto right over to your next action(s), you will not get the aim bonus from then onwards. For that initial attack, the semi/full auto bonus of +10/+20 stacks with the Aiming bonus.

You can only make a Called Shot with a single shot, not semi or full auto.

Full auto gives an additional hit per degree of success, and semi auto gives an additional hit per two degrees of success. The additional hits can be delivered to the original target or to any other target within 2 metres. (Though the RAW doesn't say so, I allow 'walking the bullets': you can hit the original target with one bullet, another target within 2m with the second, a third target within 2m of the second with the third etc etc. You can aso jump a space of greater than 2m, but you loose a hit for every 2m you have to jump).

The additional hits for Scatter cannot be divided between other targets. they all hit the poor sucker you were shooting at. (I hadn't actually thought about this one until just now. This is a RAW interpretation, though I would probably allow my players to divide the extra hits between targets).

I'm too tired now to try to remember any more, but I'll read through it again tomorrow and see if there's anything else I can add.