Is the collection of objective and initiative data relevant?

By Mikael Hasselstein, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

The tournament sheets that we have collect the names of opponents, wins, losses, and margins of victory. Clearly, that's all the necessary data for calculating standings in the tournament.

Also, the builds are collected by the TO prior to the tournament, but these are only collected to make sure that people are consistently using the same list.

Thankfully, we have people like stmack and his Tournament Results Thread 2015 , who is collecting build data, to keep track of what the overall meta is.

But is it also, at least, interesting to collect data on what objectives were played and who had initiative (who was 1st or 2nd player)?

I'm starting my career as a TO. I've done two events now in which I had to fill in; I'm organizing another one for a week+ from now (see here ). I also think that collecting and sharing data is neat. But, if there's no hunger for that sort of data, then it's probably not worth the effort.

I know that I am very interested not only in what objectives are being played, but what objectives are being brought but AREN'T being played. This can tell us a lot about the game.