Some questions about player actions

By LudoBrabo, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

HI

3 questions about player actions:

A player action can be triggered by playing an event card out of your hand. Do I put the event card on the discard pile after triggering?

Another way to do a player action is by using the effect of a character, location or attachement that is on the table (not in your hand). If so, should I kneel the card after playing. Do I have to pay a cost for it?

Is it allowed to do more that one player action per player in one player action phase? Or only one?

cheers

Ludo

A player action can be triggered by playing an event card out of your hand. Do I put the event card on the discard pile after triggering?

Yes. Event cards go to the discard pile after they resolve.

Another way to do a player action is by using the effect of a character, location or attachement that is on the table (not in your hand). If so, should I kneel the card after playing. Do I have to pay a cost for it?

There is no "default" rule requiring a base cost or making you kneel a card after you use its ability. Most of the abilities themselves, though, will specify a cost (often including kneeling the card) you are required to pay in order to trigger the ability.

So, for example, if an attachment card says "Any Phase: Attached character gets +1 STR until the end of the phase. (Limit once per phase.)," you would not be required to kneel the attachment in order to give the character +1 STR. However, if an attachment says, "Any Phase: Kneel this attachment to give attached character +1 STR until the end of the phase.", you would have to kneel the attachment in order to trigger the effect. (Hence the lack of the "limit 1 per phase" on the "kneel" version.)

The important thing is that limits and costs to abilities will be written on the card. There isn't a "default" requirement or consequence for using an ability.

Is it allowed to do more that one player action per player in one player action phase? Or only one?

When you get to one of the block on the timing chart that says, "Player Actions," each player, starting with the First Player, gets the opportunity to trigger one player action (or pass). After everyone has had a chance to trigger one action (or pass), you start over again with the First Player, continuing to alternate the opportunity to trigger one player action at a time until all players have passed in order. Then you move on to the next block in the timing chart.

That's the technical way of saying that a player can use as many player actions as they want in each Player Action block until all players have passed.

Hi

tnx for the fast reply. It was very usefull !

cheers

Ludo