Extended Tests

By Whisperwood, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello fellas, while i was zapping rpgnet forums i have found a question about the extended tests and i realised i don't know the answer. So i am asking it here :D

How does extended tests work? I mean i know it is spread to a wide time period but lets say i am crafting an item but i failed 8th roll... Does my whole test fails? Or are there a Degree of Fail threshold?

Edited by Whisperwood

Hello fellas, while i was zapping rpgnet forums i have found a question about the extended tests and i realised i don't know the answer. So i am asking it here :D

How does extended tests work? I mean i know it is spread to a wide time period but lets say i am crafting an item but i failed 8th roll... Does my whole test fails? Or are there a Degree of Fail threshold?

It can differ a bit depending on the situation, in general it is often about accumulating a certain number of success (and failures may or may not count against them). Each test then takes a certain amount of time so basically it comes down to how long time it will take to complete.