Big box of chaos?

By sagitar, in Tide of Iron

I've recently become the happy owner of both Memoir and TOI.

Now one major difference that struck me was how neat everything fits back into the Memoir box. There seems to be a special place for everything.

Yes I'll admit the games are so new that sofar I've only gotten stuff play-ready.

But for TIO I've seen myself forced to delay this, I mean to me it seems as if your only option, after getting it all 'unpacked', is to simply throw it back in the box. Surely there must be a better way?

Surely there must be others who also feel it's a pitty to throw everything back in one big chaotic mixup of card, tokes, boardpiece and miniatures, so has anyone found a satisfactory solution for this problem?

i just went out and bought a storage tray and most other games i use ziploc bags and what not.

My ToI had ziplocs included!?!!

I've used storage trays, the kind that you can find in hobby or sewing shops, and ziplock bags; the former for all the counters and the latter for the miniatures. This works very well.

I also bought some boxes to organize my stuff.

One box for the germans, one for the Allies and one for the basic game pieces.

Yeah, I just used ziplocks to divide stuff up...I wouldn't even think of throwing everything back into the box all willy nilly...that WOULD be a nightmare, I agree..LOL..

I went with plano boxes.

Kinda like these: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/219832

They work very, very well. One big box for the various counters, one box for the German infantry and one box for the American infantry.

Tanks and trucks of both sides I have in big zip-lock bags.

Best Regards

Erik

Plano boxes are awesome although a bit more expansive. They come with separate dividers for which you can shape the box however you like. I use the big box for the main bits of the game and have 3 smaller boxes for each nation that have come out so far.

Thanks,

I'm not sure if they have those over here in Europe, but I've found something simulare, and rather cheap wich is allwasy a bonus.

It will hold all the small game part, so that takes care of most of the chaos.

Any of you got any suggestion for bending the barrels of tanks a bit more straight.

I've got a few that, from the way they're pointed, seem ready to commit suicide.

Now another thing I noticed and wondered if you've noticed aswell. The german trucks look a bit strange to me. They look as if the loading part has been glued on ( I think it has) and they all seem to look a bit ' out of shape' - the front part of the 'thing' is higher than the back part, so if you'd actually have a truck like that in real live, all your stuff would drop off.

but maybe I'm just being to picky here.

did any of you bother to try painting the minatures? I reckon that would be a monks task that could easily take one into the next year.

To reshape your minis, stick them in some warm water for a few minutes, take them out and mold them into the appropriate shape, and then place them in some cold (perhaps even icy) water for a few minutes. Works great!