What happens to ICE after Agenda is stolen

By PSiAU, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

Say I have an Agenda which is protected by a piece of ICE. When the runner steals the Agenda, what happens to the piece of ICE?

I'm guessing it goes into the Archives but i'm not 100% sure. If someone would clarify that would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nothing happens. It stays there in whatever state it was in (Rezzed or Unrezzed).

Thanks for the reply nungunz.

But what's the point of ICE that's just sitting there protecting nothing?

It's not like I can install another Asset/Agenda into that same Remote Server. Or can I.......I do recall seeing in the rules that Assets and Agendas are installed into a NEW remote server.

Edited by PSiAU

You absolutely can install stuff into an existing server.

Thanks for the replies! I went back through the manual and found that you can install an ICE before an Agenda, and thus have ICE protecting an empty server.

It all makes sense now.

Thanks for much for the response Grimwalker and nungunz :)

No problem! Stop by for any other questions you might have.

I would like to thank you too for the answers. I have had the same question a couple minutes ago, figuring if Ice cards were automatically discarded or not at the Agenda or Asset disappearance.

But is it the same with Upgrades ? Do upgrades survive the removal of the Agenda/Asset card ?

Thanks for the precision,

Elrad

Yep. Upgrades are completely unaffected by the act of stealing an agenda. Though it's often the case that the runner will pay to trash them since he might as well, while he's there.