League games -- how?

By Intys Rule, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I've never organized a tournament and I've never played in a league before. My current area has an X-Wing night every other week with the occasional "official" FFG tournament. However, we've only got the "official" FFG tournaments for Armada which means once-a-month. Due to the format of Armada, I think it is difficult to cram it in an evening like we do with X-Wing (3 games on a Friday evening). Asking people to commit an entire afternoon more often might not work either.

I was thinking of running a league in my local FLGS but like I've said, I've never played in a league before. Can anyone advise me on how this works? How are scores tracked? One of this issues a player has brought up is that whoever has the most free time means he plays more games and that means he's got better chances of willing or coming out on top --- how can this be dealt with?

My goal here is simple -- provide people with incentive to play more Armada.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Well, here in Portland we just finished our Escalation league.

We started at 180 points and every 2 weeks bumped it up 40 points.

Here is how we are running our league. It is a standard 100pt squad, with a top 4 playoff at the end. For armada you may be able to do something similar. Just make sure that everybody plays everybody else and if necessary make your matches timed as well as limited by rounds.

T7sUO3V.jpg

Edited by kingargyle