Were the challenge decks any good?

By LionCub, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Anyone played around with the challenge decks? Are they fun or better to just play normal?

While I mostly played as the pilot of the challenge deck, I thoroughly enjoyed them. They're a really cool multiplayer experience if you can't get 4 people together, and are a neat way to try out a new team strategy since they don't require any of your objective sets.

I also really enjoy them. Each has their challenges and holes, but it is fun to see them come together. The DS deck is far more thematic than the LS deck, but is also far more brutal.

They are a lot of fun. You can play 2v1 as well as 3v1. I've had the most fun doing 2v1 with the DS challenge deck.

I never played the Skywalker one, but I love the Death Star one.

Errr... what challenge decks? what are you guys talking about?

It's a way to have 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 games using 2 kinds of challenge deck: one where a LS player has to keep Luke hidden until the DS players run out of cards and one where a DS player takes on the task of "building" the Death Star (2.0, I think) while 2-3 LS players try to keep this from happening

Ill look into it. Thx Forensicus

They debuted at the 2013 world tournament, and were sold a few months later in the Between the Shadows "deluxe" box. They also included a "limit one per objective deck" Objective set for each affiliation.

They are fun to play.

They debuted at the 2013 world tournament, and were sold a few months later in the Between the Shadows "deluxe" box. They also included a "limit one per objective deck" Objective set for each affiliation.

They are fun to play.

You meant Balance of the Force, right?

They are fun to play.

So am I understanding correctly that the Balance of the Force expansion contains one "Limit 1" Objective set for each of the six affiliations and the rest of the box is devoted to multi-player (and illegal in standard 1v1) play?

Thanks, all. Just getting in, looking for next purchase.

Edited by jme

You have it sort of right. Balance of the Force contains six "Limit 1 per objective deck" sets, one for each faction, that are optimized for multiplayer but can be used in standard play. The rest of the cards are organized into two challenge decks, The Search for Skywalker and Jerjerrod's Task , which Forensicus described above.

The challenge decks are so much fun. I highly recommend them to anyone. I was always sad that they didn't get the hype that they deserved.