What happens after these four books?

By cosmic55, in Zombie Apocalypse

I've just found this game and am preparing for my first Zombie Apocalypse session. The system seems fantastic and so simple - the right balance of rules and roleplaying for my gaming style. I plan on buying all four books...but then what?

Will there be more supplements with scenarios or locations for these four settings? (ie NYC during the alien invasion!)

Will there be more apocalypse settings down the road?

Will there be other game settings using these rules?

Will there be future options to expand what the rules can do - players that are magic, or supernatural, or aliens, or cyborgs?

I think these rules would be great for a modern fantasty game, or a game based on the "Supernatural" tv series. I hope SOMETHING happens after these four books. Have we had any hints of what may come?

If we can take anything from FFG's Star Wars RPG, the answer is yes. Each book held the same format, similar to how the EOTW books do: rules explanation, player options, scenarios. There were 3 core books, each being marketed as its own game, but all interchangeable and meant to be used together. As well, each has its own set of supplements (or expansions), expanding on things like careers, equipment, races, etc.

EOTW is the simplest RPG I have ever seen, which allows for some of the fastest paced action in an RPG I've seen. The more they expand on, the slower the game becomes, but the more indepth it is too. I can't see them launch a huge line of increased content for the game, but I can see them launching a few supplements with additional rules, or even new campaigns (like a Hollywood Classic Monsters book or something), even if for nothing else than to pull in a few extra bucks.

Or, maybe they'll keep it simple and leave it how it is. Who knows. Maybe they'll also keep it the shortest/smallest RPG I've ever seen too lol.

Edited by Sydonis

Universal Monsters would be amazing, wouldn't it? Any atmosphere heavy setting, really. We played our first game, and I'm amazed how much the players liked the system. They loved the casual approach to modifiers - some simple discussion, explanations, and contributions from them. I think they felt involved.