Just a few Dwarven combo ideas

By radioboyeric, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

I was just going thru my dwarven deck and thought of some combos that might be of use.

If they have been mentioned before I apologize.

- Innovation + Wake the Mountain (developement = more resources)

- Keystone Forge + Contested Fortress (Capitol damage control)

- Rune of Fortitude + Master Rune of Dismay (great for using up opponent's resources)

- Grudge Throwers + Dwarf Rangers or Zhufbar Engineers (sacrificing unit kills)

On an side note, I can't believe there hasn't been more talk of deck ideas and strategies as of yet.

I know it just came out and all...and we just have a core set to work with but it just seems a little weird.

Very excited to hear some comments and more deck ideas!

Oh and everyone should buy a theremin...so there is my 2 cents.

Dwarf stall with some empire units movement tech )more their battlefeild and kingdom to their quest zone) to hold back infiltrating to deck-out your opponent.

By the way for purposes of trying to deck-out (or successfully lay a siege on) your opponent...are people finding Empire with some Dwarf tech easier or Dwarf with a dash of Empire easier? My gut says that the Dwarf must be the primary race...but what are your experiences like?

I actually haven't done any multi-faction decks as of yet.

Does the consensus still with a 50 card deck? Or more....

vermillian said:

Dwarf stall with some empire units movement tech )more their battlefeild and kingdom to their quest zone) to hold back infiltrating to deck-out your opponent.

This is a solid idea . . . I've actually be talking of a deck like this for the past couple days.

I'd like see some versions of it from around the comminity.

Dude, the Contested Fortress + Keystone Forge combo is killer! I drew it a few times when playing with the generic starter decks, and it was a game-making move. Never seen my opponent so frustrated in his life.

Either empire or dwarves as a primary kingdom works well. Both have hard hitting units and good tacics/support cards.

I find dwarves can get their offensive roll going fast than empire though. They just seem to be more naturally adept at beat face while the empire seems to have a lot of tricks that it needs to get in the right order.

Harliquine said:

Either empire or dwarves as a primary kingdom works well. Both have hard hitting units and good tacics/support cards.

I find dwarves can get their offensive roll going fast than empire though. They just seem to be more naturally adept at beat face while the empire seems to have a lot of tricks that it needs to get in the right order.

I agree with this statement. Though a lot of the Tactic cards for this seems to rely more on Empire symbols . . so that is where you balance comes in.