Vader's TIE Advanced

By hollywoodblobb, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Vader's TIE Advanced- Reaction : After this unit is focused to strike, reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a Black Squadron card, put it into play, if able. Otherwise, return it to the top of your deck.

My question is 2 parts:

1. If you do reveal a Black Squadron card, does it come into play at the engagement or just into play?

2. If that card happens to be Pilot Vader, can he attached to the TIE Advanced or no since it is focused out?

I apologize if these have been answered and I overlooked them

Thank you

Vader's TIE Advanced- Reaction : After this unit is focused to strike, reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a Black Squadron card, put it into play, if able. Otherwise, return it to the top of your deck.

My question is 2 parts:

1. If you do reveal a Black Squadron card, does it come into play at the engagement or just into play?

2. If that card happens to be Pilot Vader, can he attached to the TIE Advanced or no since it is focused out?

I apologize if these have been answered and I overlooked them

Thank you

1) it just get into play, not participating

2) I'd say yes. This is based on the latest semi official answer from FFG in regards to "Stay on Target": SoT limits the option since it says "...put into play as an enhancement", but he goes on to write the following:

"

Other effects that put units into play that do not have such “as an…” phrasing that dictates the manner in which the card enters play, however, can still interact with the pilot (X) rules. For example, the Millennium Falcon(0332) says “…put a Character or Droid unit into play from your hand.” In this case, if you put a Character unit with the pilot (X) keyword into play using the Millennium Falcon’s text, you would have the choice of whether that unit enters play as a unit or as a Pilot enhancement. This is because the Falcon does not dictate the manner in which the card must enter play, only the conditions it must meet in order to be chosen to put into play.

So yes to#2 IMO

With a pilot, you can choose. It merely says put into play. The ruling on Stay on Target and Infiltration deals with the specific text of those cards; SoT specifying as a pilot and Infiltration as a unit. Because Vader's TIE doesn't specify, it is for the player to choose.