Faction IDs for Draft format (concept for putting factions into the Netrunner Draft Packs)

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I know the draft IDs are made to make draft deck building possible as the influence system can just make random deck building impossible and still have a legal deck. So here are some concepts for making faction draft packs with draft only faction identities. I think the ID and faction is a big part of the netrunner theme and missing that I feel is a big downside to the draft format. So here are concepts and bullet points for implementing faction IDs into draft format (takign some inspiration from the runner mini factions.)

• High Influence Limits. This is sort of a no brainer but sure having IDs that have a 45 deck minimum and 40 influence allows for around half the cards to be out of faction. Draft format only of course. For mini faction runner IDs having 45 deck size and 80 influence seems rather like a crazy idea to have more influence than your deck size but I think it will make up for the smaller card poll.
  • 5 fixed seed cards for each ID and a 10 card sideboard. Simple the faction draft pack comes with the faction ID and the first 5 cards in faction (indicated by the pips similar to the core set pips) stay with that faction ID already giving the deck 5 out of their 45 regular cards. Then having each player draft up to 50 cards makes a decent side board to swap cards and change spent influence as needed for the draft. The draft pack will have 1 faction ID 5 cards to be seeded with that faction deck and 50 cards for drafting.
  • O ut of Faction Agenda Cost influence. This allows for corporate players to fill their agenda point limit easier. Simply for each point the agenda is worth it consumes 1 influence. So a 1 point HB agenda will take up 1 influence for a NBN Identity. A 5 for 3 point Weyland Agenda will take 3 influence for a Jentiki ID.
  • Penalties for allowing decks that end up over their influence limit. Instead of simply declaring a deck illegal and disqualifying the player instead if the deck has more then their influence limit they suffer the following penalty : if a player has influence over their influence before the first draw that player takes 1 card from the top of their stack/R&D and place it face down in the corporate/runner score area if they are 1-5 influence over their influence limit. Each facedown card in opponents score area is worth 1 agenda point . If 6-10 influence owner then that player takes the top 2 cards from their stack/R&D and put them face down in the opponent's scoring area. Increase each penalty by 1 card for every increments of 5 influence. This allows for the decks to have some elasticity with their influence. It does punish players for drafting poorly but at least it allows them to play and give them a chance to win. Also it provides an advantage to players that do draft well or those that have the traditional Masque/Shadownet draft IDs.
  • Cycles for Draft format and draft pack components . So each cycle should have 5 corp ID packs and 5 runner ID packs. The Corps should have 1 IS for each of the 4 factions and 1 shadow net faction deck. The runners should have the 3 main factions ID one of the mini-faction runner and 1 Masque ID. Each deck should have the faction ID 5 in faction seed cards and then 50 randomly assorted draft cards. Players should have 1 crop and 1 runner draft pack.

EDIT Sample Faction IDs (just to show a concept not saying that these should be the exact IDs. Although g00ru would make a perfect character for a Draft format ID only.)

Anarch g00ru [1 link]

Deck Size / Influence 45 / 40

Draft Format Only

After you make a successful Run the Corp mus trash either the top card from R&D or a random card from HQ.

NBN Market Direction

Draft Format Only

Each time a Trace is initiated increase the trace strength by 2

(mini)Adam Flynt [2 link]

Deck Size / Influence 45 / 80

Draft Format only

You start with 2 directive on your ID and place the 3 other directives in your sideboard. <click> exchange 1 directive on your ID with one in your sideboard. You can only use this ability once per turn.

HB 2Human

Draft Format

The first time you rez a card on each runner or corp turn gain 1 credit.

So right now it is mostly the core IDs on steroids which I think having stronger faction abilities does make up for some things as in draft format you don't have much control over constructing your deck. Also it gives these faction IDs some competitive edge over the neutral draft IDs with infinite influence.

So what do you think? Any comments?

Edited by Marinealver

Well speak and look what happen. Although each ID still has infinite influence I still think this looks like a good idea.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/25/hardwired/

strategic-innovations.png synthetic-systems.png information-dynamics.png fringe-applications.png

wyvern.png jamie-bzzz-micken.png boris-syfer-kovac.png

So some factions I think are powerful such as Anarch now taking cards from heap to stack (eat it shaper), some not so much like NBN to give a tag when agenda is scored or stolen.

Anyways what do you think about these?

They're fun. Note that your operations/Events will never impact this. For corps the lions share of this will come from your Ice selection. (Tyrant and Woodcutter are abundant IIRC.)

Edited by Grimwalker