Question considering Mi-Go's bonus icons/stats

By Geistwandler, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hello there.

I'm currently building a Mi-Go deck thanks to the new TTY deluxe expansion but I'm a little curious about handling the army of these extraterrestial beings. Quite a few of them have icon or stat bonuses. Are they all cumulutive ergo all are stacking as you get a more than one of the same creature in play e.g. 3x Ageless Mi-Go equals Toughness +3 to all mi-go characters? Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Sven

Hi Gesitwandler,

Yes, Mi-Go bonuses of extra icons, skill and Toughness do stack - the more Mi-Go you have, the bigger and badder they get!

With respect to Toughness specifically, this is referenced in the Core rules as follows:

Toughness

...Some effects in the game give a character Toughness. Any time a character is receiving Toughness from more than one source, the different cases of Toughness stack. For instance, if a character with Toughness +2 was given a Support Attachment that provides it with Toughness +1, the character effectively has Toughness +3.

Hi Gesitwandler,

Yes, Mi-Go bonuses of extra icons, skill and Toughness do stack - the more Mi-Go you have, the bigger and badder they get!

With respect to Toughness specifically, this is referenced in the Core rules as follows:

Toughness

...Some effects in the game give a character Toughness. Any time a character is receiving Toughness from more than one source, the different cases of Toughness stack. For instance, if a character with Toughness +2 was given a Support Attachment that provides it with Toughness +1, the character effectively has Toughness +3.

That said 3x Ageless Mi-Go in play give Toughness +1 to all Mi-Go characters and not Toghness +3? I'm a Little confused. :huh:

"+1" means "add 1". So with 3x Ageless Mi-Go, it's 3x "add 1", which means a combined additional Toughness +3 bonus to each Mi-Go.

"+1" means "add 1". So with 3x Ageless Mi-Go, it's 3x "add 1", which means a combined additional Toughness +3 bonus to each Mi-Go.

Everything clear. Thanks for helping.