How does Wording what Character Cards?

By jackyboy, in Talisman Home Brews

Hi!

After making up some character cards recently something has started to bother me a little. I am quite OCD when it comes to trying to make the cards as 'official' looking as possible. So I keep having to check myself and double check myself when it comes to how to word the characters abilities correctly.

What I am saying is when should I use Captial Letters and Italic words???

What I remember from the 2nd edition is that there were many occasions where capital letters were used. Such as for strength, Craft, names of Weapons, place names on the board, any of the names of the types of cards like, Enemy, Stranger, Follower, Event etc etc

So for an example : The Character card is called Hound Master

On a movement roll of a 6, the Hound Master may move to any Character or Enemy in the same Region as him that he holds a Wanted Poster for. If this is a Character, the Hound Master must Encounter it. If there are multiple targets available, then the Player may choose which Encounter.

After typing this and looking at it in Strange Eons it doesn't look quite right to me. I have noticed from other homebrew character cards that everyone seems to have a slightly different idea of what should or shouldn't be Capitalised or put into Italics

Does anyone have good advise on what and what not to Put Into Capitals???

Many ThanKs! ;)

Look at the index on the back of the Talisman rules and you should see a difference in the way words are 'capitalised'.

Italics are only really used for a 'signature' special ability, and then only for the first use of the word.

PS - you still haven't emailed me. :)

Edited by talismanisland

thanks for the info, have had a look and it certainly shows what is capitalised and what is not. Although I must admit I don't really understand the reasoning behind it.

you have mail :)