How to store cards?

By Ghaundan, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Currently I've only been playing warhammer fantasy in the comfort in my own home and have had cards placed in business card displays for ease of access by me and the players. Now however people at the club might want to play and since I was in the works of reworking the storage of the other physical bits (any good ideas on a good solution on how to organize the npc cards and standups do tell). I've been looking around, and so far I've mostly seen card collector...english language fails me, folders? They don't seem all that good in terms of ease of access, especially if more people want to look through at the same time.

Any suggestions? PS: Live in Norway/Europe so please use metric measurements. Thanks in advance!

I use storage boxes. But there has been posts about storage before in the forums with pictures, if you can get the search to be your friend ( it find what you are looking for).

As a player, I have a box the size of the career/character sheet and a smaller box that fits inside, that box is for the players cards. I tried using card pockets but that didn't work out to well.

I've tried searching, mostly found the big boxes for all the small stuff. Where did you find the boxes for the career sheets? I've yet to find that.

Whatever method you carry the gear, I recomend being frugal on how much you carry to each game, try to take only what you need for the session, as the more you take the more you need to unpack, pack and tidy.

My personnal solution to this problem :

IMG_20150408_191847.jpg

IMG_20150408_191909.jpg

IMG_20150408_191928.jpg

That looks absolutely lovely, do you have any measurement marks or plans? I live in an apartment so not much hope of making anything complex here, but maybe I can ask my dad to help me out.

My dad helped me out too ;)

Unfortunatly, I did not keep the plans. But as I remember :

- the whole box is cube about 35 cm sides

- the box for the cards are of the dimensions of the cards plus 1 cm

- the other box fill the holes

- the height of the book-compartment is 14 cm, the height of each inside box is 10.

That's about it. If i had to make it again, I would make three inside boxes instead of two, but only 6 o 7 cm height.

Interesting! I'll defineatly have to run it by him. Quick question: how do you guys organize NPC cards?

My personnal solution to this problem :

IMG_20150408_191847.jpg

IMG_20150408_191909.jpg

IMG_20150408_191928.jpg

Edited by Daedalum

Similar to colonelclick I use Racco boxes to store cards (and tokens, standups, trackers etc.).

raaco.jpg

I went with Racco as well, and bought some simple business card plastic storage containers to keep NPc's in. Basically I store a set of npc's and actions by type, or prep one specifically for a session and just open that up and all I need is there.

Thanks for the tips guys, you helped alot :)

Lol pictures like this answer the question "how did the dice all sell out so quickly"

(For the record, I have about 15 dice packs myself.)

Lol pictures like this answer the question "how did the dice all sell out so quickly"

(For the record, I have about 15 dice packs myself.)

I think I have about 10 packs, and it does not really enough when playing with a full 5 PC group. If the dice were re-printed I'd probably pick up 2-3 more packs.

Interesting! I'll defineatly have to run it by him. Quick question: how do you guys organize NPC cards?

Quick question, slow answer:

I have them sorted in racco boxes as well. :) So I sorted the cards in groups (like greenskins, beastmen, etc) and then I also store the standups in the same insert. So when I need to set up a battle with greenskins I just take out that insert and I have standups, creature cards and creature actions ready to go.