Vicious quality

By gndmgp01, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I tried looking around the forums for the 3 sets, couldn't find something that spoke to what I'm trying to find out.

I set a Murderous Fugitive from F&D pg 413. If I am reading it right, his/her vibroknife rolls 4 dice, 3 advantage and 1 ability die. So when I rolled this against a pc, I rolled 4 successes. This was how i totaled damage; vicious 2 gives x10 dam, for 20 damage, then the blade is set at 5 dage, plus 1 for each successs. Does this mean the vibroknife does 29 damage?

Please explain for a new GM!

WOW! No :)

Vicious increases the critical injury roll, which is done with a d100, by 10 per rank in Vicious. It does not directly affect damage.

Otherwise, yeah 9 damage is right: 5 damage for the blade, +4 for the successes. It should also have a Pierce rating, so be sure to lower the target's soak by that amount.

Edited by awayputurwpn

Critical Injury Chart is on Pg 225.

Well that explains a lot. I knew a vibroknife wouldn't do that much damage over a lightsaber. I was misinterpreting the 'Critical Injury or Hit' as Critical injury...or...hit. Makes much more sense now chaps, thanks!

Ahh, yes. Critical Injuries are personal scale and Critical Hits are vehicle scale :) I can see where the confusion lay...