A Dark Eldar's "Tiny Tim Slaughter"

By Thousand Son Sorcerer, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Over the past few weeks I have been hosting my first game for Rogue Trader with some buddies of mine. They're pretty reserved dudes, but once I introduced them to this game, they adapted and started to be very outgoing.

A group of Six Explorers; the RT, an Arch-Militant, a Dark Eldar, a Navigator, an Astropath, and a Tau. For this particular instance, we will follow the Dark Eldar.

In my campaign I'm having the explorer's main "questline" following the directives of the Ministorum. Their second main mission; purge Chaos from a certain world and bring back the head of the leader.

As I'm pretty new to this, I've tried to balance some good rewards with tough fighting. Most of the crew already have some decent gear to prepare them for the boss fight, but the Dark Eldar has been a little unlucky. (Earlier on in the campaign he was hit by a man-sized astroid flying through Footfall. Don't ask.)

The group made it to the planet's main city (now ruined) in search for the main bad. As they are tromping through the streets with a group of armsman and some Imperial Guard members they picked up, they meet a group of cultists that have set up a baricade blocking a major road. They begin to fight, yada yada, and I saw that the group was winning a little too quickly. I decided to make a gorup of 30 cultists flank them and make the fighting a bit more exciting. The first few shots missed, and the Dark Eldar was the only one crazy enough to charge at the group of 30.

The Dark Eldar made a bad initiative roll, so the group shot first.

They rolled a 100.

I looked at my friend, who was currenly afraid that I might have said, "They kill you." but because they rolled so poorly, I told him that he killed them all. In their fright, all of their weapons jam and you kill them all.

The Arch-militant played Tiny Tim's "Loving in the Sunlight" as the Dark Eldar vividly descibed each kill. I awarded them both for their acting and we moved on.

This campaign has been pretty silly so far and a lot of fun. I have a few more stories from earlier parts of the campaign and we are continuing play for the rest of the summer. More stories may be posted ;)

I can't wait to hear more, and as a GM I have been sitting there when my bad guys had that Clusterf@# moment, and everything goes way fast downhill.

I can't wait to hear more, and as a GM I have been sitting there when my bad guys had that Clusterf@# moment, and everything goes way fast downhill.

Thanks! We have met quite frequently (I have been working a summer job, making bank) but during this next month I'll have plenty of time to DM. I'll be starting up a "continued adventures" thread soon ;)