Many questions but eager to learn

By Gabb, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

Hey all still new to this game but I've been lurking on this forum along with carddb, great work to all the people answering the questions! Anyways onto my questions I'm not 100% about:
1. If I have a Land raider ( Non- Vehicle units you control at this planet cannot be targeted by enemy card abilities. ) at a planet and my opponent attacks one of my space marine army units with a Wailing Wraithfighter ( Reaction : After this unit is declared as an attacker, your opponent must choose and discard 1 card from his hand, if able. ) Does my land raider block it's ability which makes me discard 1 card from my hand or does it the ability still go through and I have to discard 1 card?
2. I know theres other threads discussing it but I want to make sure that foresight can only be used right after a eldar warlord commits and not later on in the command struggle or combat phase right? Reason being Reactions have a limited window to react.
3. I'm still not 100% about Aun’shi ability. Do all the tau units still get armor bane once he attacks and leaves the planet? Do they still get armor bane if he gets bloodied in the middle of a fight? If so, what if units get deployed to the planet after he has left do they get armor bane if he's no longer there? I guess the same question could apply to the Orc warlord Nazdreg with Brutal ability.
4. Just checking but cards like suffering can be put on enemy units at hq right? They don't just have to be located at a planet
5. Does twisted laboratory also disable the text on attachments that are on units? Also it disables the flying part of a units ability right?
6. In the case where theres no enemy units at a planet ( they were all killed just then ) and theres an available unit that goes to attack, does this unit exhaust when it attacks ( to capture the planet? ) or does it just capture the planet, goes back to hq, and does not exhaust.
7. I understand using event cards that are actions during the deployment phase uses up your turn but what about using an action from a support card already in play during the deploy phase, does it count as a deployment turn?
8. When using the murder cogitator reaction, if the top card is revealed to not be a chaos unit ( say it's a neutral unit or event card ), does it just stay there revealed on top until you draw it normally?
9. For a player to use the No Mercy neutral card, the cost is to exhaust a unique unit you control to cancel that card’s shielding effect right? So that means you can't use it if you do not have a unique unit that is in a ready state.
10. Say Ragnar Blackmane commited to a planet and there was an enemy tau unit with the attachment Blacksun Filter ( Reaction : After an enemy warlord commits to the same planet as attached unit, gain 1[Resource]. ) The Blackmane player has initiative so he can use the 2 damage to kill the unit with the Blacksun filter before the unit can use his attachment reaction so then the enemy tau player won't get to gain the 1 resource right? Or do they both react at the same time before damage is dealt?

11. If a void pirate or rogue trader or other similar 0 attack units are at the first planet by themselves ( no enemy units ) can they capture it? The reason I ask is because it says in the rule book that they can't perform an attack with 0 damage.

Edited by Gabb
Mostly these have been addressed in the rules forum at cardgamedb, and that's usually the only place I answer these days to so as to help reduce the number of forums needing supporting (both are owned by FFG), but I have time on my hands so here you go ...
1. If I have a Land raider ( Non- Vehicle units you control at this planet cannot be targeted by enemy card abilities. ) at a planet and my opponent attacks one of my space marine army units with a Wailing Wraithfighter ( Reaction : After this unit is declared as an attacker, your opponent must choose and discard 1 card from his hand, if able. ) Does my land raider block it's ability which makes me discard 1 card from my hand or does it the ability still go through and I have to discard 1 card?
A. Land Raider only blocks effects that literally use the word "target", specifying that no non-Vehicle unit at Land Raider's planet can be a chosen target. Wailing Wraithfighter doesn't use do this in any way, so Land Raider doesn't block it.
2. I know theres other threads discussing it but I want to make sure that foresight can only be used right after a eldar warlord commits and not later on in the command struggle or combat phase right? Reason being Reactions have a limited window to react.
A. Correct. Once the reaction window to a triggering condition closes, the game moves on to the next thing and reactions to that past triggering condition can no longer be initiated.
3. I'm still not 100% about Aun’shi ability. Do all the tau units still get armor bane once he attacks and leaves the planet? Do they still get armor bane if he gets bloodied in the middle of a fight? If so, what if units get deployed to the planet after he has left do they get armor bane if he's no longer there? I guess the same question could apply to the Orc warlord Nazdreg with Brutal ability.
A. Check out the RRG "planet" entry. If a unit's ability says "at a planet", and it's not at a planet, its ability no longer applies. If it were a lasting effect, it'd say that "units at a target planet gain Armorbane until the end of the phase" or some such.
4. Just checking but cards like suffering can be put on enemy units at hq right? They don't just have to be located at a planet
A. They can. The rules for attachments allow that.
5. Does twisted laboratory also disable the text on attachments that are on units? Also it disables the flying part of a units ability right?
A. Twisted Lab only applies to the unit it targets, no other cards, so its attachments are not blanked. And yes, it blanks out everything in that text box, including keywords like Flying. Even permissions/restrictions like "No Wargear Attachments" disappear for that phase.
6. In the case where theres no enemy units at a planet ( they were all killed just then ) and theres an available unit that goes to attack, does this unit exhaust when it attacks ( to capture the planet? ) or does it just capture the planet, goes back to hq, and does not exhaust.
A. It doesn't exhaust. The battle victory condition is checked before the attack begins, whereas exhaustion happens within step 1 of an attack, after it begins. Units return to HQ from the first planet maintaining their state. (RRG 3.2.10) If the battle is at a non-first planet, non-warlord units remain at the planet.
7. I understand using event cards that are actions during the deployment phase uses up your turn but what about using an action from a support card already in play during the deploy phase, does it count as a deployment turn?
A. Yes, any action taken consumes a deployment turn. Such "deploy stall" actions have value because you can delay choosing how and where to deploy units until hopefully your opponent has made their choices.
8. When using the murder cogitator reaction, if the top card is revealed to not be a chaos unit ( say it's a neutral unit or event card ), does it just stay there revealed on top until you draw it normally?
A. Verbs such as "reveal", "search", "look" never actually cause a card to leave the deck, it's the subsequent aspect of these effects that defines what to do with it. As such, if the effect doesn't do anything to a revealed card, it stays where it is.
9. For a player to use the No Mercy neutral card, the cost is to exhaust a unique unit you control to cancel that card’s shielding effect right? So that means you can't use it if you do not have a unique unit that is in a ready state.
A. Correct. Check out the RRG Cost sections. If a cost can't be paid, you can't initiate the ability.
10. Say Ragnar Blackmane commited to a planet and there was an enemy tau unit with the attachment Blacksun Filter ( Reaction : After an enemy warlord commits to the same planet as attached unit, gain 1[Resource]. ) The Blackmane player has initiative so he can use the 2 damage to kill the unit with the Blacksun filter before the unit can use his attachment reaction so then the enemy tau player won't get to gain the 1 resource right? Or do they both react at the same time before damage is dealt?

A. See RRG Reactions. The player with initiative has the right to trigger the first reaction in a reaction window. In this case, Blackmane would likely trigger first (though he has the option to pass) and deal his 2 damage to the Tau unit. If this destroys the Tau unit, then it and its attachments leave play. It's now the Tau players turn to react. He can't trigger a reaction on a card in his discard pile (it needs to be in play, unless it specifically allows triggering from the discard pile), so no, he can't trigger Blacksun Filter. In the Tau player had initiative instead, then he'd trigger Blacksun Filter's reaction first, before the Blackmane player killed it with his reaction.

11. If a void pirate or rogue trader or other similar 0 attack units are at the first planet by themselves ( no enemy units ) can they capture it? The reason I ask is because it says in the rule book that they can't perform an attack with 0 damage.

A. It can definitely attack, and can win a battle. An attack is made up of three steps - declare attacker, declare defender, resolve attack. Within step 3, if the attacker has 0 damage, it doesn't execute the dealing damage process (which has it's own 3 steps), and that's the rule you're referencing. But the resolve attack step is still considered resolved, and all three steps are still completed for a 0 ATK unit.

Hope that helps.

Patrick

A. Verbs such as "reveal", "search", "look" never actually cause a card to leave the deck, it's the subsequent aspect of these effects that defines what to do with it. As such, if the effect doesn't do anything to a revealed card, it stays where it is.

The card is turned face down again, though.

(1.2) Duration of “Reveal”
Whenever cards are revealed, they remain revealed
until they arrive at their final destination as specified
by the effect that caused the card to be revealed, or
until the card effect is fully resolved.