Canon Graph

By kami689, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

So was checking one of my favorite sites and came across something interesting, its an info graph of what is still considered canon. Its weird, knowing that there were so many books/games/comics that made up the star wars universe, now we are down to so few :(

Edit: pic wasnt posting, link is here

Edited by kami689

For whatever reason I am unable to view your graph.

However, to me, the stuff that's canon is canon. If anything new comes out doesn't fit, then the new stuff isn't canon. I've read the books, I love the book. Just because the people that want to milk the franchise are too lazy to read the books or use Wookiepedia doesn't mean they get to void their bladders all over SW. That's my two cents, anyway.

The image won't load up for me either.

@CaptianNalgolKhoss: I couldn't agree more. If Disney decides to take Kyle Katarn in a direction that is not in sync with the Dark Forces saga, that's not going to erase the memories I have of playing those games. I've read plenty of books and played plenty of games, and nothing is going to make me forget those things.

However, from what I've seen and read about the new EU, it appears as though they really don't plan on "blowing it up". I think most people read a few sentences into an article and said "oh no, the EU is not cannon anymore, only the movies". While technically true, it's really only to the point that EU people or situations might directly conflict with the new stuff coming out. Disney is sitting on a cash cow Wampa and would be foolish to just get rid of it all. It would set a poor precedent as well that would tell the fans, "we blew it all up once, we can sure do it again". The way I read into all the EU stuff going forward is that it's still legit and usable until something directly contradicts the EU. I know this is a serious point of contention for some people and I'm not looking for an argument. There's just such little amounts of information out there that it's mostly just speculation at this point.

Long Live the Alliance!

Weird...usually I am the one that cant see images lol.

Link if you still want to take a look: http://geekologie.com/2015/08/learning-by-looking-infographic-of-all-t.php

I agree with both of you, just more show sharing the graph, like i said it is weird seeing how little there is for the new canon so far. Granted this will change fairly quickly.

I see star wars now as having 2 timelines, the "Legends" that we have all come to love (and in some cases hate...for a certain alien race....) and know, and now the new time that Disney will be creating.

Also Boba Fett better still be alive in the new canon or there will be a disturbance in the force that makes the destruction of Alderaan seem small.

Also Boba Fett better still be alive in the new canon or there will be a disturbance in the force that makes the destruction of Alderaan seem small.

LMAO!

@thestag: Yeah, I reckon that makes sense. It just seems unfortunate to me they they refused (note: NOT "unable") to read the books and continue working with what is canon. For the amount of money they're about to make off of the next three movies (episodes II and III grossed almost $700 MILLION, and that was AFTER people saw George Lucas' hate for Star Wars in Episode I) they should be able to afford some writers who would read the books so they knew what was already canon.

@kami: The link isn't loading for me either.

Cool, good to know!

Lighten up everyone. The old EU is not "thrown out". It is as it ever was. The "Legends" of the old EU are still on the table, existing as simultaneously true, false, and "maybe". I call it Schroodinger's Ewok.

The Story Group at Disney can lift, shift, edit, retcon, rewrite, beg, borrow, or steal any portion of it in part or in whole as they see fit. A 100% original content EU-free New Canon is NOT going to happen, they are too lazy and it would take too much work. They are already dipping into EU and recanonizing things. (It is official Fett Lives........AGAIN)

Until and unless directly contradicted by a new piece of Canon media, everything has still happened...or at least still CAN happen....from a Certain Point of View. As that new Canon comes out, you will see more than you thought get a nod and a wink than a vibro-axe.

It is missing something. That something was Lucas done with the original actors and publicly aired.

The Star Wars Holiday Special!

I demand Life Day be recognized.

It is missing something. That something was Lucas done with the original actors and publicly aired.

The Star Wars Holiday Special!

I demand Life Day be recognized.

Life Day, the Ewoks movie and TV show, the Droid TV show (first appearance of the Gladiator Star Destroyer and Admiral Screed), and more. There's a lot of good stuff that came out in the late 70's early 80's that Disney and Lucas would like to see banished from the face of the earth.

Yeah I doubt Droids will be canonized unless Disney wants to fall into the A-Wing and B-Wing mess that WEG fell into when they decided to ignore the appear of A-Wings and B-Wings in Droids since Rebels is going to have the B-Wing Prototype first appear a decade after Droids took place

I think Fantasy flight made it canonical by using Screed and the Gladiator. It has the licence after all :P I don't care what any of these charts and stuff say, Canon is all things produced in the SW EU pre-1999 after that my mind cannot form new memories related to Star Wars.

So was checking one of my favorite sites and came across something interesting, its an info graph of what is still considered canon. Its weird, knowing that there were so many books/games/comics that made up the star wars universe, now we are down to so few :(

Edit: pic wasnt posting, link is here

Don't worry. In a few years the new EU will be just as big, bad, and boring as the old one.