2nd edition adventures

By kenobi87, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Im looking for some premade 2nd edition adventures that people may have made and are willing to share. I know of the ones in the books but I really want to stretch out the campaign. I would go so far to even offer to commission someone who could write a balanced adventure(s) with equal amounts investigation and combat (myself and my group really like combat) send me a message if you might have something to share.

Even just ideas or an overview of adventures you have run would be nice and I could fill in the gaps im sure.

Well I'm currently writing an introductory adventure for my group, although it will be heavier on the investigative elements than combat. If that's not a dealbreaker, I'd be happy to send my notes along after we've actually played it and saw how it holds up.

Edit: come to think of it, I already have another introductory adventure lying around somewhere. It's also investigation-heavy, but since the final confrontation has been deemed somewhat anti-climactic, I've been planning to expand the dungeon-crawling elements in its last act since forever. I might do that now.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

I would appreciate that! For sure send them my way if you dont mind :]

If you want, I can send you a copy of the game I'm running my players through right now.

Uploading all of those for all of us would be sweet - especially if your PCs don't have accounts here :)

Is there a software or template to format your adventures like pdfs of the official ones? With the fonts and backgrounds and such...

Getting my own adventures typed up like that is a dream for me.

Lynata is the keeper of those files - but I believe what you are looking for can probably be found on Dark Reign, as well.

One of my players has an account on here, but he and I have an agreement that he stays out of the GM section. On that note, why isn't THIS thread in the GM section?

Uploading all of those for all of us would be sweet - especially if your PCs don't have accounts here :)

Is there a software or template to format your adventures like pdfs of the official ones? With the fonts and backgrounds and such...

If you're on a Mac and have Pages, I have some templates I've put together.

If you're on a Mac and have Pages, I have some templates I've put together.

Right now I'm on Ubuntu 10 (Linux), but I could also try on windows. I don't suppose you'd send them anyway please? I could always try them, or see if there's a free Mac emulator out there!

Right now I'm on Ubuntu 10 (Linux), but I could also try on windows. I don't suppose you'd send them anyway please? I could always try them, or see if there's a free Mac emulator out there!

Message me your email address. I can export to Word .doc as well, but things get really messy and the file sizes explode.

If you just run the players through the things they have to do, that can be like an adventure in itself. I'm really trying to flesh out the adventures that FF has produced. Running Seeds of Heresy I had them go through the Desoleum spaceport, meet the Captain of the Destroyer that the are traveling on, find out they are not liked by the Captain, finding out the from the Captain that the have the right to call Extermanatis on Novabella (looks on their faces was great) (they haven't figured out yet that their Inquisitor will kill them for being useless if they do), and getting down to the planet took half a game session. For the game I'm using the criminal Governor so I created his own space port in his own private game preserve to smuggle goods off planet (where they had to go through a minefield to get in to it and then fought a young Krootox from the only war Monster book). When they investigated the Solidarity's underground processing facilities I had them attacked by Giant Chaos rats when they shut off the chaos protein bar machines the rats had been feeding from. I'm also using 1ed adventures with a little tweeking (names, places). I hope these ideas are useful to you.

I'm in the process of writing a campaign for my group and I'm about halfway through the first part. It focuses on investigation at first and then, depending on the actions of your players and how well they figure out the truth, it has some combat elements. I'm splitting it into three parts and it has some NPCs created in conjunction with other WH40KRP titles such as Black Crusade and Rogue Trader. If anyone is interested I'll post it up once I'm done. It's based in a noble spire on Hive Desoleum, and it has a unique architecture to it as it starts off as a single spire then splits into four smaller spires, one for each other the family members. It's based around the death of a family member and the PCs are sent there to figure out who killed him. The reason the inquisition stepped in is due to the heretical means he died, so this is a Ordo Hereticus style campaign.

If this thread is still watched at all, I would love to get in on the action and get some good DH 2e adventures. Anyone still have any of their homebrews lying around?