Couple of questions...

By Guest, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Here I am...marry chrsitmas!!!

Questions :-)

1- Brothers at War (agenda)

When I draw, do I have to draw from a single deck, or can I draw a card from each deck?

2- Kings of deceit (agenda)

I guess the effect of "moving the 8th plot in the used pile" prevents from "revealing" (playing) 8 plots.

The timing is:

- I reveal the 7th plot;

- All plots go back in the plot deck;

- the remaining plot goes in the used pile.

Am I right?

DB_Cooper said:

1- Brothers at War (agenda)

When I draw, do I have to draw from a single deck, or can I draw a card from each deck?

You must draw from a single deck. Remember that you choose between the two decks for each effect that refers to a player's deck. The "draw 2 cards" framework event is a single effect, even though you draw two card. That means you only get to choose the deck (and get both cards from it) once.

DB_Cooper said:

2- Kings of deceit (agenda)

I guess the effect of "moving the 8th plot in the used pile" prevents from "revealing" (playing) 8 plots.

The timing is:

- I reveal the 7th plot;

- All plots go back in the plot deck;

- the remaining plot goes in the used pile.

Am I right?

Not quite. Plots don't recycle to your plot deck until after you resolve your last plot. So the timing is actually:

- I reveal my 7th plot;

- I resolve my 7th plot;

- I move the remaining plot to my used pile;

- All plots (except the one revealed) go back to the plot deck.

The key here is that according to the rules, you don't "recycle" your plots until after the last card revealed (that leaves your plot deck empty) resolves. When you reveal and resolve your 7th plot while playing the KoD Agenda, your plot deck isn't empty until AFTER the "move the 8th plot to your used pile" effect from the Agenda kicks in. As soon as it does, your plot deck is empty and you recycle your used pile.

So the effect prevents you from "revealing" 8 plots (or, said another way, being forced to reveal plot #8 in the 8th round because all your other plots are used), but what it does do is make sure that you always have 1 more plot to choose from than your opponent(s) do - unless, of course, you're using something like Bran Stark to cycle through your plots faster.

thanks, man !!!

I didn't get that I had to resolve my last plot before the recycling.

now it's clear :-)

DB_Cooper said:

I don't think the timing of it matters in the LCG plot pool, but it's a big deal in Legacy for plots that look at the number of plots with a particular trait in your used pile (like some of the plots with the Kingdom trait).

ktom said:

DB_Cooper said:

I don't think the timing of it matters in the LCG plot pool, but it's a big deal in Legacy for plots that look at the number of plots with a particular trait in your used pile (like some of the plots with the Kingdom trait).

Yep. that was the meaning of my question :-)

We're still playin' standard (and LCG, yes) and it's very important to take care of this rule.

Here I am again...

THE SHIELD ISLAND

If I'm playin' with the Brothers at war agenda, do I have to reveal BOTH top deck cards? Or can I choose?

DB_Cooper said:

THE SHIELD ISLAND

If I'm playin' with the Brothers at war agenda, do I have to reveal BOTH top deck cards? Or can I choose?

The person controlling Shield Islands chooses which of the two decks has the top card revealed. It's a constant effect, so they only get to choose the one time when the location comes into play. They cannot change their minds later on.

Note, however, that the "discard the top card of each player's deck" bit is a separate effect. The controller of Shield Islands gets to choose which Brothers deck has the top card discarded each time they trigger that one; it doesn't have to be the deck with the top card revealed.

ktom said:

DB_Cooper said:

THE SHIELD ISLAND

The person controlling Shield Islands chooses which of the two decks has the top card revealed. It's a constant effect, so they only get to choose the one time when the location comes into play. They cannot change their minds later on.

Note, however, that the "discard the top card of each player's deck" bit is a separate effect. The controller of Shield Islands gets to choose which Brothers deck has the top card discarded each time they trigger that one; it doesn't have to be the deck with the top card revealed.

Perfect. You're always very kind and precise.

Community should thank you day by day (with thoughts...I cannot see them posting "thanks Ktom" one after another gui%C3%B1o.gif )

Thank you, my friend.

:-)