Spiritseer's guidance

By Jonz, in Forbidden Stars

spiritseers-guidance.png

what kind of units are not affected by combat damage?

Eldar's ones or all units involved in the combat?

Thank You

It doesn't specify, so I would assume all units in this round. I would note that the space marine card that allows two execution rounds would only be affected for the first round. In other words it's the perfect counter.

my doubt is about the description card ("By playing Spiritseer’s Guidance, you can rout a single unit to prevent the rest of your forces fighting in that battle from suffering any damage that execution round, and perhaps win the battle because of that unit’s strategic sacrifice".)

it says that only Eldar troops benefit of the ability's card.

in the text card however there is not such definition.

Edited by Jonz

This question came up on BGG and a fellow BGG user sent it to FFG. The official answer is as follows:

When it says units does it mean just the Eldar units are immune or are the enemy units immune also?
It makes the units of both players immune to damage, otherwise it would specify only your units.
Does the card just prevent damage attacks (tokens,dice&icons) ie If the Eldar are attacking, and the enemy card tells them to rout one of your units is the unit routed? If the Eldar are attacking, and the enemy card tells them to destroy one of your units is the unit destroyed?
It only makes units immune to damage, units can still be routed or destroyed through other means that do not deal damage.

I hope that helps!

Samuel Bailey

Edited by Niddi

ty very much Niddi.

in my opinion that card is quite non-sense.

Spiritseer is an Eldar unit,why the hell he should help enemy troops also?i cant get the point, why FFG designers did that card in this way.

Yes, lorewise it does seem strange, but it would probably be too powerful if you would be immune to damage but still able to destroy the enemy. Just imagine if you had that card twice in combat.

yes u r right probably it would been too powerfull card

Pretty much the card is there to stop an enemy that you're assuming is going to pull a token heavy attack (hi csm khorne cards), adding some nice tokens to your pool and stopping your troops from dying that round. OR you use it the last round if you see things are going pearshaped to save your troops.