Details arose about the KoF Movie

By Homme Chapeau, in UFS Off Topic

only one word can describe it perfectly:

LOLWAT

That doesn't sound like it involves much Bogard-iness, unless Terry is somehow the defender of some other realm, as he is in my D&D campaign.

sad to say I saw this coming.

But it's still not Uwe bad...

I hope.

And they've done it again. Can't somebody stop this director's and producers from ruining good story's? What's that story have to do with the KoF universe. I can't wait to see the things they will do to the second SF movie and the Tekken one. Or even better, surpass the MK:2 movie with a third (possiblu horrible one).

Malk said:

And they've done it again. Can't somebody stop this director's and producers from ruining good story's? What's that story have to do with the KoF universe. I can't wait to see the things they will do to the second SF movie and the Tekken one. Or even better, surpass the MK:2 movie with a third (possiblu horrible one).

Well I kinda like the idea of the new SF movie, it doesn't sound TOO bad, It's going the way that most movies are these days for 'gritty realism', but that is usually what can make video game movies good, so we can actually see it happening.

For Gods sake...

Dragon Ball, Chun-Li trash, and now this...

Absolutely nothing to do with the series, not even with K9999 or my beloved K', a complete made up done for, non-game-fans? Then who will go to the cinema?

And then I think of Avatar the last Airbender been adapted to the screen by M. Night Shyamalan... And I cry more...

I'll watch it for giggles, as I will Chun-Li and Tekken. If there's light shows of fire being thrown about by the likes of Kyo, K' and Iori, I'll be happy. I'll have something pretty to look at :D

Dragon Ball is trash.

The ORIGINAL Street Fighter was trash.

The problem is that when you take what you see in the game, including the ridiculous outfits, and put them in real life, what do you get?

COSPLAY KOMBAT!

Instead of showing the characters as people (which is what the Cun-Li movie will do), they show them as characters. Honestly, putting a wig on so you can play Goku, Mr. American? How about at least hiring an Asian actor for the role?

Then the second problem begins when they attempt to reproduce the original setting without making changes. They get in way over their heads. Honestly, the only video-game-to-movie adaptation to come close was Mortal Kombat (the FIRST one, obviously). Take an über-fantastic setting from Dragon Ball, which involves plenty of flashing, flying and lots and lots of destruction and it WILL LOOK SILLY.

Mortal Kombat involves realms and portals and magic and some unrealistic ****. YET, in that first movie, not much of that was shown. We didn't see Kitana's fan blades, we didn't see Sonya's kiss of death, we didn't see much of Raiden's electricity. What did we see? The more realistic side of things (save for Sub Zero and Scorpion but it's expected of them). We saw Sonya doing her Leg Takedown, we say Johnny Cage performing his side kick (with a barely noticeable shadow behind him), we saw him punch Goro in the nuts, we saw Kitana and Liu Kang almost make love on the arena floor and most of all, we saw as little flashiness as possible. We saw a hint of orange when Liu Kang punched Shang Tsung, simulating his fireball.

What we DIDN'T see is Kylie Minogue front kicking someone in the chest yelling "THRUST KICK!"

Uh, now take a series which involves fighting against evil mafia overlords, then megalomaniac organizations and finally some Japanese mythology then turn it into... well, whatever I just read, and you will see the movie will not even take off the ground. I think that puts it far BELOW the ground, possibly sitting slightly above Super Mario Bros.

ARGUABLY, the three clans are the Kusanagi, the Kagura and the Yasakani (now Yagami). But being constantly whisked away to other dimensions? Stop filming, please.

guitalex2008 said:

go die in your sleep. Zangief asking the security camera's channel to be changed MADE THAT MOVIE WATCHABLE. and Raul Julia's MuhBison. glorious

GouHadou said:

go die in your sleep. Zangief asking the security camera's channel to be changed MADE THAT MOVIE WATCHABLE. and Raul Julia's MuhBison. glorious

"You were... paid?"

Let's face it, the fact that it was Raul Julia being Bison made the movie watchable.

Up until the point where he started floating and throwing lightning bolts.

Did I mention "THRUST KICK!!!" yet?

you mentioned it.

and like most things you say to me, i chose to delightfully IGNORE IT

GouHadou said:

you mentioned it.

and like most things you say to me, i chose to delightfully IGNORE IT

It's the "BELIEVE IT!" for the current, jaded and Naruto hating generation.

GouHadou said:

guitalex2008 said:

Raul Julia was FANTASTIC as Bison. While the movie may have stunk, the on-screen M.Bison was wonderful!

I could cry at the sounds of the KoF movie. Sure I'll watch it and hope for cool, pyro-based martial arts and an awesome Kyo vs Iori match, but I just wish they didn't have to mess around with the plot as they seem to want to do.

Even a KoF Another Day style "just another day in Southtown" plot would have been fine... but not THIS! llorando.gif

we need a guilty gear movie just for the fact that it would give us live-action bridget and faust!

GeneralReaction89 said:

we need a guilty gear movie just for the fact that it would give us live-action bridget and faust!

live action trannies FTW

guitalex2008 said:

GeneralReaction89 said:

EW. That is all.

I know a couple people that'd fit the bill.

Why do I picture Macaulay Culkin playing Bridget?

guitalex2008 said:

Why do I picture Macaulay Culkin playing Bridget?

'cause he too got it up the bunghole by a tall white guy?