Solo mode?

By me1034, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Has anyone heard if FFG is working on a solo expansion? i understand that the heart of the game is the edge battle which would be hard to do solo. But maybe there is a new mechanic that they can develop along with maybe a special deck to support solo play.

They did this for the Descent series, which is typically a 2+ player game where one player plays the bad guy and the other players play the good guys. They introduced new cards and mechanics that facilitated play against the deck where the deck instructs how the player moves and positions enemy figures. The same could be done with an expansion of solo cards that would be used with the core and expansion cards.

I'm not really looking for a home grown variation. I believe there needs to be some new cards developed to support solo mode and a new mechanic to modify or replace the edge battle. Just wondering if there have been any rumblings. Or maybe a petition from the community?

What are your thoughts? I love playing LotR solo and Descent solo as well. Not to mention the Legendary games. There seems to be a lot of support for solo gaming lately.

Not really a rules question...

FFG has not announced or given any indication that they are working on a solo variant for SWLCG.