Memento Mori: Play-by-Post Game Now Recruiting!

By Claw, in Dark Heresy Play By Mail/Email

I’m looking for two or three new players to join my mature play-by-post game, which has been running for about two years. You’ll be joining my motley crew of six regulars and a couple of other supporting players, who pitch in when they can with side characters.

This game focuses on the grim-dark aspect of the setting, with your Inquisitor locked into a bitter feud with his rival even as the entire sector falls into anarchy and madness. There’s an extensive array of recurring NPCs for you to befriend and destroy, and our next game phase will focus specifically on making your character seem pretty **** heroic (although not necessarily alive to enjoy it!).

I’m the kind of GM who doesn’t pull any punches but you’ll also find that I’m generous with good gear, and you’ll be starting a quite an advanced level (5000XP). Our current party has almost everything covered in terms of character builds, so I’m completely open to new characters provided they abide by the rules in the Core book and Enemies Within. Please note that I won’t convert any old character rules into the new rules, but I will help you find equivalent ways of achieving your concept if you need it. We also use a number of simple labour saving house rules, most of which favour the player.

Please note that the current game phase is still ongoing and new characters can’t be dropped into that storyline. If it goes on too long, I have an introductory mini-adventure for newcomers to enjoy while you wait for the main game.

I'm a very experienced GM and have been running DH games online since the original Black Library release, with one campaign running over several years. My regular players are all great folks and great writers, and they'll make you feel welcome with us.

If you're interested in joining us, or just want a look, please head over to the forum. Slots will be handed out on a first come first serve basis, and they usually go pretty quickly. Please note that you’ll need to be able to post at least every other day during normal circumstances (if circumstances change after you join, allowances and changes can easily be made).

http://dhmementomori.freeforums.org/index.php

****, your website is blocked here ... for the next few hours :)

I am pretty interested and will propose something this evening ! Thanks :)

Hey there!

I'm very interested and will post up a few characters in the next few hours. I doubt that you want us all creating accounts on your cool website until you give us the word, so they will be posted here. Hewever, they'll be made using the character guidelines found on your website. I'll also be reading through the house rules and stuff, but I'm wondering if there's something we should be reading first to get up to speed on the campaign and such.

If any of the characters I made are acceptable to your campaign, please tell me! I'd love to join.

What kind of gear/insanity points/corruption and Influence do we start with?

Edited by Talon of Anathrax

Hey there!

I'm very interested and will post up a few characters in the next few hours.

If any of them are acceptable to your campaign, please tell me! I'd love to join.

What kind of gear/insanity points/corruption and Influence do we start with?

If we can't join until the next adventure, approximately when will that be?

Technically base gear/insanity/corruption/influence but I'll do a few special requests on gear so you get what you want. I'm actually recruiting early so my other players can factor in massive requisitions for the next adventure, as it'll be the last time they can use the Inquisition's credit card (all covert stuff after the next adventure!). As such, you'll be able to get almost anything you need.

With PbP it's pretty hard to tell how long everything is going to take, but they are in the end game. If they don't finish up relatively quickly, I'll be doing a mini-adventure with the new starters which will give you a chance to pick up even more shiney gear. That will start whenever I get enough new players I guess.

Thanks for your interest!

Note on the forum I'm using. There will be a slight delay while I activate your accounts. Unfortunately necessary, or you get a load of spam threads. Please do feel free to post there when I've activatred your account or just post/pm here.

Anyone who does join, I'll obviously bring you up to speed with the story so far. But, basically, every game usually ends with thousands of civilians dying. Lots of collatoral damage with this group...

This is a very nice game that I'm part of since a year.

Hope to see some new faces in the game!

Hey Claw,

I am creating my first character for the adventure.

Before investing too much time in it, would you be interested by:

- Feudal Mutant Warrior

- Master in close combat, unarmed, dodge / stealth and a bit of deceive

- BG: Raised by the eclesiarchy as a fellow "son" of the emperor, unfortunately having some issues (sociopath). When his "father" died, was handled over to the inquisition were some interrogator / inquisitor thought he would be more useful alive (if he manage to stay) instead of dead.

- Trained for recon / infiltration / silent work

- Mutation : Sonar / Wings / other stuff

If not, I'll find an another concept :)

I don't see any overt issues with that, but you may well struggle with the rest of the group as it has some pretty fanatical zealots. My suggestion would be to make this character hyper faithful, which would create some interesting conflicts. One the one hand mutant... on the other hand super loyal. On the sociopath side, just note that I don't accept the excuse of "that's what my character would do" when it completely screws up the game for other people, so it's best kept on the downlow and shown through more subtle interactions - limelight stealing personality traits don't fly.

Other than that, I suggest you head over to the forum and post a thread here; http://dhmementomori.freeforums.org/new-character-applications-f12.html so everyone can get a look. We're all pretty friendly, and everyone likes to help out when new people get started.

I'll do that :)

Hyper faithful is totally in the concept, just concepts of what/who's expendable could be maybe different.

Character has been submitted - fluff will be added soon.

I suppose that if I get the "Sightless Orbs" mutation I can't use cybernetic eyes to get my sight back? I can currently "see" within 10m with Unnatural Senses, and within 30m thanks to Sonar Sense.

I obviously made a melee focused character, but potentially getting normal eyesight later on would be a good life goal for my character.

Wow, 2 mutants. That's a lot of mutation by square feet :)

I think you'd lose the unnatural senses if you got actual eyes. Maybe there are other option though. Anyway, now you're both over there, please do discuss everything with your characters on the site. The other players are super helpful, particularly with the crunch stuff, so don't be afraid to get involved. Once I have a basic idea of your concepts on paper (does not need to be complete; just the basic idea), we'll look at the mechanics and get them straight.

Having taken a look around on your site, I'm quite intrigued and would love to be able to send a character application. Do you want it posting here? Or on the section for it on your site? I've been hoping a new thread (or space on an older thread) would appear for a while.

Hmmh... I've been itching to give DH2 a try lately. Unfortunately, my usual group is currently having problems getting together so that our BC campaign is on hold. PbP could offer me an easy fix in that I should be able to squeeze it into an otherwise hectic schedule pretty easily. What I've seen from your forum also looks interesting, though I've only given a quick glance so far.

Assuming that one open slot is gone, would it be possible to submit a character in advance and receive a notification when another opportunity opens up? :ph34r:

It's not necessarily gone yet... might be able to fit one more in. Drop over to the site and submit a concept (doesn't need to a be a complete character), and we'll go from there. Thanks for the interest.

I'd be interested in joining if there is still room.

Sorry, I'm afraid we're full now. Thank you for your interest though. I hope you find a game.