Don't let Mina get caught at night!

By CTuxford, in Fury Of Dracula

An agressive Mina used resolve to jump on my Dracula at night. I used 'fangs' and won the combat which gave Mina her second bite and me 2 points for taking out a hunter. She was tooled up but it didn't help when I rolled a 6 to her 4 in combat.

I hope this ruling was correct as the next turn my vampire matured and the game was over!

Mina appears to me to be more of a seeker and equipment/event card source than a fighter at night. That one bite is devastating for the cause of he hunters if she is fanged or mesmerised.

If it was Fangs you took her out with, Mina wasn't that tooled up. For Fangs to get a bite result, she couldn't have been using any of Knife or Stake, which are by far the most powerful offensive weapons against Dracula. Nor was she using Crucifix or Heavenly Host, the best defensive items against Dracula (useful if you don't have two nasty attacks to go in hard). If the weapon she is relying on is Sacred Bullets, she really shouldn't be taking on Dracula.

But yes, Mina is a rather greater risk than any of the other hunters for confronting Dracula at night. You are better off having someone else do it if you can.

Even so, any hunter, properly equipped, certainly can be a threat to Dracula. I once attacked Mina during the first night, and had my ass handed to me. She had gotten good equipment draws, and simply outrolled me repeatedly. (I have many friends who will talk at length about how much dice hate me.)

Well, I can’t agree. Yes, Mina needs just a single bite to give Dracula 2 points. But it often happens in our party that Mina causes a lot of damage on Dracula. Her special ability helps the lady to get equipped very quickly, she can pick the nice combination of items – and then everything depends on dice.

I think Holy Water is one of the more powerful weapons to because it causes so much damage against so many other cards. Also a player tooled up with two rifles and a stake is a slayer of vlad big time. He keeps playing rifle back to back to repel him then when he successfully does it plays the stake for the kill

I do not agree with your picks for best defensive weapon personally. How can you say that when the rifle pretty much always repels dracula win or lose? If you don't want to fight Dracula then rifles are your money card. Or rifle him then knife/stake him the next when he has to try and escape.

Also to use Mina to maximum effectiveness you should keep another hunter near her so she can hand off/trade these items she has gathered up early.