Favour of the Dark Gods Q

By Darkmancer, in Forbidden Stars

Can you resolve this order upgrade immediately or do you have to wait until you strategize again?

No, you cannot resolve it in the same order in which it was purchased, because the card starts with, "When you reveal this order token..." By the time that you purchase the upgrade card, that triggering condition has already passed.

No, you cannot resolve it in the same order in which it was purchased, because the card starts with, "When you reveal this order token..." By the time that you purchase the upgrade card, that triggering condition has already passed.

That's how I interpret it too.

However when doesn't necessarily mean immediately. "When you eat fatty foods you increase the risk of having an heart attack" This doesn't mean the risk is confined to the moment you are eating.

That's how I interpret it too.

However when doesn't necessarily mean immediately. "When you eat fatty foods you increase the risk of having an heart attack" This doesn't mean the risk is confined to the moment you are eating.

In most, if not all, of FFG's products, you will find that they have a narrow window in which triggering conditions are met. If FFG uses the word "when," they mean "only at that specific point in time." I cannot think of any instances where FFG has used the word "when" in a forward-thinking manner to describe a triggering window. The closest thing to that is when FFG uses the word "whenever."