Help me with relics and treasures

By Bludgeon, in Talisman Home Brews

I had this idea to completely replace treasure and relic decks with stuff that's actually good, so they feel like real rewards. Yes I know some of those cards are good, but others are a joke.
For now I have 8 relics and 13 treasures. I could make more but I'm not sure how many is enough.
Help me make those decks even better than I can myself. Here's the cards:

Dreadwing_zpsydlimvjz.png Frost%20Globe_zps64epwqwn.png Helm%20of%20Fury_zps7lk6g25a.png Highland%20Princess_zpswcvx7ccb.png Lotus_zpsjgm0wgic.png Rage%20Talon_zpszjgheqqf.png Windborn%20Talisman_zps2jxzh7kp.png Windlord%20Amulet_zpsrr1b09bl.png

Dreadwing and Clockwork Owl are the only cards without any alterations. I post them for sake of completeness.

Edited by Bludgeon

Those are pretty good. My friends and I took your idea in a diofferent dorection and created TREASURES OF THE FEY . Bascially, it was a stanck of fae artifcats that you could ick one form by defesting Mab in the woodlands-although we did modify the biard a bit and put battling MAB as the last square on the board! (after all, bith the Highlands and the Dungeon had you battle soehting to get out, so we figured-why not?)

Like your ideas very much. I'd personally prefer if the Arnkell relic wasn't even in the relics deck. Feels like most people head on early to fight the Eagle King (he isn't that strong to begin with) and have a 25% shot at getting the relic and then they got a pretty good chance at reaching the CoC first. Or at least should be stated that the relic works in outer and middle region only.

Since I can't post that many pictures in a single post, here are the treasure cards:

crown%20of%20wisdom_zpsxch9vllu.png elixir%20of%20life_zpsx2j8irpc.png eternal%20armor_zpsphzj2zcc.png mimic%20mask_zpsiboaykbn.png orb%20of%20prophesy_zpsfshtg5ew.png steam%20walker_zpsfup3bgsv.png sword%20of%20true%20strikes_zpsqbvpmrch. talisman%20of%20rage_zpslam58ywk.png talisman%20of%20thought_zpsfsthpeze.png tome%20of%20lore_zpsrbbs4o7r.png

Those are pretty good. My friends and I took your idea in a diofferent dorection and created TREASURES OF THE FEY . Bascially, it was a stanck of fae artifcats that you could ick one form by defesting Mab in the woodlands-although we did modify the biard a bit and put battling MAB as the last square on the board! (after all, bith the Highlands and the Dungeon had you battle soehting to get out, so we figured-why not?)

When you finish woodland, do you get a treasure card in addition to what your path gives?

Like your ideas very much. I'd personally prefer if the Arnkell relic wasn't even in the relics deck. Feels like most people head on early to fight the Eagle King (he isn't that strong to begin with) and have a 25% shot at getting the relic and then they got a pretty good chance at reaching the CoC first. Or at least should be stated that the relic works in outer and middle region only.

I dislike arnkell too and no one picks it in my games. That's why I wanted to substitute it with alternate talisman.

BTW I plan to have another talisman in dungeon treasure deck, also with special ability but with different flavor.

Edited by Bludgeon

Unlike most of the posts I see with user created content, these aren't overpowered or unbalanced and actually are pretty good. My one comment would be on the Frost Globe. Making it negate all Firelands tokens completely wrecks that mechanic for whoever has this object. That's broken. I would give it a fixed number of uses (like the Lotus) or even a random roll (on a 5-6, it removes the Firelands token, on a 1-4, the Firelands token consumes the Frost Globe, discard it).

When you finish woodland, do you get a treasure card in addition to what your path gives?

Yes you do!

and the rest of treasures:

axe%20of%20power_zps1j08h2r7.png clockwork%20owl_zpshrhohqtw.png clockwork%20steed_zps301fafqf.png transmuters%20stone_zpsvdwhxnib.png

My one comment would be on the Frost Globe. Making it negate all Firelands tokens completely wrecks that mechanic for whoever has this object. That's broken.

Is it really? In all games with FLT I played, the most tokens we've seen on the board during entire game was like 5 or 6.

Edited by Bludgeon

Hey guys, I was thinking of making a different deck of Talisman cards, (with powers) to replace all talisman's found in the game. unfortunately I can't find a good picture of the back of a talisman card. its not on Talisman Island either. :(