No new from GenCon so is 2nd edition comming?

By Beren Eoath, in Mansions of Madness

Ok, so for a long time now we are not getting anything new fro this game. As some of us know FFG likes to upgrade there games or make more streamlined new editions. Are there any chances that in the near future we will see a new version of the game?

I would kill for a big box expansion for this game! Adventures in Innsmouth would be a great place to go next.

Yeah, that´s right... instead of a second edition I would love a huge expansion. I think this game is suffering for all the attention the Star Wars games are getting.

I would love to see something similar to the co-ops for Descent - where one or more can play without a Keeper.

I would love to see something similar to the co-ops for Descent - where one or more can play without a Keeper.

There are 2 co-op stories in Call of the Wild expansion.

That would be cool if they made a 2nd edition. Does anyone know if this game has custom card makers like what they have for SW X-Wing?

I'd like to see a construction kit with new map pieces and some good guidelines of formula for balancing a scenario so we can build our own. More maps parts and more monsters like the descent monster packs.

There are 2 co-op stories in Call of the Wild expansion.

I have CotW and knew about those two. I was referring to a mechanic or system where I could play all of the other stories including the print and play expansions without a keeper since about 95% of my current gaming time is solo. Or something like the coop expansions they've made for Descent.

I just really don't want this game to die. Played it for the first time last week. I now own a copy. Such an amazingly thematic experience.

I think it is pretty obviously that right now FFG is focused on their Star Wars product lines (and to a lesser extent WH40k). Of course, you can't really blame them as they would be foolish to not cash in on the Star Wars mania that is going on right now in preparation for the new movies. As much as I love the Arkham Files line of games, it's understandable that FFG is going to focus on those products that will bring them the biggest return on investment (and Star Wars was a HUGE investment for them). I remember reading before the Star Wars stuff started to take off that Arkham Horror was their best selling product at that time. So it's obvious that Arkham still means something to them. I am sure that once the Star Wars hype dies down about in a about a year or so, we will see them come back and address future Arkham Files products (including new content for MoM).

EDIT: if you notice in the upcoming products page, the base game and the two expansions are all in the process of being re-printed. There is a chance that we might get some news on a new expansion sooner rather than later...

Edited by Otakuon

I love this game, and have everything except for a couple of the Print on Demand expansion stories. It is a serious commitment to setup the game properly, and keep track of all the selections you made, and where things are, however, when done correctly, it creates a play experience for your guests like nothing else.

Please discontinue the talk of a 2nd edition. That would make all of my current collection obsolete, and I would then have to embark on a whole new financial journey. I agree that the game could use continued attention, and a big box expansion which more fully explores H.P. Lovecraft stories would be terrific.

Gotta get this to the table again soon.