Milk of the Poppy and keywords.

By Dydra, in Rules Questions

So this has been going back and for in discussion and I'd like to get a 100% answer to it.

On Reddit threads we discussed that MotP doesn't remove keywords ( Insight,Intimidate, Renown etc. etc.)

While in play today, my opponent said that it does remove Renown and similar.

So what's the final veredict.

The card says "printed" and they keywords are printed. Yet, idk. So confused about this.

Page 11 of the RRG has all the info on Keywords.

Page 21 of the RRG has all the info on Traits.

Traits and Keywords are completely different. A Keyword is not a Trait. Your opponent is correct as Milk of the Poppy blank s a card except for Traits.

I.E. Insight, Renown, etc, are all blanked by MotP

Yep. This one is pretty straightforward and your Reddit threads are (apparently, I haven't read them) incorrect.

Milk of the Poppy reads: "Treat attached character’s printed text box as if it were blank (except for Traits )."

As nungunz says, keywords and traits are different things. Very different.

And since keywords are a (non-trait) part of the character's text box, Milk of the Poppy blanks them along with everything else.

We got to the bottom of that :)

I have another question though:

Can you Treachery Milk of the Poppy? If you do so, is it perma, or just for 1 turn?

Interrupt : When the effects of a triggered character, location, or attachment ability would initiate, cancel those effects.

Milk of the Poppy is not a triggered ability. It is a constant ability.

Interrupt : When the effects of a triggered character, location, or attachment ability would initiate, cancel those effects.

Milk of the Poppy is not a triggered ability. It is a constant ability.

Even while it is being attached?

The rulebook is clear:

A triggered ability is any ability with a boldface
precursor followed by a colon and the rest of the
ability. This incudes actions, phase specific actions,
interrupts, reactions, forced interrupts or reactions,
and when revealed abilities.

Milk has none of these things, so treachery cannot be used.

Not a Triggered Ability. Page 22 of the RRG.

Look the stuff up. The answers to all your questions have been quick and easy to find.