Bloodthirster questions

By bercnall1name, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

The Bloodthirster seems like a potentially significant part of the Chaos offensive game. However, we had some questions about his wording.

1) The first text on its card says that "Damage is cancelled." Unlike every other card I can remember, this card doesn't specify "this unit." Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but does the Bloodthirster make all damage uncancellable? (Whether it comes from the BT or not?)

2) The more sane question (I hope): "After your turn begins, each player must sacrifice a unit in this corresponding zone." Does this include the BT? In other words, if it's alone in a zone at the start of the turn, does it sacrifice itself?

Thanks for anyone's input. My group played a number of games tonight and had a blast, although we did have a number of rules questions that I'll be parcelling out over the next few days.

Bercilak

You are right! I didn't realize that it was an universal constant effect (take that Dwarfs!). There is a built-in timer in that you gotta keep feeding the horned one with a sacrifice or else he will eat himself up!

I just realized that in my first question, I meant to say "Damage cannot be cancelled." *sigh*

Berc

Good pickup! I hadn't noticed that the wording for the uncancellable damage seems universal.

Yes, he will sacrifice himself. So he has a countdown to live...

Yes all combat damage cannot be canceled and yes if there is no other unit in your zone the Bloodthirster "departs" as he is sacrificed to meet his own condition.