What would we call the first 4 cycles and sets? (Future formats of Netrunner)

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Once Data and Destiny has been released every faction would now have similar number of cards in their card pool and it will be that way for the next four cycles (in which the past cycles would start to phase out).

So in interest of say formats what should we call all the cards in the core set up to Data and Destiny:

• Core set (1st edition)
  • Genesis Cycle
  • Spin Cycle
  • Lunar Cycle
  • San-San Cycle
  • Creation & Control
  • Honor & Profit
  • Order and Chaos
  • Data and Destiny

First Anthology? Sounds pretty common for a card game.

First Network? A bit more themy but not really epic sounding.

First Library/Volume? Maybe but still sounds bookish?

First Generation? Okay a bit of an improvement on the aesthetics.

Type 1? HELL NO!!!!!! Don't even think about it!

So what would you call that grouping of sets?

Iteration 1? Phase 1?

I've taken to referring to rotation blocks as "GenSpin," "LunSan" etc.

Iteration 1? Phase 1?

I've taken to referring to rotation blocks as "GenSpin," "LunSan" etc.

Wouldn't the delux packs be included so we have GenC and Spinor & Profit?

No, because they don't rotate.

No, because they don't rotate.

okay so we got 2 sets of groupings, rotations and releases, A release includes 1 cycle and 1 deluxe pack, and rotations include 2 cycles.

So as for the deluxe packs are we still going to be getting them at the end of every cycle? Won't they eventually be rotated or reprinted out?

Edited by Marinealver

I am personally of the opinion that the Deluxe sets are done with, it's Data Packs from here on out. Unless they change their minds, the Core Set and Deluxe sets will never rotate, they have said that Deluxes are immortal.

I'm not sure where you got "releases" a grouping, that doesn't really follow from anything. Rotation is the event, the actual card sets are a "block," as MTG coined the term.

So, when I talk about "GenSpin" it's usually in the context of the impact of a future rotation. E.g. "When the GenSpin block rotates out it's going to be crazy because we won't have {any of a couple dozen iconic cards} anymore and we'll have to figure out how to work around it." But Creation & Control doesn't bear mentioning in that because it's not going anywhere.

Eventually we'll get to the point where all the Data Packs in print will be post-Data & Destiny releases. The GenSpin, LunSan, and Mum-??? blocks will all have rotated out.

I am personally of the opinion that the Deluxe sets are done with, it's Data Packs from here on out. Unless they change their minds, the Core Set and Deluxe sets will never rotate, they have said that Deluxes are immortal.

I'm not sure where you got "releases" a grouping, that doesn't really follow from anything. Rotation is the event, the actual card sets are a "block," as MTG coined the term.

So, when I talk about "GenSpin" it's usually in the context of the impact of a future rotation. E.g. "When the GenSpin block rotates out it's going to be crazy because we won't have {any of a couple dozen iconic cards} anymore and we'll have to figure out how to work around it." But Creation & Control doesn't bear mentioning in that because it's not going anywhere.

Eventually we'll get to the point where all the Data Packs in print will be post-Data & Destiny releases. The GenSpin, LunSan, and Mum-??? blocks will all have rotated out.

Just out of curiosity and since I don't play Game of Thrones how are their big box deluxe sets being treated especially with 2nd edition now out?

Just out of curiosity and since I don't play Game of Thrones how are their big box deluxe sets being treated especially with 2nd edition now out?

All (edit: competitive) LCGs are following the same format. aGoT 1st ed is being retired completely once this cycle finishes. 2nd ed, like all the LCGs, will have permanent Core sets and Deluxe boxes, and rotating monthly packs.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

In terms of the rotation, exactly as described here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2014/11/5/a-new-stage-of-growth/

As far as their content, nobody yet knows. If they do one deluxe per faction, it will optimistically take five years to get full coverage, and the first block of Chapter Packs will have rotated out before they're even done. It would also result in a somewhat higher maximum card pool than predicted at the link above.

I think, in order to keep buy-in cost reasonable, that they'll do 2 Factions per deluxe, similar to Netrunner.