Tips Linking "Lessons From the Past", "Hidden Depths", and the Beginner's Game

By SemperSarge, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on running and/or linking the three adventures we have so far for F&D.

At first glance, it looks like I should/could run "Lessons From the Past" in the core rulebook first, followed by "Hidden Depths" in the F&D GM kit. Then, at least story wise, run the adventure in the beginner's box set for F&D. Admittedly, my only reason for thinking this is in "Lessons" the PC's get their lightsaber hilts, in "Hidden" the PC's get their lightsaber crystals and complete building their lightsabers, and then in the F&D beginner's box set it seems the PC's have lightsabers at the start. Seems linear to me from that perspective, No?

Also, is there any guidance on what year these three adventures take place? I was thinking 6 BBY or so.

Thanks in advance! -Jay

Semper Fi

I like your logic. Would suggest the addition of clues (physical or vision) in each of the first two adventures that point the party to the next site. And the obvious choice of amping up the Boss in the Beginning game adventures (Adversary talent(s), lightsaber), leading to the Lure of the Lost followup to the beginner game.

Perhaps adding a codekey in the museum stash that can unlock information embedded in a computer or droid on the Sanctuary that leads to the next destination. Depending on the skills of the party, the repair of the droid or computer could emphasize some non-force skills and just barely getting the info before that system shuts down with a dying gasp/sputter/electrical discharge.

I would be tempted to replace Ironarm in "Hidden", with Garai having missed them (or failing to stop them) at Sanctuary and chased them to Phemis and have them salvage information from Garai's datapad after his defeat that leads to the Temple. The information should be cryptic enough to have escaped the obvious notice of Garai (maybe some unread archival reports) to avoid alerting the empire to the temple's location. Which provides an entire new thread, who is feeding this information to Garai? Maybe leading the party back to the Phelar University Archive.

By the end, the Jedi temple on Spintir can then be the gift that keeps on giving with information to new adventures as it becomes more and more operational. Maybe also becoming the now hidden jedi home base (Far Horizons) with some paint and spackle.

Edited by shoes

Rethinking this chain of adventures, I realized that I forgot that the PCs find a holocron on Sanctuary . The holocron could provide additional clues to guide the party after they leave Sanctuary . And I would have notes on Ashur Sungazer's datapad provide leads that the holocron can help answer. Those answers lead to Phemis and then ultimately to the Jedi temple on Spintir.

I would suggest the holocon needing a replacement Rubat crystal to expand its function and capabilities. This leads the party to Phemis first, and having acquired the crystal(s), the holocron can access additional memory stores that lead to Spintir.

Could probably lose the rescue angle in the "beginner's adventure" as well as Romund him/herself (the rescuee). Unless Sungazer from "Lessons" and Romund from "Beginner's adventure" are morphed into one character and that character survives "Lessons" and is one step ahead of the party eventually leading to his capture by Malefax.

Also, by the end of the string of adventures, the party will have been exposed to four holocrons. I would think that is way too many, and require that the three found at the temple remain there to be any help to the party. The PCs can develop the temple, using the three temple holocrons to help with guidance when needed (requires return trips to Spintir), but have the holocron found in Sanctuary increase its abilities by accessing information shared by the three found on Spintir.

Thanks for the ideas! I'm looking over "Lure of the Lost" now and, naturally, I'd run that after the Beginner's Box Set adventure as intended. Plus, we have the "Gateway" adventure book set to release soon for F&D. I'd do that after "Lure of the Lost", perhaps the PC's get clues at the temple in "Lure" to lead them into the "Gateway" adventure? Of course, we'll need to read the "Gateway" adventure to see if it doesn't better fit somewhere else in this list.

There does indeed seem to be a bunch of holocrons in these adventures. Perhaps that's a goal of the PC's... to track down and collect as many holocrons on Jedi knowledge as possible, to protect and preserve the legacy of the Jedi? Sounds a bit Indiana Jones and/or Pokemon like. The PC's could be in a race against the Empire, or even Inquisitors or Darth Vader himself, to save as many as they can. Perhaps all the holocrons can be downloaded into and/or power the temple in "Lure", making the temple more knowledgeable and powerful. Of course, that may attract... shady undesirables too. Maybe more holocrons, more problems.

1. Lessons from the Past (F&D Core rulebook)

2. Hidden Depths (F&D GM Kit)

3. Mountaintop Rescue (F&D Beginner's Box Set)

4. Lure of The Lost (F&D downloadable adventure)

5. Chronicles of the Gatekeeper (F&D adventure book)

Semper Fi

Edited by SemperSarge

Just curious...why wouldn't you just start with the beginner game adventure, Mountaintop Rescue, then Lure of the Lost.? Then potentially do Lessons From the Past, then Hiiden Depths, etc.

Also, what about the F&D beta adventure, Lost Knowledge? Where would you fit it into this order?

Edited by daddystabz

Any idea where it would be good to slot in the beta adventure, Lost Knowledge?

Anyone???

Depends on what you're doing with it. If you're running Hidden Depths, I suggest changing the grand prize of Lost Knowledge to something besides crystals. A relic, a vergence starchart, specialty parts for a lightsaber, a historical record, or whatever you can think of. Whatever the larger scope of the campaign is, I'd adapt Lost Knowledge to provide something key to that, something that requires a quick diversion. So if you're running...

1. Mountaintop Rescue
  2. Lure of the Lost
  3. Lessons from the Past
  4. Hidden Depths
  5. Chronicles of the Gatekeeper

I'd maybe insert Lost Knowledge after 2 or 4, or in between parts of Chronicles.