Spike Headline vs. ability "Throw Team-Mate"

By Zukov, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Hi, during our first game (4 players) we found this situation:

instead of a tournament card, we draw out an headline card (Weather disrupts match) which indicates a player limit (of 3 players) for each team zone.

During the week, a Manager decided to use the player ability "Throw Team-Mate" to send his player in a Matchup where there were already 3 players of his team.

Is this possible? Is the priority the rule of the Headline card, or the player ability?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zukov

Off the top of my head if I recall correctly you can break the headline rule but doing so will give that player a cheat token / penalty card (would need to double-check the rules / depending on what expansions you're playing with I think). So yes, the manager could use the player ability to throw a team-mate to another match and break the 3-player limit but doing so will give that player a cheat token / penalty card. Risk vs Reward ;)

Hi Kong, thanks for your answer!

But the rule you are talking about is for Stadiums (Player Limit - Foul Play expansion). Maybe we can apply this option also in our case, but this will be an "homemade" rule...

Thanks again Kong!