Scenario cards and Banner tiles

By kirkpitaine, in BattleLore

Okay, I just need to clarify some rules. I've played four games, and they all ended with a "meh" feeling. Like we didn't really accomplish anything.

1) Do the special objectives on the scenario cards apply to the whole map, or just to each player's side of the map? Like, say you get a VP for occupying 3 mountain tiles at the end of your turn, would these tiles need to be on your side of the map, or can they be anywhere?

2) Same thing with the banner tiles. Do you get VP for occupying the banners on your side of the map, or only the banners on your enemy's side? The rules do not specify this, so I assume you get VP for occupying your own banner tiles. However I find this very weird , because then all we tend to do in a game is sit on our positions and wait. There's almost no incentive to attack... or am I missing something?

Thank you!

1. Scenario cards are very precise on the special victory conditions. If the card reads "any 3 mountain hexes", then it's anywhere on the map. If it's "on your side of the map", then it's on your side of the map. So, in your example, it's anywhere

2. Banner tiles: unless you have specific (faction-related) banners fielded, they work for every part involved in the battle.

If you could provide some practical example (by giving scenario names, for instance) it'd be easier giving you a more detailed answer

If you're wondering what a faction-specific banner is, try looking at the rules for the army packs like Warband of Scorn . These are only used in certain scenarios that come in the army packs.

But since you do get VPs for occupying any victory point banner on the board, there is a great incentive to attack and push your opponent off the VP hexes.

But since you do get VPs for occupying any victory point banner on the board, there is a great incentive to attack and push your opponent off the VP hexes.

This. The more you play BT, the more you realize is quite a challenging game because every decision you make and every card you play can result in a huge butterfly effect at end game. Budgernaut here suggests a very important thing: try to define a general strategy. The weak and the strong points of your opponent's army, how to use the terrain to your advantage and screw your opponent, and decide how and when to attack and how and when to defend. Risk management and brilliant strategy often grants you victory