Going all in on edge battle issue?

By louman333, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

My son and I just started playing our first game and love it so far.... one issue has snagged us up however, we both went all in on an edge battle and it all played out and he started his turn. When he got to his conflict phase, he had a whole new hand and I had nothing left to do an edge battle and my characters and resources were tapped out. Is this just part of the game, if you go all in you pretty much loose on the opponents next turn? Was I supposed to refresh and draw also? Please advise.

This seems like a great community :)

Thank you.

You played it correctly. An important tactical decision each turn is how much you can commit to offense versus what you need to hold back for defense.

Hi there.

Going all in is always a bit of an issue when you're the attacking player since, as you experienced, it will often lay you wide open after your turn is done. So you did play it right since you're not refreshing on your opponent's turn.

Unless your objectives or other enhancements grants you the opportunity to draw new cards your hand will be empty after having ditched everything into the edge battles.

So basically what it boils down to is that you must sometimes choose your battles with care and make sure that you're ready and prepared when your opponent starts attacking. Hope that this was helpful. Cheers

Ninjaed. What he said (much shorter)

Lol, I was posting from my phone, leads to very short posts without near that level of explanation. So let's call it collaboration :-)

Makes more sense now. Other wise you could just dump cards everytime. Thank you for the replies. Even the short ones... : )

Dumping your hand in an Edge Battle can sometimes be necessary or even good if you REALLY need a new hand or certain cards. But as with everything else it's a double edged sword