When?

By The Horseman, in Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game

"In Development" does not say much in my book.

I have seen products over the years be "In Development" for years until they were cancelled.

Maybe I missed it, but when is this game to be released?

An actual date would say volumes.

"In Development" does not say much in my book.

I have seen products over the years be "In Development" for years until they were cancelled.

Maybe I missed it, but when is this game to be released?

An actual date would say volumes.

3rd Quarter of this year (check out the bottom of the release article). I would expect it to be out the 4th Quarter though.

Missed that note under the video.

But it still is not a date.

How reliable are FFG "Quarter" claims?

Missed that note under the video.

But it still is not a date.

How reliable are FFG "Quarter" claims?

Usually 0-1 quarter later than advertised. They frequently get games exactly when mentioned, but sometimes there are delays. Earlier this year a bunch of stuff got delayed due to the big port problems in the US. But most of the time they are pretty accurate.

Edited by ithkrall

Thank you ithkrall.

Does anyone know of where to get more information about the game than what little is here?

Are there game reviewers out there in the world that receive the game early so as to give the public honest reviews of the gaming experience?

Thank you ithkrall.

Does anyone know of where to get more information about the game than what little is here?

Are there game reviewers out there in the world that receive the game early so as to give the public honest reviews of the gaming experience?

FFG are pretty good at putting out info, but this is gencon weekend and this is just the announcement. So think of this as just a "teaser", like the 30 second "teaser" movie trailers.

If they follow standard FFG marketing practice, there will be a series of articles about aspects of the game over the coming weeks/months as it approaches.

Boardgamegeek has loads of resources and reviews of games. They won't have much on this yet as it's just been announced. But between the FFG forums and there, you should get some pretty good information. In time. Don't expect a full dump immediately

Also, when the game is close to release, or has just been released, they will put the full rulebook online in PDF format, so you can have a good read of it as well.

Thank you.

I guess i will have to exercise some patience at this point.

I will be counting the days to this hitting the shelves, this has to be the most exciting news for me this year, I literally can't wait!

My copy of GWs Warhammer Quest is a real treasure to me, I think I shall break out the old set this week to celebrate :)

FFG, thank-you.

I chatted with the designers on Sunday at GenCon and they told me, that FFG is trying to get it out in October....but it may slip further into Q4.

Edited by JasonMFlow

Ok, so now I'm counting days for this becouse it's a must have for me. Love the idea of solo play and up to 4 players. As I saw from articles and video each Heroe has 3 cards with stats each one for 2, 3 nad 4 players. The diferences are the amouth of Health point (for example in a 2 player version You may vae 25 HP and in 4 player game only 13) and text. The text on heroes for a 1 or 2 player game says that You use 2 heroes and each of those can activate twice durning heor turn. In a 3 hero game one hero is the leader and only he can activate twice, and in a 4 player game each heros activates only once. This makes sense.

I can't wait for this and waiting for the release. I hope this will get more love from FFG and we will see expansions.

I am really excited about this. I have never played any Warhammer games in the past. But, I LOVE the FFG LOTR LCG. I come from a competitive card background in MTG, and eventually started playing FFG's LCGs. My playgroup loved to play LOTR as a nice break from playing competitive games sometimes. Over time, we noticed that we were spending more and more time playing LOTR and less and less time playing the head-to-head card games.

I thought about buying the Pathfinder Adventure card game a while back, but just never had the time to get into it. Although I am not familiar with the Warhammer universe, my experience with cooperative card gaming and FFG has been amazing. I bet this game will be excellent.

I am really excited about this. I have never played any Warhammer games in the past. But, I LOVE the FFG LOTR LCG. I come from a competitive card background in MTG, and eventually started playing FFG's LCGs. My playgroup loved to play LOTR as a nice break from playing competitive games sometimes. Over time, we noticed that we were spending more and more time playing LOTR and less and less time playing the head-to-head card games.

I thought about buying the Pathfinder Adventure card game a while back, but just never had the time to get into it. Although I am not familiar with the Warhammer universe, my experience with cooperative card gaming and FFG has been amazing. I bet this game will be excellent.

I agree, I'm really excited about this announcement. My wife and I love the LOTR LCG, but over time I've found that I just really don't enjoy spending time building decks anymore, and would rather LOTR be more of a deckbuilder in this sense with heroes and thematic abilties to build from in-game.